JPP Says "“They can’t run the ball on us“ and we will win

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
... That was one of the keys to your success in winning your SB last year when Starks got rolling.

Really?

you are aware he averaged 3.8 in all 4 games? He only went off in the Philly game

11-52
22-74
25-66
23-123

Those were his stats

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really?

you are aware he averaged 3.8 in all 4 games? He only went off in the Philly game

11-52
22-74
25-66
23-123

Those were his stats

OK...so my use of the term rolling was incorrect. So he did pretty poorly against two good run defenses in Atlanta and Chicago (yet with Jackson you still rushed collectively for 120 against the Bears and 96 vs. Atlanta which proves my point regarding the importance of a run game in the post season) and he still averaged 4.7ypc against Pittsburgh.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the healthiest our DLine has been all year and you are seeing the results. Tuck was injured basically the entire season, no Osi for the majority of the season, no defensive gelling at all because of the constant swaps and injuries.

Not saying we are capable of shutting down your passing attack because Rodgers is an incredible passer, but we can definitely get to him easier than when we played weeks ago. Should be a great game.

Except we'll have Chad Clifton back, whom we didn't have last time we played each other.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys know the Giants finished 32 in the NFL in rushing, right?

The little known fact is Green Bay CAN run the ball. We choose not to.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...But you guys really do have no run game right now, and that's how you win in January. That was one of the keys to your success in winning your SB last year when Starks got rolling. Our run game is rolling right now. Atlanta had a top 5 rush defense. And I'm sorry but no one is scared of James Starks or Ryan Grant.

You don't have a run game either.

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers are quite clearly the better team and should win this game easily.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clearily we are not a running team but we will run enough. That's the way we and many other teams play in this modern era of throw the ball.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys sure are cocky. I guess I would be too if my team went 15-1. We get the Ballard call correct and we beat you. You guys lost to the Chiefs of all teams...I like our chances Sunday. You guys are clearly the better team so you should win right?

Yeah in the past 23 games we lost to the chiefs, you guys barely made the playoffs. What kind of smack are you trying to talk? It's clearly sub par

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
People keep saying that rushing is not necessary in today QB driven league. If so, why is it that 3 of the 4 teams that won this past weekend had rushing stats that put them in the top 6 of the league? Now, that being said, let's see what next week brings.

The Giants are almost as bad as the Packers at stopping the run. Let's just say they can't. 4.5 yards per carry is nothing to hang your hat on. The best way to beat the Packers is to keep Rodgers off the field. The best way to do that is pound the ball with a good running attack. In a shoot out, the Packers will win. In a battle of ball control, It's a toss up.

Unless they have the same magic pills the Packers D has that makes them do things in the playoffs they have not done all year. :)

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
People keep saying that rushing is not necessary in today QB driven league. If so, why is it that 3 of the 4 teams that won this past weekend had rushing stats that put them in the top 6 of the league? Now, that being said, let's see what next week brings.

The Giants are almost as bad as the Packers at stopping the run. Let's just say they can't. 4.5 yards per carry is nothing to hang your hat on. The best way to beat the Packers is to keep Rodgers off the field. The best way to do that is pound the ball with a good running attack. In a shoot out, the Packers will win. In a battle of ball control, It's a toss up.

Unless they have the same magic pills the Packers D has that makes them do things in the playoffs they have not done all year. :)

That's exactly what we heard the Steeler's philosophy was going into the Super Bowl. How did pounding the ball work for Atlanta against the Packers? How did pounding the ball work for Minnesota against the Packers? The Packers have faced strong running teams who also had good defense and did pretty well. But I understand a Vikings fan trying to dish all the dirt he can and hope above hope that the Packers lose.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The little known fact is Green Bay CAN run the ball. We choose not to.

I concur. Its not like Grant, Starks, and Saine are bad at running the ball, just we know passing is what we do best. After watching the Packers in the Rodgers era I have come to believe that comebacks are over rated, rather see my team defend their score than try to make it up.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't kid yourselves Giants. We took a 2 minute drill and cut it down to 58 seconds and 2 plays on your *** last time. We are not going to be the same team we were in the regular season. We'll be a hell of a lot better.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we talking about the same Giants team who barely won the joke NFC east division? These trolls need to ****. At least they won't be on this board after Sunday.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are a pass first team to set up the run. There is ZERO motivation for the Packer coaches to think any differently until teams start to stop that philosophy. It's hard to argue that after winning the championship and then following it up with a 15-1 season that you should all of a sudden switch to a more run-heavy offense.

It will be interesting to watch Eli in a shootout. I think that he's great 80% of the time, with the other 10% reserved for brilliance and the final 10% reserved for incompetence (the 6 INT type of performances). Rodgers incompetence percentage is between 0-1% so Eli will have to play his best to beat Rodgers in a shootout.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants: 1-3 vs playoff teams

Packers: 6-0 vs playoff teams

6-0 including a head-to-head win against your team at your house, and a win over a Saints team who plays a lot like GB and also beat your team. Go ahead and keep beating your chests all week long. This ain't the Cowboys or Jets you're coming to visit this weekend.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
That's exactly what we heard the Steeler's philosophy was going into the Super Bowl. How did pounding the ball work for Atlanta against the Packers? How did pounding the ball work for Minnesota against the Packers? The Packers have faced strong running teams who also had good defense and did pretty well. But I understand a Vikings fan trying to dish all the dirt he can and hope above hope that the Packers lose.
Well, in the first half of the Atlanta game it worked pretty well. And in the first MN game it worked pretty well. Atlanta gave up on running the ball in the second half. MN, well they kept running the ball. Sure Green Bay won, but it was the two interceptions that set up field goals that made the difference in the game. And the Vikings defense was anything but good this year.

I'll bet that 3 of the 4 teams that win this coming weekend will have better running games this weekend than the teams they beat. And it won't be garbage time, kill the clock yardage.

And I'll say it again, the way to beat the Packers is long sustained drives keeping the ball out of Rodgers hands. If you try to shoot it out with them the Packers will win. You have to limit how many time a game he gets the ball. If you play good ball control you have a chance. Didn't say they would win, but they would have a better chance. Very few teams can beat the Packers in a shoot out. The Giants are not one of them.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why is it that 3 of the 4 teams that won this past weekend had rushing stats that put them in the top 6 of the league?

I'll bet that 3 of the 4 teams that win this coming weekend will have better running games this weekend than the teams they beat. And it won't be garbage time, kill the clock yardage.

Why is it that all four teams that won this weekend also happened to be playing at home? See? I can play the "trend" game too.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
12 hours ago a Giants fan posted this..

Now another thread is created talking about it?

What is it about people making new threads with out checking?

Members online

Latest posts