Just keeps getting worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessefly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When i first heard that favre was coming back i was excited. I later began to hear the rumors of getting Randy moss and i got even more excited. We improved so much last season and with moss and favre and all the prospects of the draft i honestly thought we would make the playoffs and go further than that. Now that we didnt get moss, our draft pretty much sucked (although i like James Jones), and now im hearing that favre asked for a trade! Where is this organization going??? i have a feeling its going to get worse. Any thoughts?

Oh yeah i pretty much hate TT now, anyone else?

Reaction score

Hate is a strong word.

I'm disappointed that Ted didn't seek to communicate with Brett when he knew Brett wanted Moss so much. Something to explain to Brett why Ted thought getting Moss wasn't the right thing to do.

As for the future of Ted as the GM, I'll continue to give him time. Any GM needs more than 2 years to get the players and things to a level he is comfortable with. Ted has made some stupid moves (Manuel), and some smart ones (Jennings, Woodson).

I just don't think I can say I hate Ted's job as GM based on two years at the moment. I like his direction, because I think rebuilding the depth of the team was a must. At some point though, you need to get special players to be at the top of the depth charts, and while we have some players who have shown flashes of being outstanding, we need more consistency.

So as of now, I don't mind the job Ted is doing in adding players. I just think he dropped the ball communicating with Brett to show him why he didn't get Moss, and the benefits of getting Jones and Clowney instead.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how many different posts about this are we going to have?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

well TT is doing something that Brett doesnt like(rebuilding) so....Brett pretty much hates him(or at least what hes doing)

so naturally the favre-firsters hate him now if they didn't already by not getting Marvin Harrison, TO, Moss, and Larry Johnson.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I learned back in the 70s and 80s may help you out a little bit in situations like this.

Just keep telling yourself that everyone else in the NFL is laughing with us, not at us.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about hating TT, and I certainly don't know if Favre really wanted a trade or other rumors...but damn it, i LOVE the Green Bay Packers.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we are totally done for!

can't wait for TC since the off season = panic uncontrolably...without fail.

seriously...every offseason, every board. it's like the plauge of idle hands or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.