K ROB back with Pack!!! I'm all for it!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont sass me, shouldnt you be cluckin to trucker bob?!

anyway, i think if we get k-rob after week 1, its safer for the organization or something. I dont know the rules, and dont pretend to.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
roflmao!!! i just felt the need to tweak your nips for some reason tonite.

let's see how the first game goes before we make any decisions on k-rob. that's what i'd do but, then again...i'm no 'paid professional'!!! :)

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
roflmao!!! i just felt the need to tweak your nips for some reason tonite.

let's see how the first game goes before we make any decisions on k-rob. that's what i'd do but, then again...i'm no 'paid professional'!!! :)
How come Trom gets to get his Nips Tweaked. Maybe I'll have to start sassing you :wink:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Koren doesn't have court until October in which by that time Will Blackmon should be healthy enough to take over return duties.

Koren could be signed for ultimately a temp fix for the return game until Will Blackmon comes back. Hopefully if that's the plan Blackmon can be a stud returner for us.

The appeal process (which there will be an appeal if the NFL aims to ban him for a year) is quite lengthy and if the NFL initiates its 1 year ban he could in fact get the entire season completed before the ban is to in place.

It would be in Koren's best interest to sign with a team. Be on his SUPERIOR best behavior and I mean superior. Like doing a shiot load of community service. Maybe even commercials against drunk driving. Although ppl will probably dismiss it as him being a full fledged ******* hypocrite.

If those were done plus some he could get the judge to perhaps go lightly on him and make him serve only six months in jail/prison with a huge fine and loads of community service work as well as being committed to AA programs.

Personally. I really do not like drunk drivers at all. I know alcoholism as a disease and how it can consume you. It's difficult to conquer.

Everyone has their own life an story and its different than most can imagine. I jus can't think of any excuse for drinking then driving even though some ignorant ppl think that 'everyone' has done it. If everyone robbed the closest bank to their home that doesnt mean robbing a bank is right or excusable. It means ppl collectively are weak, lazy and pathetic.

I just don't know on this. I guess for the sake of the team. Make him do many public appearances stating his alcoholism problem, admitting he has a problem, that he's getting help on a consistent basis and he is 100% dedicated to beating his disease.

I guess I mainly hope if the Packers sign him he does very well for us, but I don't want him to go unpunished for his actions.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, you cannot push back a revocation hearing -- it is something you have already been convicted of.

Further, this is not a two, three or four time trouble with the law it is far more serious than that.

In an October 2004 article in the Tacoma News Tribune, Mike Sando reported on Robinson’s past troubles:

“A search of public records revealed 21 cases implicating Robinson for various misdeeds, including four allegations of negligent driving since 2003. The records show repeated failures to appear in court, cases

In July 2005, Robinson arrived at Kirkland (Wash.) Municipal Court to serve a one-day sentence for a May 2005 DUI stop that he pled guilty to. In exchange for that plea, Robinson’s blood-alcohol levels (two .191 tests, over three times the legal limit in Washington) were stricken from the record, and a reckless driving charge was dropped.

However, when Robinson arrived to serve his one-day sentence (one year with 364 days suspended), two police officers said that they smelled alcohol on Robinson’s breath.

None of this includes any of his lengthy juvenile record.

Koren is a walking time bomb that is going to explode. As someone who had his 11 year old nephew killed by a drunk driver in a hit and run, I cannot believe that you all are willing to say "screw it we need a kick returner so let's ignore the record and all of the multitude of warning signs.

I wonder if you all will feel so flip if he kills a member of your family?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero said "If everyone robbed the closest bank to their home that doesnt mean robbing a bank is right or excusable. It means ppl collectively are weak, lazy and pathetic."

(There goes my plan to knock over the Grafton State Bank!!!) :lol:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Revocation is something I know very well. The previous information is incorrect.
Revocation from prohibation is excuted by the judge, or the PO or the supervised individual. It's a judgement decision regardless of the stipulation.

When I was on prob. there were certain things that if I did I was automatically revoked and would get the full sentance. I broke two of them and was given the OPTION to revoke myself or continue prob. after the jail time the PO gave me.

Keep in mind, I had a flawless record before the incident that put me on prob. That very well could have played a role in the leniency.

Bottom line. As I outlined in my lengthy post earlier. It could be possible to retain him. He could play atleast four games for us as a returner and thats all we may need if Blackmon comes back healthy an capable.

Lets stop trying to make more out of this than there really is.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Bottom line. As I outlined in my lengthy post earlier. It could be possible to retain him. He could play atleast four games for us as a returner and thats all we may need if Blackmon comes back healthy an capable.

Lets stop trying to make more out of this than there really is.

NO Zero, Lets stop trying to make LESS out of this than there really is.

I am too lazy to sort through this and rewrite it as a response to you, but below is my response to a very solid poster over at Packer Chatters -- I believe most of it is appropriate for this thread too.

Terry I take absolutely NO offense to your post. As I said this is a loss that happened long ago and I do not take such a moralistic stance to anyone who is suffering from chemical dependency. I believe CD can destroy the lives of many including: the addict, the addicted persons family, innocent victims (like my nephew and the thousands of persons who are killed each year by drunk drivers). I never intended it to imply that discussion should come to "a thudding halt" because of what happened to my nephew. I have great concern for Koren's life too.

I also believe that Chemical Dependency is an illness that people can recover from and lead very productive and meaningful lives -- I myself have employed plenty of recovering persons and on occassion some that were actively acting out their addictions in destructive ways -- though I certainly did not know that at the time of hire -- and supported them and welcomed them back to work when they got their addictions under contol. I am not a teatoddler (I am not sure if that is even the right word) myself and do not consider alcohol consumption to be a bad thing for everyone -- only those who abuse it. I also think our drug laws are insane and ineffective. So having said this, let me return to point.

Yes it is a crime to show up in court having alcohol on one's breath if they have entered a plea bargin that includes "no use of alcohol" and more importantly it demonstrates a reckless disregard for the law and for public safety -- as Koren drove himself to court that day.

It is on this plea bargin that he was showing up for that he was to do 1 day in jail and have the other 364 days hanging over his head as time to be served if he violated any of the conditions of his probation -- which he did by coming to court and to jail having used alcohol.

As a pampered athlete once again in a high publicity case, the Washington Judge decided to give this man a break even after stating that he (Robinson) had long ago run out of 2nd chances, but the Judge believed his sincerity this time and would stick his neck out for him once again (This is what high priced attorneys can buy you in America). This is the same Judge he must go in front of on his revocation hearing -- which was my original point and he is likely to be doing jail time very soon. Koren did not make it through his probation meeting the conditions agreed to in his plea bargin -- not even close. His now famous incident in MN (which resulted in MN being the 2nd team to give up on him despite a huge financial investment) was not his first -- it was the 2nd that week alone and the charges he faces for that infamous night are felony offenses that include fleeing from police, driving without a drivers license and after revocation, reckless endangerment by engaging in a police chase in excess of 105 MPH (including through a small town where it is simple luck that someone was not killed) and of course another DUI and other charges are pending.

You have to know (by the simple law of averages) that Koren Robinson was not arrested nor convicted everytime he violated the law -- not even close. In fact stories of police driving him home and charges being dropped were legendary in his hometown, his college career and in Seattle because of his immense talent as a football player.

Sadly each of those breaks contributed to enabling this man's life to continue to spin out of control.

Yet here we are, without regard for this young man's life, once again saying let's help him use every technical venue possible to avoid facing his problem and the consequenses of his behavior.

Terry I do not believe that Koren Robinson should be considered a pariah for the remainder of his natural life. Rather I believe exactly the opposite -- he is a young man whose irresponsible and destructive behavior screams for help and accountablity. I would be extemely disappointed if out of selfishness and temporary gain that the Packers would act to prematurely help him once again ignore the warning signs and continue down his road to self (and other) destruction.

I hope that Koren gets help and leads a productive life after getting his life together -- I just don't believe it will come weeks after once again behaving in ways that could have very easily cost him his life, or the lives of any of the many officers envolved in the chase, or of any of the innocent drivers on the way home to their families that evening or perhaps a child walking his pet in that small town on that potentially fateful evening.

Koren need to concentrate on his recovery, not meeting the impatient needs of football fans IMO, and like you (Terry) I apologize in advance if my strong opinions offend any of you.

And finally, as I stated early in this thread, the Packers have far too many needs to be investing the time, money and public goodwill in a player who is likely to be sitting in a County Jail in Washington within a few short weeks.

I commend Ted Thompson for talking to the young man and would certainly be open to possibly signing him for next or another future season if he seems to be getting this long time problem under control and after he has faced the consequenses of his behavior.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Zero said "If everyone robbed the closest bank to their home that doesnt mean robbing a bank is right or excusable. It means ppl collectively are weak, lazy and pathetic."

Cheesey, you live in Grafton? I'm from near there too.
Hammer

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce,

I never realized his problems went this far back. This does complicate the situation. I hope all the right decisions are made in the best interests of everybody before he steps on the field. I hope he gets the help and support he needs !!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Sadly I am far to lazy to read all that nor do I really care to. Nothing personal. But I know what I know.

He's not a Packer. Enough said.

The reason I'm too lazy is its LESS THAN 60 MINUTES TIL KICKOFF~!!!+!()@&*)RJLDFKASJFL;KASJD FL;KASJD F;LKASJDFL;KAJSDF ASDJFL;ASJDLFKAJKSDL;FJLK woohooo

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
cheesey said:

Cheesey, you live in Grafton? I'm from near there too.
Hammer

I'm about 6 miles from Grafton!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers Agree To Terms With WR Koren Robinson

posted 09/11/2006

Adding depth to their receiving corps and kicking game, the Green Bay Packers Monday agreed to terms with veteran Koren Robinson. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the agreement.

Robinson, a 6-foot-1, 205-pound wide receiver out of North Carolina State, has worked professionally with several individuals currently in the Packers organization, including Thompson.

The sixth-year veteran earned Pro Bowl recognition for the Vikings last season, when he led the NFC and ranked fifth in the league in kickoff returns (26.0 avg., 47 returns, 1,221 yards). In a 24-21 road triumph against the Giants (Nov. 13), he returned a kickoff 86 yards for a touchdown.

Originally selected by Seattle in the first round (ninth overall) of the 2001 NFL Draft, Robinson played his first four years with the Seahawks before signing as a free agent with Minnesota on the eve of the 2005 season. In 71 NFL games, including 57 starts, he has 235 receptions for 3,514 yards (15.0 avg.) and 13 touchdowns. Robinson also has 21 career carries for 114 yards (5.4 avg.) and one TD.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL just spended Robinson for the year....j/k...but really there is a great chance that can happen...anyways im suprised he signed with gb after yesterday, but maybe that is the only option he had left.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackwillBEback said:
NFL just spended Robinson for the year....j/k...but really there is a great chance that can happen...anyways im suprised he signed with gb after yesterday, but maybe that is the only option he had left.

He has court in october. Depending on what happens there he can appeal the suspension by the NFL as long as hes ... umm you know not in locked up lol

Even if he's gone in October, we should have Blackmon back by then who hopefully can be a spark on the returns

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts