Khryi Thornton Thread

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I guess the Packers are serious about rushing the passer.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

H

HardRightEdge

Yet another 5 tech base DE type, I guess. Maybe they figure they can pump him up with 15 lbs of milk shakes to play NT. Maybe we'll get another Daniels out of this pick (good)...or he could be another Worthy (not so good).

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn just missed nix
I'm sure the texans jumped us knowing we'd have taken him.

They must think this guy can play the nose, right? He's exactly the same size as Worthy, who evidently they don't think can play nose. I thought we'd add one dlineman in the draft and it'd be a nose, so I'm curious to see what happens with this guy.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, he played over the center a lot in that Nebraska game and did okay. although since Nebraska is just another damned passing team nowadays it's kinda hard to tell how he'd be against the run down after down. One thing is clear though: There aren't a lot of good players around him on that line. He gets good push or penetration and the back is already around the end where no edge has been set whatsoever. It seems like he could have made some nice plays in the backfield there if the back was penned in a bit more.

H

HardRightEdge

I was hoping for a position coach. This pick is absolutely stupefying.
I was joking about the milkshakes, kinda. 5 tech base DE is the plausible thinking; Thompson's hoping for an active/motor guy like Daniels, though this guy does not look like much of a pass rusher.

Think of this guy as Worthy's competition for a roster spot.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am more interested in hearing the one regarding "Richard Rodgers"

Seems like there's a very good chance we could have picked up both Thornton and Rodgers tomorrow.

We're certainly not hearing the kind of superlatives from our coaching staff that make me think missing on either of these prospects would have been devastating. I hate the value on both these picks.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently, Thornton has off the field issues or he would have been picked higher than this. His upside is immense. But lets hope his "issues" dont carry over.................

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man why can't TT tune into the kind of Intel that people on this forum have that tell them they both could have been had in the 4th round or lower? Maybe we could send him a link to this web site?

D

Deleted member 6794

Thornton doesn´t possess a lot of pass rush ability and I don´t think he´ll be able to add weight to play NT for the Packers. He´s versatile though as he has played multiple positions on the DL and was the best player in the NFLPA´s Collegiate Bowl.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would wager that most 3rd and 4th round picks result in lots of complaints from the peanut galleries around the league just because there's so much variability on opinion of mid-round picks and the fact that these players generally aren't as heavily scouted by the talking heads as they are by the actual teams who draft them.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thornton doesn´t possess a lot of pass rush ability and I don´t think he´ll be able to add weight to play NT for the Packers. He´s versatile though as he has played multiple positions on the DL and was the best player in the NFLPA´s Collegiate Bowl.

Which would explain the pick, they say Teddy attaches a lot of importance to the all-star game practices and games.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man why can't TT tune into the kind of Intel that people on this forum have that tell them they both could have been had in the 4th round or lower? Maybe we could send him a link to this web site?

He should just fire all of the teams Collegiate scouts and just read all of the draft guides by Kiper McShay and the fan blogs as well. Think of all the money he'd save!

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a serious note fans really don't get how much more in depth the team/front office analysis is of players as opposed to what you see in the media. With teams that have been successful its generally a good idea to give said team's front office the benefit of the doubt.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Basically the NIT Tournament of NFL scouting.

Members online

Latest posts