KJ

jessefly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is keyshawn johnson still available? im not trying to say hes coming to GB i just couldnt find anything that said anyone had taken him.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I heard NFL network state Green Bay had talked to Keyshawn but I don't think it was anything more than an initial conversation so there might be some interest from TT. That is, again, if I remember correctly.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keyshawn is an intriguing possibility, but do we want to give up a roster spot to a 35 year-old WR, who admittedly can still be productive, when we have a young set of WRs coming in?

If it were Ferguson vs. KJ, give me Johnson any day of the week, but from what I've been reading, he doesn't seem to interested in signing with GB. It's not like he had the potential to come in right away like Randy Moss and light another teams secondary up anyways.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keyshawn is basicly going to give you 800 yards and 6 TDs, that job I believe can be done by Ruvell Martin much cheaper.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keyshawn has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to play here, or rather, who he's willing to play for.

i wanted to pick him up until i read that.

KJ ain't coming.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Rotoworld.com

Keyshawn Johnson-WR- Panthers May. 14 - 12:28 am et

The Packers have had discussions with free agent Keyshawn Johnson.

No deal involving Johnson seems to be imminent despite a report early last week that he was close to signing with either the Raiders or Titans. The Packers may not be willing to meet Keyshawn's asking price if they believe third-round pick James Jones can make an instant impact.

Take that for what you will.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is Keyshawn going to help this team?

Good hands. Decent routes. No speed. 10 or 11 yards per catch?

We have a half-dozen younger guys we could get that out of. Which one of them do you cut so that we can overpay KJ for a year or two?

If this was 1996 and we were one good receiver away from a Superbowl then I'd say go for it. But it's not. And we're not. And I'm not.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats the news on koren ... i sure hope he comes back for game 1

KRob cannot rejoin the team until Sept 18, so he will not be there for game 1. He will need to be re-instated to join the team, but all reports indicate that he's doing everything that has been asked of him.

It will take him time to get up to playing speed and learn the playbook (he just started that process before being suspended last season). I wouldn't expect anything from him at WR until midseason. Basically you cannot bet/plan around KRob, but if he could be a good boost if he does come back to his PB form.

GO PACK GO!!!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keyshawn better prove himself if we do pick him up and better not have an attitude like Moss does. I was wondering about Thompson, but I guess I can see now he is a bonehead for sure.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keyshawn better prove himself if we do pick him up and better not have an attitude like Moss does. I was wondering about Thompson, but I guess I can see now he is a bonehead for sure.
?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
Whats the news on koren ... i sure hope he comes back for game 1

KRob cannot rejoin the team until Sept 18, so he will not be there for game 1. He will need to be re-instated to join the team, but all reports indicate that he's doing everything that has been asked of him.

It will take him time to get up to playing speed and learn the playbook (he just started that process before being suspended last season). I wouldn't expect anything from him at WR until midseason. Basically you cannot bet/plan around KRob, but if he could be a good boost if he does come back to his PB form.

GO PACK GO!!!

Bobby,
I just don't see where it's going to take until mid season. That's like seven weeks after he more than likely get's reinstated. WR's get picked up and thrown into the lineup the next week all the time. Unless he's not coming back in shape and that's not a rep he carries.

I can see where it might be two weeks after he's back before he starts getting more reps and three or four before he's in full swing but that would be about max.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Koren can apply for reinstatement on September 18 at the absolute soonest, which I'm sure he will if he keeps himself out of trouble over the Summer once he gets off electronic monitoring in early June.

Then it goes to Goodell and the front office, and they have 60 days to review his case and decide if he can be reinstated or not. My guess it will be at least two weeks before they decide, so best case scenario we get Koren back on the practice field in early October and then up to full speed by early November for the 2nd half of the season.

That is one of the better case scenarios we can hope for Koren. It's up to him though to make it work though, cause if he screws up anymore, his NFL career is officially done.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope the commissioner isn't a jerk an waits the full 60 days

I don't think he will wait that long. It looked like he was about to reinstate Ricky Williams roughly two weeks after he had applied for reinstatement (which is what I based my estimate on for Koren) before he f'ed up in April again and got himself suspended until September by testing positive for marijuana.

There is also a chance they may not reinstate Koren until after this upcoming season too considering this current suspension stems from his probation violation in Washington in 2005. There's still the drunk driving incident from MN last August they may take into consideration in their ruling.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts