Keith Bulluck not likely to be back with Titans

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to si.com Keith Bulluck has been quoted as saying he no longer thinks his future is in Tennessee and once March 5th hits he will become a free agent.

I've long thought that Keith Bulluck is a vastly underrated LB, do you think he could into our 3-4 lineup next to Barnett? He has amazing coverage skills, which is what we need, plus he is above average in run support. I know he is traditionally a 4-3 OLB but I think it could work.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An interesting thought. IMO Hawk is not an answer and will cost a lot of money this year to be only released next year. I would rather pay a player like Keith 4 million a year with long term benfits than sticking with Hawk this year.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
An interesting thought. IMO Hawk is not an answer and will cost a lot of money this year to be only released next year. I would rather pay a player like Keith 4 million a year with long term benfits than sticking with Hawk this year.

I agree. However, I still believe that we need to do everything we can to get an O-Lineman in FA first. Either that or we need to draft one and a strong safety with our first two picks in the draft. Those are our two most important needs currently IMO. Linebacker and running back (positions where we have depth) should be addressed after those needs have been filled.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bullock would be a great short term solution for the LB position. We should still draft at least one lb but would love for bullock to mentor that kid.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to si.com Keith Bulluck has been quoted as saying he no longer thinks his future is in Tennessee and once March 5th hits he will become a free agent.

I've long thought that Keith Bulluck is a vastly underrated LB, do you think he could into our 3-4 lineup next to Barnett? He has amazing coverage skills, which is what we need, plus he is above average in run support. I know he is traditionally a 4-3 OLB but I think it could work.

I'd argue he'll end his career in Tennessee, but if not, I would take him in a heartbeat and cut or bench Barnett or Hawk in a heartbeat.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. However, I still believe that we need to do everything we can to get an O-Lineman in FA first. Either that or we need to draft one and a strong safety with our first two picks in the draft. Those are our two most important needs currently IMO. Linebacker and running back (positions where we have depth) should be addressed after those needs have been filled.

I agree our first priority is a left tackle, if a good one can not be had at our 23rd pick we need to move up and get one of the two top prospects who could start day one. If this is too costly we need to get one of the restricted free agents and use our 1st and 3rd picks to get one and pay him, especially if Peppers lands in Chicago along with Kampman.

Watch out for those bears, the NFC North could get very interesting.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
If Ted doesn't offer him some sort of contract, probably 2 years, he isn't doing his job correctly. He'd be such an upgrade over Hawk it isn't even funny.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Ted doesn't offer him some sort of contract, probably 2 years, he isn't doing his job correctly. He'd be such an upgrade over Hawk it isn't even funny.

Barnett, also. Both He and Hawk are robbing Green Bay blind and nobody really cares. What is it, about 12 million between the two per year???

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Barnett, also. Both He and Hawk are robbing Green Bay blind and nobody really cares. What is it, about 12 million between the two per year???
Agreed, but Bullock could only replace one of them and I think Hawk is a bigger problem than Barnett. Barnett can play at Pro Bowl levels when he wants to, that just doesn't seem to be often.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts