Just How Good Does the Defense Need to Be?

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year Capers didn't have much to work with. This season he has no excuse. He's got the personnel and he's got the pass rushers this year.

But now when I watch today's game and see our defensive backfield do the same things they did last year, miss tackles, blown coverages, players not knowing assignments, it's gotta come back down to him. Not saying he should be fired just yet but I am definitely looking for more out of him.

And what an above poster said about Capers' defenses notoriously starting out good and getting worse is intriguing but I think that's how it goes for a lot of defensive coordinators not named Capers too.

Just because Ted drafted a bunch of defenders this year doesn't mean Capers has anything to work with.
I am in no way saying Capers is blameless but Ted loves to rely on rookies to get the job done while that worked in the super bowl run 2 years ago it certainly didn't work last year and so far(yes 1 game, its still early) this defence doesn't look any better than last years.

In the next few weeks we will have a better idea of what this defence will be capable of or how bad it is. Hopefully this D can become something adequate at least.

M

Mr Pickle

Ok, do ya think maybeeeee SF's defense watched some of Green Bay's offensive film? Do you think they knew exactlly how to confuse a one dementional offense? Once again Rodgers had it all on his shoulders.. Don't even get me started on how bad our defense played. Smith had allllll day to conduct his buisness of disecting that less than average 'Crapers' defense.... Where was Benson? Resting up for the Bears? We lose that game and it's gonna be a longggggggg season. C'mon all you Crapers lovers, defend the man the myth..... blame the players! Oh by the way, Serena Williams recieved a call from TT regarding replacing old overrated kept around because he's such a nice guy... AJ Hawk. C'mon sheep fans, stand up for the less than average middle linebacker.... That defense sucks! Period! Any addition we put out there has no impact on improving. Perry, HA, he's a joke. Fat, slow and a BAD pick!

billysofly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think we just need better corners .. tw seems like he is playing to soft and when is house coming back? the better the coverage is the more time the play will need to develop which means more time for the lbs and line to get a sack i think.......

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Ok, do ya think maybeeeee SF's defense watched some of Green Bay's offensive film? Do you think they knew exactlly how to confuse a one dementional offense? Once again Rodgers had it all on his shoulders.. Don't even get me started on how bad our defense played. Smith had allllll day to conduct his buisness of disecting that less than average 'Crapers' defense.... Where was Benson? Resting up for the Bears? We lose that game and it's gonna be a longggggggg season. C'mon all you Crapers lovers, defend the man the myth..... blame the players! Oh by the way, Serena Williams recieved a call from TT regarding replacing old overrated kept around because he's such a nice guy... AJ Hawk. C'mon sheep fans, stand up for the less than average middle linebacker.... That defense sucks! Period! Any addition we put out there has no impact on improving. Perry, HA, he's a joke. Fat, slow and a BAD pick!
Seriously. GO.AWAY. Stop trolling this forum. I'm sure there's a forum out there somewhere where you and your troll buddies can talk about how much TT MM and the entire 2009 coaching change sucked. You can dream of bringing Sherman and Favre back, of running the ball, of the glory days back in the 70's and 80's when the real Packers played. I for one am tired of your posting here. I looked at your posting history and you go back and forth siding with whatever you think will anger fans the most. Your attitude, not your "opinion" is what will get you banned. Please do not return. I am surprised the mods have tolerated you for as long as they have. I guess they find you funny. I tend more towards pathetic. You really think wasting your time in a forum yelling and insulting will do anything to change what is going on in the franchise? No, you know it won't, you just get your rocks off by being a :poop: . Go write your local congressman.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-the colts were ranked 23rd in points allowed and 21st in yards in 2006. they beat an elite D with an average QB.
-the giants in 2007 ranked 17th in points allowed in 2007.
-the 2008 cards came a whisker from winning ranked 28th in points allowed with an elite QB, only to lose to an elite QB with a top D.
-the 2009 saints were ranked 20th in points allowed and 25th in yards, while beating a team ranked 8th in points allowed.
-the 2011 giants ranked 25th in points allowed and 27th in yards allowed, beating a team ranked 15th in points allowed and 31st in yards.

So really we don't NEED to be playing exceptionally well during the regular season. But it'll help no doubt.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
-the colts were ranked 23rd in points allowed and 21st in yards in 2006. they beat an elite D with an average QB.
-the giants in 2007 ranked 17th in points allowed in 2007.
-the 2008 cards came a whisker from winning ranked 28th in points allowed with an elite QB, only to lose to an elite QB with a top D.
-the 2009 saints were ranked 20th in points allowed and 25th in yards, while beating a team ranked 8th in points allowed.
-the 2011 giants ranked 25th in points allowed and 27th in yards allowed, beating a team ranked 15th in points allowed and 31st in yards.

So really we don't NEED to be playing exceptionally well during the regular season. But it'll help no doubt.
Still need to play well enough to make the post, overall play should only improve, but I doubt it will be "game 2" good for a few more games. (FEED ME AFC!!!)

Members online

Latest posts