Kampman will stay in Green Bay

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Packers announced Wed. that they have exercised their right of first refusal and have matched the Minnesota Vikings offer sheet to defensive end Aaron Kampman a restricted free agent, thus will remain in a Green BAy uniform." according packers.com the packer's official Web site.

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am very happy the Packers kept Aaron Kampman. 1.2 million for a deserving and starting DE is money well spent. He might not be a great impact DE like Reggie White and he is not the pass rushing threat that KJB is, but he does make plays and he does hustle. He might be as good as any of the DEs in the draft. He is probably better than some of the higher ranked DEs in the draft. The Packers might still draft a DE in the draft, but I hope it is not in the first 3 rounds. I see better value in the DB position or even LB position in this draft. Our DBs in general played poorly in 2004. I pray they improve. This year's DB group is rated high per the so called NFL experts. We need better safeties in 2005 and we need our CBs to play much better.

Members online

Latest posts