Keys to loss

cdnpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of these seem pretty obvious but...

-Our secondary can't tackle well...or didn't do a good job period in the first half.
-Again, in the first half our pass rush was horrible, which does not help the secondary either.
-Offense is good, but no run game and crappy o-line until near the end.
-Dumb plays/penalties. Some of the calls were questionable, but nonetheless, some stupid moves.

If we could improve on all these, we would have been in much better shape tonight. The come-back to almost win was amazing, but we need to be much more consistant.

To be fair, injuries set us back a lot, and I admire the fact that the Packers almost pulled this one out. PS: I and I'm sure we all hope Murphy is alright, that looked rough :-?

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lack of defense on third down, fergies lack of effort again to go after the ball and the bs pass interfence call on Roman in the end zone against Peppers were the keys that I saw.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fondypackfan said:
Lack of defense on third down, fergies lack of effort again to go after the ball and the bs pass interfence call on Roman in the end zone against Peppers were the keys that I saw.

Yea - that one (Roman) I almost forgot about - what a crock!

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if anybody else noticed, but it seemed at times the Pack were fired up(beginning of game) or were trying to last night more so than in previous games. Like they knew they had to bring a little more heart and emotion to the table. Of course 0-3 should do that for you. But like their games, they seem to get it going when they fall way behind. Why can,t that "mindset" be there at the first snap?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Cheese - wouldn't that be more like something the Coaches should be responsible for?

The Team, early on, will try and pace themselves....

OP
OP
C

cdnpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah that call was horrible...there were a few questionable calls last night.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre has thrown eight interceptions this season, and by my count Robert Ferguson is at least partly, if not completely, responsible for four of them. He's been a huge disappointment this season. Another player who sucks this year is Najeh Davenport. He brought his suckworthiness to a whole new level last night by running into Terrence Murphy on that kick return, which put Murphy in a position to get seriously injured.

But the main problem is that there just aren't enough big-time players. Most of the team's starters are fine as complementary players, but a team full of good complementary players, with only a few standouts (Favre, Driver, KGB), is a below-average team.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Brett Favre has thrown eight interceptions this season, and by my count Robert Ferguson is at least partly, if not completely, responsible for four of them. He's been a huge disappointment this season. Another player who sucks this year is Najeh Davenport. He brought his suckworthiness to a whole new level last night by running into Terrence Murphy on that kick return, which put Murphy in a position to get seriously injured.

But the main problem is that there just aren't enough big-time players. Most of the team's starters are fine as complementary players, but a team full of good complementary players, with only a few standouts (Favre, Driver, KGB), is a below-average team.

I totally agree about Ferguson. What makes it more upsetting is that the guy was making a big fuss about wanting the ball more, but then won't fight for it when Favre throws it to him.

I don't expect him to be a deep threat like Walker, but for as strong as Ferguson is supposed to be, I was hoping he'd play a little more physical like Sharpe use to. But Ferguson doesn't use his body to shield defenders, and he won't fight for the ball. He almost has to be wide open if you want to throw it to him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts