Ken Hamlin

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im sure everyone knows by now but the Cowboys cut Flozell Adams and Ken Hamlin. I guess people saw the Adams release but not the Hamlin, hes a pretty solid SS. hes in his 8th season and is 29 years old. Hes a player who can get 80-90 tackles and 5 INTS a season. Do you think this is the Packers opportunity to add some really solid strength to their secondary? I think GB should be seriously looking at Hamlin.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Hamlin the same way I see Bigby. A guy that was terrific in 07 but hasn't shown up since.

Actually, I like Bigby better. Bigby last year came on strong, until he got injuried.

Hamlin, once got paid, did nothing.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But there's some positives about Hamlin that sets him above Bigby: limited injury history plus extensive experience in the 3-4 defense. Plus Hamlin was drafted by TT back when he was VP of the seahawks.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flozell wouldn't be a bad pickup either. He'll definitely come cheap as he'll b a backup. The Dallas Cowboys are pretty much giving the Packers the last pieces to their roster, TT should take advantage.

OP
OP
A12ROD903

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flozell wouldn't be a bad pickup either. He'll definitely come cheap as he'll b a backup. The Dallas Cowboys are pretty much giving the Packers the last pieces to their roster, TT should take advantage.

I dont think Flozell will come cheap, he will probably be asking for alot, he is a pro bowler. I also dont think that signing these guys would be the end all to our needs. I dont think TT would go for Flozell hes got too much baggage, but I think Hamlin is a good possibility, plus like you stated, he was originally drafted by TT who probably knows him better than some of his teammates.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a big concern when a player signs a big contract and his production stops. Reminds me of Cletidus.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh yeah, forget all his past transgressions, TT should pick him up because he's cheap!

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Definitely DO NOT want Flozell.... not that we don't need better o-linemen.. but we dont need this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbsdBGOmVM8]YouTube - Flozell Adams Late Hit On Justin Tuck[/ame]

Wouldn't mind having Hamlin though, could sub in and out with Bigby.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with the majority, no thank you. I want a positive influence on our locker room, not a negative one.

This screams a Bill B signing, or a Al Davis big money signing.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay Okay I get it, Flozell trips an NFL player and now he is on the FBI's most wanted list. I'm not advocating that we sign him immediately, only get a look at if we still can't find an OT by draft day. Flozell is 34 and he's certainly past his prime which is why I find him to be so cheap. Yet he's better than any backup that you can think of.

OP
OP
A12ROD903

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well my idea for this thread was to focus on Ken Hamlin. But in regards to Flozell, I dont think a little attitude on our oline would be bad AT ALL. Plus, Adams had a beef with Tuck, its obvious (besides the trip). I just dont think Adams will come cheap and if he does than so be it, wouldnt be a bad backup. I dont see it happening though.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see both signed, give Clifton some competition at LT and would make a solid backup, giving Lang a real opportunity to win the guard or RT position.

We need depth at safety, and having someone who has played in a 3-4 defense for more than a year would be a bonus.

This is only a possibility if we can sign both these guys for a reasonable price.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see both signed, give Clifton some competition at LT and would make a solid backup, giving Lang a real opportunity to win the guard or RT position.

We need depth at safety, and having someone who has played in a 3-4 defense for more than a year would be a bonus.

This is only a possibility if we can sign both these guys for a reasonable price.
I agree. I believe both can compete for a starting job.
But it would have to be for a very "Packer friendly" contract.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No thanks on Adams. I like attitude but not when it hurts your team. I am surprised TT isn't checking out Hamlin, however. Is there more going on here too? I wonder if TT sees a red flag when a team cuts a young player outright like that...? :Clueless:

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hamlin is straight up bad. Just because he went to a Pro Bowl, doesn't mean anything really.

Latest posts