Julius Peppers

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we need to take this guy if we can get him at a good rate, he can perform at a very high level when he gets his motor going. I really thing being next to kamp and KGB and picket he will be solid and a hug threat on passing downs. We should go for it. As far as him underperforming it's what the above post said that team overall played bad because it was unhealthy.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we're willing to go after Taylor I think we should definitely consider a younger, equivalent player.

Peppers is a game changer.

Our D has a lot of great guys, but no real game changers (Barnett, Woodson, and Kampman are close)

I would be willing to send Carolina our first for Peppers. We still have two second rounders.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he was so great, why did the crappy panthers get rid of him?

Lets go with what we got. They're good enough

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
If he was so great, why did the crappy panthers get rid of him?

Lets go with what we got. They're good enough

The Panthers are going a different route. They released Wahle, Foster, Morgan, and traded Jenkins. These are big-name guys.

There's even a few rumors that Steve Smith is on the trade block.

Before you continue to call the Panthers crappy, let's not forget that they were undefeated until Jake Delhomme got hurt. Then everything fell off.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to see where Peppers would fit in, as the Packers already have not just two, but three DE's with big contracts: Kampman, Cullen Jenkins, and KGB.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
It's hard to see where Peppers would fit in, as the Packers already have not just two, but three DE's with big contracts: Kampman, Cullen Jenkins, and KGB.

If KGB doesn't take a pay cut I'm fairly certain he'll get released.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Greg C. said:

We're pretty much breaking NFLPA rules with the amount of cap room we have since Brett's retirement. No matter how much KGB makes, cutting him is not an option right now.

Maybe a trade would be better.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't know any teams who would accept the cap hit he would bring along in a trade. i would say, in order for a trade to occur, he would first have to restructure. weird, i know. i don't think that will happen. i think we're going to keep him at his current salary.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Greg C. said:

We're pretty much breaking NFLPA rules with the amount of cap room we have since Brett's retirement. No matter how much KGB makes, cutting him is not an option right now.

Good thing Free Agency and the offseason lasts longer than 3 weeks.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say no about peppers. he is a physical specimen and had a couple great seasons. but something isnt right with the guy like Hammer said.

you can say its about his crappy team or whatever but i dont think and Hammer probally doesnt either, that it was that reason.

the guy disappears constantly, doesnt seem to have a drive or motor anymore, and cant keep weight on. and dropping weight when your already the lightest down lineman in the league is not good.

some people have speculated its a nagging injury.
some people suspect the butt flu.

i personally think he was on steroids, and the team found out and made sure he stopped, before the league tested him and embarrassed the team and himself. hence the sudden and continuing decline in play.

i say resign KGB to a cap friendly contract, then trade him and a 3rd rounder for Peppers and a 5th.
at least protect yourself from the possibilities of major screwup.... NO 1st rounders!!

or just keep KGB who outperfomed pep all last year anyway in a situational role.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they'll try to force KGB to take a cut. Yes, he's overpaid, but he was valuable last year. The team will wait for his performance to drop before doing anything.

Members online

Latest posts