Know what REALLY is grinding my beans?

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People professing to being Packers fans but are hoping that #4 has a "good game". To my line of thinking, you can't be a Packers fan if you're hoping the Vikings QB slices and dices the defense of the Green Bay Packers. To me, THAT is pretzel logic at the apex...

Those folks are fans of #4, or

They're Thompson haters, or,

They're fans of offense only and therefore should be playing Fantasy Football only.

I couldn’t agree more. I live in a total Vikings infested area and when I tell them that there are Packers fans that are pulling for Favre to be successful in any fashion and they are appalled!

Did that register? Vikings fans! The worst fans in the NFL. Those who are completely invisible unless their team is winning are disgusted by Packers fans and how they turn on the TEAM and root for a player.

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hoping Favre would have a craptacular game. The more picks the better! I'm a Packer fan. The fan in me wouldn't mind seeing him get benched half way through the season due to his crap play. That's out the window now.

He was great tonight. The vintage, good Favre. So be it.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont care what grinds your beans ... brett and the queens making fools of us on monday night ,, that grinds my beans ... did ya see ol TT (snake eyes ) with his big red mugg ,, yea that one sure came back to haunt you didnt it snake eyes ...

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People professing to being Packers fans but are hoping that #4 has a "good game". To my line of thinking, you can't be a Packers fan if you're hoping the Vikings QB slices and dices the defense of the Green Bay Packers. To me, THAT is pretzel logic at the apex...

Those folks are fans of #4, or

They're Thompson haters, or,

They're fans of offense only and therefore should be playing Fantasy Football only.

It has been a while since I've had time to drop by this forum, but I know the feeling. It really was a difficult game to watch. I was a Packer fan before #4, and while I still like #4, I was rooting hard for a come back in that game. Sad that we drafted a DT and threw out our 4-3 defense last year rather than draft a lineman to replace Tauscher :/

gute

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm both a Packer fan and a Brett fan, but when it came to the game last night I was all Packers. I kept hoping Brett would throw some picks, oh, that's right he did, but it was called a b.s. holding penalty.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How can anyone be a fan of Ted Thompson when he's obviously failing with this team?

(LT..wrote a huge explanation of how Thompson is ego ridden, but it wouldn't post this AM. Will post later.)

Btw who is saying they are a fan of Ted, I see people saying a PACKER fan

Still waiting for your unbiased view on Teds ego

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a great expression that used to be fairly popular: To each, his own.

Who cares who among us can be fortunate enough to be classified and stamped as "legitimate" Packers fans? What a ridiculous waste of time and downright communist in nature.

If some of you people think I'm gonna completely drop my admiration for my favorite sports figure of all time - especially when he's treated like dog crap on the bottom of a shoe from Packers brass - simply because he has been forced to play for another team - you're completely nuts.

Again, I urge you all that instead of inner-fighting amongst the troops - use that energy for something more productive - like trying to figure out why Thompson continues to disregard the offensive line.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If some of you people think I'm gonna completely drop my admiration for my favorite sports figure of all time - especially when he's treated like dog crap on the bottom of a shoe from Packers brass - simply because he has been forced to play for another team - you're completely nuts.
There's just one little thing. Nobody forced him to go to the queens. He was in contract with the Jets. I won't go into the argument again that he retired, he was kicked. But he didn't have to go to the queens. And the Jets are a very good team, too. He could contend there.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's just one little thing. Nobody forced him to go to the queens. He was in contract with the Jets. I won't go into the argument again that he retired, he was kicked. But he didn't have to go to the queens. And the Jets are a very good team, too. He could contend there.

Exactly - Brett preferred to play with Minnesota, but don't kid yourself here. Evidence over the past few years indicates Brett probably would have played anywhere he was given an opportunity to start. It is obvious he prefers the Central Time Zone, as he had indicated several times throughout the past few years. He also prefers smaller cities, again narrowing down the opportunities.

I think Brett took it up the **** willingly in New York and put in his time, in exchange for being releases, if the Jets were able to land a franchise QB in the draft, which they did. So, Brett eventually got his wish even though the Packers did everything under the sun to SCREW HIM.

But, this argument is really based on how people's outlook in life is. You've got the libertarian camp that promotes the individual over the masses, and the communal camp that promotes the masses over the individual. It might be subconscious, but it is evidently there. It couldn't be more painfully obvious, really.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly - Brett preferred to play with Minnesota, but don't kid yourself here. Evidence over the past few years indicates Brett probably would have played anywhere he was given an opportunity to start. It is obvious he prefers the Central Time Zone, as he had indicated several times throughout the past few years. He also prefers smaller cities, again narrowing down the opportunities.

I think Brett took it up the **** willingly in New York and put in his time, in exchange for being releases, if the Jets were able to land a franchise QB in the draft, which they did. So, Brett eventually got his wish even though the Packers did everything under the sun to SCREW HIM.

But, this argument is really based on how people's outlook in life is. You've got the libertarian camp that promotes the individual over the masses, and the communal camp that promotes the masses over the individual. It might be subconscious, but it is evidently there. It couldn't be more painfully obvious, really.
I can buy that he would prefer to play in a smaller city than in a big one. I don't buy that revenge, or some feeling similar to it, wasn't a factor, though. Not saying it was only it, because it's not black and white. But it sure was one of them.

But that kills the argument that he only cares about the game, and would keep playing no matter what. If he had to stay in NY to play, he wouldn't have kept playing. Unless someone has an evidence that he was sure he would be picked up by Minnesota, and that he had been contacted by them while he was still in contract, which if I'm not mistaken isn't allowed by the NFL.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can buy that he would prefer to play in a smaller city than in a big one. I don't buy that revenge, or some feeling similar to it, wasn't a factor, though. Not saying it was only it, because it's not black and white. But it sure was one of them.

But that kills the argument that he only cares about the game, and would keep playing no matter what. If he had to stay in NY to play, he wouldn't have kept playing. Unless someone has an evidence that he was sure he would be picked up by Minnesota, and that he had been contacted by them while he was still in contract, which if I'm not mistaken isn't allowed by the NFL.

I mean, who are you to tell Brett Favre how to feel, ya know? Can ya feel me, Bubba??? I'm really blown away how the common man has the stones to direct Brett Favre on how to live his life, when the majority of Americans are completely dropping the ball on living their own lives.

It's wild, I tell ya, the stones you people have.:shock:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I mean, who are you to tell Brett Favre how to feel, ya know? Can ya feel me, Bubba??? I'm really blown away how the common man has the stones to direct Brett Favre on how to live his life, when the majority of Americans are completely dropping the ball on living their own lives.

It's wild, I tell ya, the stones you people have.:shock:

Now your turning to name calling lol

Bubba?

In another thread calling us children and lunkerheads,,Nice!

Anyways the point is if it was just for the love of the game then he would have stayed in NY...Before his injury they were on a clear path to the playoffs..So one would assume that they would have had another shot at the playoffs...But then he told the world he was retiring for REAL THIS time...

and the reason he brought up the revenge word is Brett said it himself to Peter King..

Care to show me how he is telling Brett how to live? I can't see it myself.. all I see is that he is putting out his opinion on how Brett felt and it is a good opinion since Brett admitted to part of the feelings.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Care to show me how he is telling Brett how to live? I can't see it myself.. all I see is that he is putting out his opinion on how Brett felt and it is a good opinion since Brett admitted to part of the feelings.
That's my point. If Hauschild feel offendend by it, so be it. I don't care. I'm saying why I feel he's either a traitor or a primadonna. He makes it sound like Favre is freaking Jesus and we're all Judas Iscariotes for crying out loud. I've appointed facts, not conjectures of how he prefers this or that city. Conjectures which, by the way, I can understand, but they just don't refute my point that this man could still be a Packer or a Jet if he chosed too, and that's irrefutable.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you think that the jets would be this good last spring? If you were to switch Minn roster with KC's I would bet my life that he would have signed there instead. I believe he would have gone to the best team that would give him a chance go out on top. The Viks were the perfect fit for him.
I'm sure there is a revenge factor, but I believe there are bigger reasons for his signing with Minn

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you think that the jets would be this good last spring? If you were to switch Minn roster with KC's I would bet my life that he would have signed there instead. I believe he would have gone to the best team that would give him a chance go out on top. The Viks were the perfect fit for him.
I'm sure there is a revenge factor, but I believe there are bigger reasons for his signing with Minn

I dont think so, last year he said that part of the reason to play was to stick it to Ted, and he also told Mike M and ESPN that he wanted to play for the Viks so he could go against them..Even before it was even known he wanted back his pilot/friend/business partner said on his official message board he was betting Brett was going to be wearing purple before that monday night game in 2008

If Minny wasn't courting him Brett would be retired

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I didn't think because they didn't have a QB... Again, that's just conjecture. It doesn't change the fact that, if he wanted to, Brett Favre could be a Packer or a Jet.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm curious why everybody believes Minnesota has such a great roster - seemingly head and shoulders above all other rosters in the NFL? I don't see it at all.

I see a team with an exceptional quarterback, but Brett wasn't on the team when he decided to sign with Minnesota. I see a thoroughbred in All Day, but I also see a back that is frighteningly impatient and doesn't have patience for running lanes to open. I see pass protection that was dismal in pre-season and the first 3 games of the season. I see a very pedestrian wide receiving corps. I see a tremendous pass rushing D-line, but also a D-line that is surrendering increasing rushing yards at a concerning pace over last season the first four games of this season. I see a secondary that struggles with pass defense. I see a coaching staff that doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

Then, there is the odd speak about so many of Brett's former coaches coaching at Minnesota. You're kidding, right? Only Bevell, and all he was, was Brett's QB coach, so I'm not sure how much water that argument holds.

I believe Brett saw a fledgling franchise and a potential personal challenge. He is playing well, but he is now responsible for TWO Minnesota victories already - that has to concern some people because I'm not sure how long a 40 year old QB can carry an NFL team.

Brett's been given a gift and he should be commended for extracting every last bit of productivity out of said gift - not vilified and belittled. How many of us - even if we possessed the tools - feel we could have remained as hungry and driven as Brett continues to be? If half of Americans had Brett's work ethic and inner drive, there might not ever be another recession.

FanOfTheGame

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think it is possible to be a fan of both the Packers and Favre. Many people were Packers fans and Favre fans for 16 years. Many people became Packers fans because of Favre. Just because a person is hoping Favre plays well does not mean that person is hoping the Vikings play well. It really is elementary. My boy, who is only 7, loves Favre and he loves the Packers. He understands that the Vikings are the enemy. He doesn’t understand what happened in 2008 and I haven’t influenced him one way or another. I don’t speak ill of Favre in front of him and I don’t speak ill of the Packers in front of him. When the Vikings play he roots for Favre, but hopes that the Vikings lose. My friend asked him how he could root for Favre and want Favre’s team to lose at the same time. He responded, “It’s easy because quarterbacks play good all the time and lose.” I like his way of thinking. It’s so basic. It’s the adults who complicate matters.

One can be a Packers fan and a Favre fan at the same time. Being a Favre fan doesn’t equate to being a Vikings fan. One can expect their team to be better than the opposing team even if the opposing team’s quarterback is great. Instead of being so concerned with Favre being a traitor, or a selfish diva, or a waffler, Packers fans should concern themselves with the Packers. If the Packers have a better team than the Vikings, Favre won’t make one bit of difference. If the only thing that makes a difference between the two teams is the quarterback then the Packers defeated themselves when they chose to move on. I understand that Favre retired. I understand that he ****** them around. But he did not render them without a choice. The Packers made their choice and that choice involved the very real possibility that Favre would play for a rival team. It doesn’t matter if he did it out of spite or because he just wanted to play for a contending team. Packers management knew Favre could end up with the Vikings and they were okay with that. If management is okay with that, then I’m okay with that too.

I don’t want the Packers to win because the other teams suck. I don’t want the Packers to win due to mistakes made by the other teams. I want the Packers to legitimately beat good teams. I want the Packers to win because of talented and motivated players and smart coaching. Many Packers fans seem to focus on Favre throwing interceptions or his performance dropping off later in the season. It shouldn’t matter. The Packers should be able to win games, and the division, regardless of Favre’s performance. They just need to be better. This is why I can hope that Favre plays well and at the same time root for the Packers.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious why everybody believes Minnesota has such a great roster - seemingly head and shoulders above all other rosters in the NFL? I don't see it at all.

I see a team with an exceptional quarterback, but Brett wasn't on the team when he decided to sign with Minnesota. I see a thoroughbred in All Day, but I also see a back that is frighteningly impatient and doesn't have patience for running lanes to open. I see pass protection that was dismal in pre-season and the first 3 games of the season. I see a very pedestrian wide receiving corps. I see a tremendous pass rushing D-line, but also a D-line that is surrendering increasing rushing yards at a concerning pace over last season the first four games of this season. I see a secondary that struggles with pass defense. I see a coaching staff that doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

Then, there is the odd speak about so many of Brett's former coaches coaching at Minnesota. You're kidding, right? Only Bevell, and all he was, was Brett's QB coach, so I'm not sure how much water that argument holds.

I believe Brett saw a fledgling franchise and a potential personal challenge. He is playing well, but he is now responsible for TWO Minnesota victories already - that has to concern some people because I'm not sure how long a 40 year old QB can carry an NFL team.

Brett's been given a gift and he should be commended for extracting every last bit of productivity out of said gift - not vilified and belittled. How many of us - even if we possessed the tools - feel we could have remained as hungry and driven as Brett continues to be? If half of Americans had Brett's work ethic and inner drive, there might not ever be another recession.
Maybe because they had more pro bowlers than anybody last year. Maybe because they have the best running back in the league? maybe they have the top ranked run defense in the league for the past 3 years? You are such a homer if you think that O-line was giving anything up to your pathetic defense but you do crack me up! Aaron Rodgers is now 8-12 as a starter so keep hateing on Favre we love it:happy0005:Skol Vikings

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think so, last year he said that part of the reason to play was to stick it to Ted, and he also told Mike M and ESPN that he wanted to play for the Viks so he could go against them..Even before it was even known he wanted back his pilot/friend/business partner said on his official message board he was betting Brett was going to be wearing purple before that monday night game in 2008

If Minny wasn't courting him Brett would be retired
maybe the pack should file tampering charges against the Vikings for courting Favre?:jester:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think it is possible to be a fan of both the Packers and Favre. Many people were Packers fans and Favre fans for 16 years. Many people became Packers fans because of Favre. Just because a person is hoping Favre plays well does not mean that person is hoping the Vikings play well. It really is elementary. My boy, who is only 7, loves Favre and he loves the Packers. He understands that the Vikings are the enemy. He doesn’t understand what happened in 2008 and I haven’t influenced him one way or another. I don’t speak ill of Favre in front of him and I don’t speak ill of the Packers in front of him. When the Vikings play he roots for Favre, but hopes that the Vikings lose. My friend asked him how he could root for Favre and want Favre’s team to lose at the same time. He responded, “It’s easy because quarterbacks play good all the time and lose.” I like his way of thinking. It’s so basic. It’s the adults who complicate matters.

One can be a Packers fan and a Favre fan at the same time. Being a Favre fan doesn’t equate to being a Vikings fan. One can expect their team to be better than the opposing team even if the opposing team’s quarterback is great. Instead of being so concerned with Favre being a traitor, or a selfish diva, or a waffler, Packers fans should concern themselves with the Packers. If the Packers have a better team than the Vikings, Favre won’t make one bit of difference. If the only thing that makes a difference between the two teams is the quarterback then the Packers defeated themselves when they chose to move on. I understand that Favre retired. I understand that he ****** them around. But he did not render them without a choice. The Packers made their choice and that choice involved the very real possibility that Favre would play for a rival team. It doesn’t matter if he did it out of spite or because he just wanted to play for a contending team. Packers management knew Favre could end up with the Vikings and they were okay with that. If management is okay with that, then I’m okay with that too.

I don’t want the Packers to win because the other teams suck. I don’t want the Packers to win due to mistakes made by the other teams. I want the Packers to legitimately beat good teams. I want the Packers to win because of talented and motivated players and smart coaching. Many Packers fans seem to focus on Favre throwing interceptions or his performance dropping off later in the season. It shouldn’t matter. The Packers should be able to win games, and the division, regardless of Favre’s performance. They just need to be better. This is why I can hope that Favre plays well and at the same time root for the Packers.

Damned you logical thinkers!!!:)

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe because they had more pro bowlers than anybody last year. Maybe because they have the best running back in the league? maybe they have the top ranked run defense in the league for the past 3 years? You are such a homer if you think that O-line was giving anything up to your pathetic defense but you do crack me up! Aaron Rodgers is now 8-12 as a starter so keep hateing on Favre we love it:happy0005:Skol Vikings

You've obviously missed my valid points about 5 times now. You're either very confused, or you don't value honest opinions.

Fasten that seat belt, old boy. The ride is going to get bumpy.:happy0005:

Members online

Latest posts