Just out of curiosity....

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...has anyone heard whether Larry Johnson has reported to the KC camp? If not, I would think that the mgmt. there would be considering lowering the asking price for him. Morency's injury has me worried about our depth at RB. Jackson's inability to block for the QB will bring tons of blitzing our way. I don't want to start another long thread...I'd just like to have an update. Thanks!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still dont know why Morency being ready to go on opening day makes people question our RB depth(any more than before).

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I still dont know why Morency being ready to go on opening day makes people question our RB depth(any more than before).

How can you not see why it would cause worry? No, him being out for three weeks is not a huge deal, but the issue is his durability. If he's already out injured just because of some simple cuts and no tackling, what makes you think that he will last through the season? I believe injuries will plague him all season.

So then we have jackson, yes. But he really seems to be struggling picking up blitzes, etc., and is an injury prone unproven rookie as well. Throw into the equation that our starting full back is injured as well, NOT being slightly concerned about our backfield is illogical. Don't have to panic necessarily, but a little concern is needed . .

packedhouse

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am from Hudson and go watch the chiefs training camp often in River Falls Wi. LJ has not reported. He wants LT money and Carl Peterson said he will not pay him LT money.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

How can you not see why it would cause worry? No, him being out for three weeks is not a huge deal, but the issue is his durability. If he's already out injured just because of some simple cuts and no tackling, what makes you think that he will last through the season?

Is Mo a rookie? Did he not share the majority of reps at RB with ahman last year?

What makes me think he will last through the season, you ask? Because HES DONE IT ALREADY.

Overreaction amuses me.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your over-reaction, or the over-reaction of others? sometimes for me it goes both ways, but when i overreact i feel stupid later. i usually don't like feeling stupid.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never worry about these types of injuries this early in camp. The truth be known, Morency's injury gives Jones and the others more reps. We know what Morency can do. He's a veteran now and he's been at all the OTA's so it's not like he won't know what's going on.

The only thing that I am miffed about is, how anyone can be fatigued this early in camp. McCarthy was talking about guys making mistakes because they're tired in camp. With all the OTA's and none of these guys having to hold jobs, I don't know how any of these guys could come to camp out of shape.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
your over-reaction, or the over-reaction of others? sometimes for me it goes both ways, but when i overreact i feel stupid later. i usually don't like feeling stupid.

others.

im not overreacting. im playing it smooth like joe cool.

DoddPower

Reaction score
DoddPower said:
tromadz said:

How can you not see why it would cause worry? No, him being out for three weeks is not a huge deal, but the issue is his durability. If he's already out injured just because of some simple cuts and no tackling, what makes you think that he will last through the season?

Is Mo a rookie? Did he not share the majority of reps at RB with ahman last year?

What makes me think he will last through the season, you ask? Because HES DONE IT ALREADY.

Overreaction amuses me.

Whatever dude, it's not overreaction. I have been concerned about our running game since Green and Henderson left. I'm not rolling in the floor panicking and shaking saying "oh my god what are we going to do??" I just don't believe Morency OR Jackson have the durability to last throughout the season, EVEN if they are sharing loads. Jackson's good, yes, but hasn't proven he's durable AT ALL. Morency apparently suffered a minor injury . . . but from what?? A few hard cutbacks in training camp??

He lasted through last season . . . ok. But even if he's not the starter his reps will probably be doubled this season, further increasing the chances for another three week "minor" injury, hence being significant.

Some people like depending on hope and potential, I on the other hand like having some proof. If the backs stay healthy a good amount of the time this season, then I'll obviously be proved wrong and be happy. However, I haven't been sold on the durability of them both and believe we will have a "decent" running game at best this year.

I would be more then happy to be wrong though . . .

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

others.

im not overreacting. im playing it smooth like joe cool.

i know, joe. i know.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson's good, yes, but hasn't proven he's durable AT ALL. Morency apparently suffered a minor injury . . . but from what?? A few hard cutbacks in training camp??

He lasted through last season . . . ok. But even if he's not the starter his reps will probably be doubled this season, further increasing the chances for another three week "minor" injury, hence being significant.

However, I haven't been sold on the durability of them both and believe we will have a "decent" running game at best this year.

OK, I get the whole argument of 'Jackson got injured in college' and Mo is injury prone. Sure. It makes sense.

But here's where I beef:

1.) Mo was not injured from 'just making a cut'. That's what MM said he thought might have been the play. Anyone who knows anything about NFL coaches and reporting injuries, knows that they hate to give any details on extent or specifics of how it happened. They were in shorts, so................. no kneepads + light contact = potential for 'knee contusion', aka bruise on the knee.

2.) If you wanna talk about questionable, shaky, iffy-durability running backs being one of your concerns, please don't bring up Larry "416 carries" Johnson as a potential solution. The guy looks for contact every time he touches the ball. He is just begging for a season ender. Yeah, he was a stud last year. This year, watch out.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Overreaction amuses me.

And how many weeks was Mo on the inactive list last year because of injury... and in college he battled injuries... the boy is prone to injury so far. Why would that change now?

How many hooks did you have in that bait, heh?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To answer the orginal question. As of now LJ has been a no show for training camp. I have a good hunch he'll be a Chief this year though so don't bother getting your hopes up.

DoddPower

Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Jackson's good, yes, but hasn't proven he's durable AT ALL. Morency apparently suffered a minor injury . . . but from what?? A few hard cutbacks in training camp??

However, I haven't been sold on the durability of them both and believe we will have a "decent" running game at best this year.

OK, I get the whole argument of 'Jackson got injured in college' and Mo is injury prone. Sure. It makes sense.

But here's where I beef:

1.) Mo was not injured from 'just making a cut'. That's what MM said he thought might have been the play. Anyone who knows anything about NFL coaches and reporting injuries, knows that they hate to give any details on extent or specifics of how it happened. They were in shorts, so................. no kneepads + light contact = potential for 'knee contusion', aka bruise on the knee.

2.) If you wanna talk about questionable, shaky, iffy-durability running backs being one of your concerns, please don't bring up Larry "416 carries" Johnson as a potential solution. The guy looks for contact every time he touches the ball. He is just begging for a season ender. Yeah, he was a stud last year. This year, watch out.

I didn't mention L.J., although, I do believe it would be an upgrade. A good upgrade at that, and could still split plenty of carries with Jackson and/or Morency to give them a little more time to adjust.

HOWEVER, LJ had nothing to do with my argument. I'm sorry if I don't buy Morency or Jackson being incredibly dependable. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, but I see us seeking further running back assistance by the start of next season.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't mention L.J., although, I do believe it would be an upgrade. A good upgrade at that, and could still split plenty of carries with Jackson and/or Morency to give them a little more time to adjust.

HOWEVER, LJ had nothing to do with my argument. I'm sorry if I don't buy Morency or Jackson being incredibly dependable. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, but I see us seeking further running back assistance by the start of next season.

Well, this is an LJ thread, so forgive the assumption.

And really, it's what, day 4 of Training Camp? I'll wait till mid-preseasonish before I start worrying about anyone's dependability.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could lose Morency and Jackson to injury for the year and it isn't going to change the fact that Larry Johnson isn't going to be a Green Bay Packer. It just isn't going to happen.

If we experience injuries, we'll do what we always do. Sign people from Practice Squads.

DoddPower

Reaction score
hah, yeah, I forgot it was even a LJ tread. My bad!!

But yeah, I do agree that LJ will not be a packer. I'm a little disappointed, but I only wanted him at a cheap price that would never happen anyway.

And ok, I'll wait a little longer before starting to get worried. But hopefully things improve rather then digress . .

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see why this team can't go out and sign a Veteran back like Corey Dillon. I'd be much more comfortable going into this season with a RB corp of Dillon/Morency/Jackson than Morency/Jackson/(insert Herron, Pope, or Wynn here).

I mean we've got the cap space to bring a guy like Corey Dillon in for a year to help our young backs mature for a season, and considering this very well could be Brett's final year, it'd give him a halfway competent RB corp to make a push for the playoffs. I don't think it's asking the front office to much to do this.

Pack93z

Reaction score
I don't see why this team can't go out and sign a Veteran back like Corey Dillon. I'd be much more comfortable going into this season with a RB corp of Dillon/Morency/Jackson than Morency/Jackson/(insert Herron, Pope, or Wynn here).

I mean we've got the cap space to bring a guy like Corey Dillon in for a year to help our young backs mature for a season, and considering this very well could be Brett's final year, it'd give him a halfway competent RB corp to make a push for the playoffs. I don't think it's asking the front office to much to do this.

But Rain that is not growing from within on offense..... can't do:(

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Morency miss 2-3 games last year with a back injury? He got injured while backing up Green. None of us know if he will last the entire season. Due to his history, however, the safe money should be bet that he might miss a couple games.

Forget LJ. Anyone want Michael Turner for a 3rd round pick?

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I could see bringing in a guy like Dillon if the price was right.

I guess my concerns on the RB situation are a little different than most other people's. I think the guys we have will be able to run the ball alright, it's their blocking I'm the most concerned about.

Let's face it, we don't have the most mobile QB anymore and one of Green & Henderson's biggest strengths was their pass blocking. That is gone now, and if TC reports are correct, our RBs are struggling in this area. Let the young bucks run their legs off, I would like to see a veteran RB on the roster for his experience, veteran leadership and blocking abilities.

Packerfanforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DoddPower said:
tromadz said:

Overreaction amuses me.

Actually he was out for a few weeks last season.

Your lack of knowledge amuses me......

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DoddPower said:
tromadz said:

Overreaction amuses me.

Actually he was out for a few weeks last season.

Your lack of knowledge amuses me......

Ohhhh, he missed a couple weeks. That's it, cancel the season. lol.

He missed a couple weeks? So did Ahman, Driver, Jennings, and a buttload of good players. lol, good try though.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Ohhhh, he missed a couple weeks. That's it, cancel the season. lol.

He missed a couple weeks? So did Ahman, Driver, Jennings, and a buttload of good players. lol, good try though.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts