KAAL TV: Vikings Fans Deal With Post-Packers Depression

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Vikings Fans Deal With Post-Packers Depression

It was a perfect ending to an imperfect season for Vikings fans as they watched the archrival Green Bay Packers claim the Lombardi Trophy. Chris Long talked to an expert about how Vikings fans can cope through the offseason.
Dr. Justin Anderson is a sports psychologist in St. Paul who says Vikings fans could certainly be facing "situational depression" in the wake of the disappointing season.
"As Minnesota fans take the Vikings seriously, it's an up and down event," Anderson says, "The thing that hurt the most was the expectation."
Anderson says it's only natural for fans who already felt bad about the Vikings season to feel even worse after the Packers win in the Super Bowl.

More at the link, including a video. Heh.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are winners and they are of course losers. They don't deserve their team and it will be removed from their hands in one last season in that pathetic city. LA Vikings in 2012. Believe it.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that by now they were used to it.
No kidding. Year after year of disappointment they should just come to terms their a team with little hope. Bandwagon fans that just show up when their winning, getting to championship games and blowing them, players with low morals, and terrible management and owners. I love when they whine in their easter egg colored gear.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! They get soooooo close then fall flat on their faces, I love it.

10 go from first to worse, HC fired 2/3 of way through the season, No QB
09 NFC Champ game Lose
00 15-1 lose NFC Champ game when the most clutch PK MISSES a FG and become the first 15-1 team to NOT make the Super Bowl
0-4 in the Super Bowl (69, 73, 74, 76)

at lest they have their ONE NFL Championship to cling to :D
:viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Each and every year it just gets worse and worse for Viking fans. Living here, last year was brutal. I did not really have a huge hatred for the Vikings, due to the fact that year in, year out you could rely on them to choke in epic fashion. However, once Favre got there my disdain for them grew immensely. I hated Favre and I hated the Vikings.

That's why that loss to the Saints was so incredibly awesome. You could not have made it up, Favre throwing back across the middle for a season ending INT....AGAIN only this time it was for the lavender.

Let's have a quick recap, I am sure I will leave things out.

1. Jim Marshall ran the wrong way on a fumble recovery.
  2. The powerful Vikings manage to lose to an overmatched KC Chiefs team in Super Bowl 4 by a score of 23-7. 56 toss power trap becomes a familiar phrase as Hank Stram was screaming it after the play for NFL films.
  3. They lose to the Dolphins in Super Bowl 8 by a score of 24-7.
  4. They make it back the next year and lose to the Steelers in Super Bowl 9 by a score of 16-6. This is their closest Super Bowl loss.
  5. 1975 they lose on a hail mary pass "Drew Pearson shove off game" if you will. A referee is hit in the head by a beer bottle after the game.
  6. 1976 they make it back to the Super Bowl again, losing to the Raiders 32-14. This is the only Super Bowl where they scored more than 7 points.
  7. 1987 they throttle the 49ers in the divisional round of the playoffs. They seem poised to make it back to the Super Bowl. They drive for the winning score and Darrin Nelson drops the game winning TD pass on 4th down.
  8. 1988 they give up one of the most memorable runs in history when Steve Young stumbled and bumbled his way to a touchdown.
  9. 1989 they make "The Trade". The trade that will put them over the top. They trade multiple draft picks and players to the Cowboys for Herschel Walker. Dallas turns those players into Emmitt Smith, Erik Williams and proceed to win 3 Super Bowls thanks in large part to this trade. Meanwhile, the Vikings continue to be mediocre. Walker only played in MN for 2.5 seasons.
  10. FF to 1998. Best Vikings team in a long time. Randy Moss set records and they were the highest scoring team in NFL history. Gary Anderson didn't miss a kick all year. He missed the SB clinching kick, the Falcons tied it, the Vikigns took a knee and the rest is history. First 15-1 team to not win a Super Bowl.
  11. 41-Donut in 2000 NFCC game
  12. Brett Favre is the savior. Awful int ends their season in epic fashion and they extend their losing streak in the NFCC game to 5 games, an NFL record.
  13. This season needs no further explanation and to make it even worse the Packers win the Super Bowl and Aaron Rodgers is the MVP.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What will be funny is if they pull a 'Laker'. Lakers left Minny to LA and became a perennial powerhouse in the NBA. Maybe the Vikings move to LA and become dominant. Do the Vikes have it in them? Doubtful.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Vikings fans - so much like Jets fans, except the Jets have gone to, and lost, 2 AFC Championship games in a row, so they are more cocky right now, but next year they'll be ready to jump off a cliff again... Good times :rotfl:

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I almost forgot - even better is the fact that this year their slogan was "Minnesota Vikings - 50 years of Greatness!" Someone should get their marketing department a dictionary to show them what greatness actually means.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it any wonder now that the Metrodump collapse happened?
It's like the Norse God really hates the Vikings or something.
That was the icing on the cake. Or in this case, the icing on the field!

I can see it now at the meeting with the architect.
Vikings Owner (VO): And the roof. What will that be made of?
Architect (A): We propose a teflon inflated one.
VO: But will that withstand the winter snow if it falls on there? Shouldn't we have something a bit more stronger and harder?
A: It snows here? Oh.... Umm... Uh.... Don't worry. It can take anything. Besides, it's state of the art. The newest thing. You will be the envy of all other NFL owners of domed stadiums. Especially the Saints.
VO: Yeah, sounds good. Let's do it!
(Katrina happens.)
VO to his staff: Man, look at what happened to the Superdome. If they would have had a teflon inflated roof, I bet the Saints wouldn't have been displaced this year. Those poor guys having to play in other stadiums. Fortunately we will never know what that will be like, will we gentlemen?
(You know the rest.)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Is it any wonder now that the Metrodump collapse happened?
It's like the Norse God really hates the Vikings or something.
That was the icing on the cake. Or in this case, the icing on the field!

I can see it now at the meeting with the architect.
Vikings Owner (VO): And the roof. What will that be made of?
Architect (A): We propose a teflon inflated one.
VO: But will that withstand the winter snow if it falls on there? Shouldn't we have something a bit more stronger and harder?
A: It snows here? Oh.... Umm... Uh.... Don't worry. It can take anything. Besides, it's state of the art. The newest thing. You will be the envy of all other NFL owners of domed stadiums. Especially the Saints.
VO: Yeah, sounds good. Let's do it!
(Katrina happens.)
VO to his staff: Man, look at what happened to the Superdome. If they would have had a teflon inflated roof, I bet the Saints wouldn't have been displaced this year. Those poor guys having to play in other stadiums. Fortunately we will never know what that will be like, will we gentlemen?
(You know the rest.)

LMAO that was right on.

I would love to see the Vikings have to play all through cold weather since they are a "dome team" and constantly complain when they get their ***** kicked in snow games, which reminds me, I think the NFL was being too nice for not making them play in Philly for that snowed out game.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the Vikings move to LA, I am wondering who the NFL will bring into the North Division in their place?? Perhaps bring Cleveland back in the NFC. Yeah, another old school team in the Norris division. Wouldn't that be cool!!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
After the Vikings move to LA, I am wondering who the NFL will bring into the North Division in their place?? Perhaps bring Cleveland back in the NFC. Yeah, another old school team in the Norris division. Wouldn't that be cool!!

The Browns i don't think would last in the NFC North.
They would make some big deal out of not having to play Pittsburgh or the Bengals anymore, since those are still rivalries.
it would actually help the Browns, since they became a team again they don't even try to beat Pittsburgh most the time, but I'm sure the NFL wants to keep that rivalry even though the Ravens (the real old Browns) are whom replaced them with their Steel rivalry.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I expect the Rams would move, makes the most sense and is the easiest to do

Members online

Latest posts