Knee Jerk Reactions - 2013 Offseason

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
What are the three things you would like to see right now?

1. Offensive Line - Whether it is coaching or personnel, it needs to be improved. (Hopefully Sherrod will be good next year).
2. DEFENSE - This defense has never looked good besides the 2010 Super Bowl run. Idk if we need a new DC or better personnel or better playcalling but this is a massive weakness for us.
3. Run Game - It improved with Dujuan Harris but we need to commit to it and not abandon it so soon if we go down. This will improve when #1 improves too.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1 TJ Lang is a good back up
2 Rodgers sure made the 49ers regret drafting him...not
3 Fire Capers ( not knee jerk though)
4 I love you DD

12theTruth

Fire Campen and Capers

Draft 2 Offensive Lineman in the Top 4 rounds

Add best free agent outside linebacker or spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on one.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
What are the three things you would like to see right now?

1. Offensive Line - Whether it is coaching or personnel, it needs to be improved. (Hopefully Sherrod will be good next year).
2. DEFENSE - This defense has never looked good besides the 2010 Super Bowl run. Idk if we need a new DC or better personnel or better playcalling but this is a massive weakness for us.
3. Run Game - It improved with Dujuan Harris but we need to commit to it and not abandon it so soon if we go down. This will improve when #1 improves too.
calls espe
I would like to see a little more risk taking with the O"calls on 3rd and shorts, and MM has got to take a more active role in overall coaching dutys, play calling on offense and defense......

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. New personnel on D - Fire Capers and get a safety and/or cornerbacks that aren't soft.
2. Improve the O-line
3. Draft a TE with some hands
4. Secure a complimentary back to share the load with Harris

Gopackgo520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers defense has been disgraceful under Capers, aside from a 6 week stretch in 2010...
2009 were bad all year...offense scored a lot of points that season but defense gave up more. Were responsible for 45 points in that Arizona playoff game...
2010 was better but got hot late in the year obviously
2011 set all time NFL highs in yards allowed...
2012 was an ok year aside from MN week 17 New York week 14 and tonight obviously.
I for one have seen enough of this guy. The players didn't just play in the right position on the Super Bowl run...

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
2011 set all time NFL highs in yards allowed...

Saints allowed 500 more yards this year than we did last year. Perhaps the NFL is different.... somehow, than it was pre-Goodell?

Think about it. You can barely touch QBs anymore. You can't hit WRs anymore. That's going to result in some teams giving up a ton of yards.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
1. Discipline in all phases of the game. Or barring that a decent, healthy powerback.
2. Players that don't get injured. Or another good run presence on the DL.
3. Finley at full potential for the rest of his time as a Packer or some other tall receiving TE.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're going to need another receiver. We're not bring DD back and Jennings will get paid way too much by someone else.

After that, I'd like an interior linemen that can play all three--think EDS, but younger and better.

Then I'd like better depth at ILB. It'll be difficult as big men that can hit and cover are rare, but I'm hoping.

CheeseHusker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm very wary of "fire this guy" posts, just because you see hundreds of them every time a team loses. It's emotional, quick-handed. So... with that, I say fire the guy. Capers. I think this team has too many talented players on both sides of the ball to be shown up like this.... 200 yards to a flippin' quarterback, come on.

Teddy will never go for it, but I think they need to bring in somebody before the window closes. I hate to see Rodgers' prime years wasted because of mind-boggling defensive incompetence. Rodgers deserves better than to be labeled a one-ring wonder like his predecessor.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
1. New personnel on D - Fire Capers and get a safety and/or cornerbacks that aren't soft.
2. Improve the O-line
3. Draft a TE with some hands
4. Secure a complimentary back to share the load with Harris
And LB's who can tackle, and a GM meeting with MM to tell him to start taking a finishing bite to the throat attitude when playing...being too humble does not work in this league......

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I'm very wary of "fire this guy" posts, just because you see hundreds of them every time a team loses. It's emotional, quick-handed. So... with that, I say fire the guy. Capers. I think this team has too many talented players on both sides of the ball to be shown up like this.... 200 yards to a flippin' quarterback, come on.

Teddy will never go for it, but I think they need to bring in somebody before the window closes. I hate to see Rodgers' prime years wasted because of mind-boggling defensive incompetence. Rodgers deserves better than to be labeled a one-ring wonder like his predecessor.
True, A-Rod to me should have 2 rings, if we field this same crap in the 2013 season we will slip down that journeymen team look...

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New DC and offensive line coach without a doubt, they have both been given talent and failed to do much with it (yes there were injuries but all teams have injuries, except the 49ers somehow). I would like to see a center brought in with an early pick, didn't see enough from EDS warrent anything different. Remember we were down our top 2 OT the entire second half of the season so a complete overhaul of the OL wold be the definition of a knee jerk reaction. Really going to hate to let Jennings go after these last few games reminded us of who he can be.

Can the training staff go? Haha

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Well a few things should be certain:
Their should be Promotions, Demotions, and a Termination or 2...I think we should have O-cordinator, and MM should focus on the entire Team opps, as well as D-opps,more attention should be placed on basic fundamentals like TACKLING, BLOCKING, PROTECTION,COVERAGE,PURSUIT, A-Rod has been established in the elite QB club,but to get in the rankings of Brady, Montanna,with several rings, he just needs to up his game, find ways to WIN A-ROD I am just doubtful that this present organization will ever get U the tools U really need to win another SB, unless you do it with your skills alone, I don't have the confidence in the O'line that the packer staff has..All these weapons, and no results....I know the Packer reps view fan comments, and they also know our pocket books pay all there salaries,and we deserve the best product our money can buy.....

KayIslandDrunk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's scary but I see a repeat of the late 90s / early 2000s. Just enough to have a winning regular season but not enough to do anything in the playoffs. I'll be very upset if I see the organization screw Rodgers over just as much as they did Favre in the late 90s.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Wait is it ok to be negative now?... Is it ok to ask to fire capers now?
So long as you do it in the proper "Fire Capers" thread
Hopefully Harris and a power runner, maybe Benson share the carries next season.
Harris definitely will be on the roster, Green will make it, hopefully we can draft a power back and/or retain Benson

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts