Julius Peppers is doubtful

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Bad start for an upset.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10540872

Carolina Panthers defensive end Julius Peppers is doubtful for Saturday's game against the Dallas Cowboys with a sprained right knee.

Peppers missed his fourth straight practice Friday, and will likely be replaced by Stanley McClover or rookie Charles Johnson in the lineup against the Cowboys.

Peppers, who was injured in Sunday's victory over Seattle, has been held to three sacks and had his streak of three straight Pro Bowl selections snapped this week.

Safety Chris Harris returned to practice Saturday after missing Friday's workout with a sore hip and is listed as probable to play against Dallas.

Quarterback Vinny Testaverde (Achilles' tendon) also participated in Friday's walkthrough after a day off and is listed as probable. Testaverde will likely be the No. 2 quarterback behind Matt Moore, who will make his second straight start.

Also Friday, the Panthers placed wide receiver Keary Colbert on injured reserve with a knee injury sustained two weeks ago. Receiver Jason Carter was promoted from the practice squad to the 53-man roster.

The move could end Colbert's unproductive career with Carolina. A 2004 second-round pick, Colbert has only 75 catches in four seasons, and was replaced in the starting lineup midway through this season by Drew Carter. Colbert's contract expires at the end of the season

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts