Keep Kampman as a pass rusher?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
No please. We need young blood on our team. From what I have heard and seem, Peppers and Porter are both prima donna's. Porter would much more likely come here because he will be cheap, but I doubt it. All very doubtful still.

Don't care if Peppers is a prima donna or not. That guy is straight up out this world. Would KILL to have him on our team.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't care if Peppers is a prima donna or not. That guy is straight up out this world. Would KILL to have him on our team.

It's crazy he wants to be an OLB. Just imagine a 6 7 guy out there covering tight ends. It would be an automatic first down every time.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
He can be furious all he wants, I don't think he was going to be a Packer in 2010 either way. If that's true, it all but confirms that he's done here.

Ted, bring me Joey Porter. Or, if you truly feel like taking advantage of the uncapped year, Julius Peppers.

If Kampman is furious....screw him. We don't need. I've had several beers tonight, so I don't feel bad saying that.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's crazy he wants to be an OLB. Just imagine a 6 7 guy out there covering tight ends. It would be an automatic first down every time.
Not when that 6 7 guy is faster than a lot of Wrs out there...

But the key thing is not speed, both Harrison and Woodley are slow. It's agility, and Peppers has it. He needs to drop a few pounds, but he has it.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Not when that 6 7 guy is faster than a lot of Wrs out there...

But the key thing is not speed, both Harrison and Woodley are slow. It's agility, and Peppers has it. He needs to drop a few pounds, but he has it.

Peppers is athletic enough that he could probably play any position in the NFL if he wanted to. You remember watching him play basketball for North Carolina? That dude is sick. Probably one of the best physical specimens I've ever seen.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hes gone. There is no reason to keep him and pay him what he deserves. I like him as a person and will cheer for him to get a huge payday somewhere else, and hopefully he will be inducted into the packers HOF someday

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman will only sign a contract where he plays DE, that just the facts. The Packers position is extremely weak at this point, Kampman's future is in his hands.

Bossfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman sucks as a LB... Why would the Pack want to sign him for a DE position? Undersized and coming off of a major injury. Let him go somewhere else. Sign Porter for a one year fix and to prep another young player for 2011.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman sucks as a LB... Why would the Pack want to sign him for a DE position? Undersized and coming off of a major injury. Let him go somewhere else. Sign Porter for a one year fix and to prep another young player for 2011.

I second that...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because, yes, he didn't play well as an OLB, but he had 8 games to learn. I think they believe he can still learn.

Moreso, we play almost 70% in our nickel and dime packages. We lack pass rush. He can provide it.

I don't think they'll tag him, but they'll definitely make an offer for him, for at least have him as a positional player.

If he's going to re-sing, it's another issue.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because, yes, he didn't play well as an OLB, but he had 8 games to learn. I think they believe he can still learn.

Moreso, we play almost 70% in our nickel and dime packages. We lack pass rush. He can provide it.

I don't think they'll tag him, but they'll definitely make an offer for him, for at least have him as a positional player.

I think Kampman's priority is to play DE, which is in his mind none negotiable.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

The more I think about this the more I'm on the fence about it. I love Kampman and he's a good player, but it wouldn't be the worst thing if he left either. I can't wait to see what happens. I think either way it will be good for our team.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I think about this the more I'm on the fence about it. I love Kampman and he's a good player, but it wouldn't be the worst thing if he left either. I can't wait to see what happens. I think either way it will be good for our team.

Does anyone believe Kampman will sign a contract where he will play OLB? Unless we force him by tagging him, he will not sign a contract with Green Bay.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Does anyone believe Kampman will sign a contract where he will play OLB? Unless we force him by tagging him, he will not sign a contract with Green Bay.

I'm sure you're right. I'm just saying, I would still love to have him on our team in any capacity, but if he decides to leave I think our defense will be fine with out him too. Weird situation.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I can't wait either. Expect the unexpected with all the shocking news circulating around the NFL every season. Off topic, but did anyone read about Ladainian getting cut by the Chargers today?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Instead of trading Kampman, why don't we use him to rush the passer instead of Jolly on passing downs? Kampman is a proven pass rusher, while Jolly, well.......isn't. Thoughts?

I doubt anybody would give much for Kampman, so the Pack releases him or keeps him. I'd bet he will be released.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't wait either. Expect the unexpected with all the shocking news circulating around the NFL every season. Off topic, but did anyone read about Ladainian getting cut by the Chargers today?
Tomlinson would be the best 3rd down back in the NFL. But he'll want feature back money, and probably feature back status. We shouldn't give him.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing with LT is that he has yet to win anything. I can see him signing with a team that has a shot at the Super Bowl for less money than say the lions.

I can see LT signing with Green Bay for less money, we are one of the few contenders for a Super Bowl that is not loaded at the running back position. He has a better chance at getting playing time and a shot at the big dance with the Packers than he does on other teams.

I am not saying it will happen, especially with Green still in the mix. But I see a remote possibility.

I just don't see LT signing with a team like the lions at this point in his career, the team has to have a shot.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The thing with LT is that he has yet to win anything. I can see him signing with a team that has a shot at the Super Bowl for less money than say the lions.

I can see LT signing with Green Bay for less money, we are one of the few contenders for a Super Bowl that is not loaded at the running back position. He has a better chance at getting playing time and a shot at the big dance with the Packers than he does on other teams.

I am not saying it will happen, especially with Green still in the mix. But I see a remote possibility.

I just don't see LT signing with a team like the lions at this point in his career, the team has to have a shot.

wrong post?? LOL

this is thread about Kampman

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts