Josh Sitton blasts the Lions - WOW

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you guys/gals seen this yet? Sitton of all people just slammed the Lions in the press. Wow. Here's an exerpt ...

“They go after quarterbacks, their entire defense takes cheap shots all the time,” Sitton said. “That’s what they do, that’s who they are. They’re a bunch of dirtbags or scumbags. I mean, that’s just how they play. That’s how they’re coached. That starts with their frickin’ coach. That starts with their head coach, Schwartz. He’s a ****, too. I wouldn’t want to play for him. It starts with him and their D-coordinator and their D-line coach. They’re all just scumbags and so are the D-line.”

Holy lord, wow. Here's the entire article from PFT ...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ons-are-scum-who-would-try-to-injure-rodgers/

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, he said what my thoughts are on the Lions. I am really surprised he actually went out and said that though. This will be interesting to hear what they have to say in response, making for an even more interesting Thanksgiving. Stay on your toes Flynn.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you guys/gals seen this yet? Sitton of all people just slammed the Lions in the press. Wow. Here's an exerpt ...

“They go after quarterbacks, their entire defense takes cheap shots all the time,” Sitton said. “That’s what they do, that’s who they are. They’re a bunch of dirtbags or scumbags. I mean, that’s just how they play. That’s how they’re coached. That starts with their frickin’ coach. That starts with their head coach, Schwartz. He’s a ****, too. I wouldn’t want to play for him. It starts with him and their D-coordinator and their D-line coach. They’re all just scumbags and so are the D-line.”

Holy lord, wow. Here's the entire article from PFT ...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ons-are-scum-who-would-try-to-injure-rodgers/

Yeah, LT posted a link to the radio interview over in the Shout Box.
As I mentioned over there, probably not a good idea to start Air-Run knowing this about the Lions.
I was wondering if PFT was going to pick this up. No need to wonder anymore.

I also find it interesting that the term "****" isn't censored.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not too smart to give the home team bulletin board material for their motivation. Go beat them on the field and you can talk later.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Well, Sitton gets the brunt of the dirtiness in the trenches. I am sure he has not only had dirty play come his wasy, but the added **** talking from them also has to get on your nerves as well over time. Maybe his fire and hatred for the Lions will spark the rest of the O-line to play like mad men. I can only hope. I cannot fault him for telling the truth and or speaking his mind.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If the Lions don't like it, sometimes the truth hurts.....oh well, clean up your act or deal with people calling you out on being cheap shot artists

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't doubt what Sitton said was true but it wasn't smart to say it.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just focus on blocking and winning the game...if anybody has played like dirtbag's it's been his buddy's on the o-line. They need to get their acts together and stop with the stupid penalties and protect whoever it is at QB.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with 13Times on this...

If anything it puts some focus on Suh and those guys to play a cleaner game and prove it to the world that they don't play dirty. IMO not a bad switch in strategy by Sitton.

Reaction score
And maybe calling them out will make the refs pay close attention to their tactics. I don't have a problem with Sitton calling them ***** because they are.

I like it! You call 'em like you see 'em! Very "cerebral" move to get inside their heads. We may not be undefeated or the 9-1 or 8-2 we should have or could have been, but we're on the fringe of getting AR back and NOW it's about time the team starts getting pi**ed off and restore the "swagger" entering this game, get behind Flynn and stop playing as if winning a game in the last few weeks seemed hopeless. We'll win with the "finess" approach over the "thug" mentality.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
It's hard to imagine that with the dirty play of players like Suh who are intent on injuring opposing QB's, I can't fathom why the Swartz, and the other knuckle head Detroit staff does not realize that their QB could be a target of retaliation, maybe because it has not happen is one reason Suh and others on his team continue to do it…..

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just focus on blocking and winning the game...if anybody has played like dirtbag's it's been his buddy's on the o-line. They need to get their acts together and stop with the stupid penalties and protect whoever it is at QB.
Wow. And I thought I was down on the team at times.
But never to this extent.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Sitton could be my favorite Packers player on the roster ... I wish he had just not spoken the truth so vehemently. Sometimes, it does no good to speak the truth with a bull horn. Poking the proverbial hornets nest just makes dumb athletes more determined ... not motivated ... determined. Even though Suh and Fairly come across as 'fluent' guys, they ARE still pretty stupid guys and Sitton yappin' away may make those stupid guys more determined (there's that word again -- determined!!)

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably wasn't the smartest thing to say before the game when you're team is going on 5 days of rest and the outcome of this game probably means the playoffs.

I don't think will fire up the Packers, but it probably will fire up the Kittens. not you Kitten :)

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
What a Tool. He gave Lions more materal to work with. Also Sitton dont talk the talk if you cant walk the walk.

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont have a problem with what Sitton said. He just said what everyone thinks, the Lions are dirtbags. Dirtbags that kicked our butts up and down the field all day. He was trying to give our team a spark, to get some fight out of them. Didnt happen. Where is the pride ?

Members online

Latest posts