Just got Back from....

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Gozer was nicer I thought.

Ole Gozer the Gozerian has mellowed since his boss' defeat in the 80s eh? Don't trust him, he's just biding his time. Remember his words of doom:

"During the rectification of the Valdryni, the Destructor came as a large and moving TORG! Then, during the Third Reconciliation of the last of the McKentrick Supplicants they chose a new form for him...that of a giant SLOR! Many Vims and Suuls knew what it was like to roast in the pits of the Sabuliad that day I can tell you..."

OP
OP
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Ole Gozer the Gozerian has mellowed since his boss' defeat in the 80s eh? Don't trust him, he's just biding his time. Remember his words of doom:

"During the rectification of the Valdryni, the Destructor came as a large and moving TORG! Then, during the Third Reconciliation of the last of the McKentrick Supplicants they chose a new form for him...that of a giant SLOR! Many Vims and Suuls knew what it was like to roast in the pits of the Sabuliad that day I can tell you..."
have you taken your meds today ??? :D. Gozo, ya pillock !

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score

Oh S*** the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I kept asking him if he had one of those Super Bowl shirts. :D
He just didn't know the proper response. I would have said, "Yeah, I have a Packer Super Bowl shirt, I use it as a rag in the garage". ;)

I have come to learn through the years that you come back with the proper response it usually quiets people down. Growing up in Appleton surrounded by Packer fans, including 99% of my relatives I learned to give just as much grief as people give me. That works with all teams, not just the Packers. Although I have a tendency not to take things as personal as a lot of fans do. I always love it when people start calling me names. My standard response is. "I have been called worse by better people than you." For some it takes a while before they understand it. Works by the way for things other than football.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just didn't know the proper response. I would have said, "Yeah, I have a Packer Super Bowl shirt, I use it as a rag in the garage". ;)

I have come to learn through the years that you come back with the proper response it usually quiets people down. Growing up in Appleton surrounded by Packer fans, including 99% of my relatives I learned to give just as much grief as people give me. That works with all teams, not just the Packers. Although I have a tendency not to take things as personal as a lot of fans do. I always love it when people start calling me names. My standard response is. "I have been called worse by better people than you." For some it takes a while before they understand it. Works by the way for things other than football.

I hate the name calling as well. I've come to realize that everyone roots for someone and it isn't always the team I root for. They have their loyalties just like I have. So be it. You grew up in Appleton and became a Viking fan and I grew up in Virginia and became a Packer fan. How do you sort that out? That's the way it oddly works. We all need to keep it in good nature fun which I try to do until someone comes across as an *******. Then I bite back. I'm off to Russia in a few weeks wearing my Packer shirts. Hope the KGB has Packer fans. ;)

btw, that Viking fan was a good sport. :cool:

OP
OP
I

I hate the name calling as well. I've come to realize that everyone roots for someone and it isn't always the team I root for. They have their loyalties just like I have. So be it. You grew up in Appleton and became a Viking fan and I grew up in Virginia and became a Packer fan. How do you sort that out? That's the way it oddly works. We all need to keep it in good nature fun which I try to do until someone comes across as an *******. Then I bite back. I'm off to Russia in a few weeks wearing my Packer shirts. Hope the KGB has Packer fans. ;)

I always say its just a game at the end of the day. Good natured ribbing is fun, as long as people can shake hands at the end of it, its cool.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I always say its just a game at the end of the day. Good natured ribbing is fun, as long as people can shake hands at the end of it, its cool.
Key words. Good natured. A lot of times it is not. I belong to several boards and every once in a while some new fan will sign up and come at me with all barrels blazing. Usually I just wait a few days and the people I have been talking to for years will put him in his place. I had one guy on a Packer forum try to get me kicked off. He tried so hard, he got booted himself.

OP
OP
I

Key words. Good natured. A lot of times it is not. I belong to several boards and every once in a while some new fan will sign up and come at me with all barrels blazing. Usually I just wait a few days and the people I have been talking to for years will put him in his place. I had one guy on a Packer forum try to get me kicked off. He tried so hard, he got booted himself.
I`ve found myself a few times in heated discussion, not because I don`t agree with a person but because they feel that theirs is the ONLY opinion, and don`t respect MY right to an opinion too. If I`ve ever done it to you I apologise. I think part of the problem is there is no inflection in the written word, and things CAN get taken in the wrong way SOMETIMES, but not always. I joked about some 49er fans on the forum a while back which kinda blew up in my face, but I apologised to the publically and privately and I believe it was sorted. At the end of the day though it IS only a game, its not life or death.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

And never forget that if there weren't fans for the other teams, sports wouldn't be fun. Leagues wouldn't exist.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I`ve found myself a few times in heated discussion, not because I don`t agree with a person but because they feel that theirs is the ONLY opinion, and don`t respect MY right to an opinion too. If I`ve ever done it to you I apologise. I think part of the problem is there is no inflection in the written word, and things CAN get taken in the wrong way SOMETIMES, but not always. I joked about some 49er fans on the forum a while back which kinda blew up in my face, but I apologised to the publically and privately and I believe it was sorted. At the end of the day though it IS only a game, its not life or death.
I have had a couple come after me right after they join the boards as new members. We butt heads for a while and finally they agree we just have different opinions. Funny thing is, some of the guys I have butted heads with end up being the first ones backing me when some new punk.....I mean new Packer fan..... tries it. :)

Members online