Josh Sitton 6-yr Deal

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Fantastic! A young pro-bowl level OG with a nasty attitude will be a Packer for the foreseeable future.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Great job Ted, got it done before the season. Congrats to Josh, he's been underrated but this contract will let people know how good he is.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sitton is mean & nasty...just like my ex girlfriend. This just makes my day, great job TT & Josh!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Yay! Glad to hear, when I was doing the Lambeau tour he greeted our tour group and my wife was blocking him while he was making his way. But he is a great asset to the team and one of the few positive things about our o-line.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Sitton is mean & nasty...just like my ex girlfriend. This just makes my day, great job TT & Josh!

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...xtension/53c2107f-b27b-48ab-93f7-edca78690c3b

Glad to see we are locking up the pieces to stay successful for the future. Now if we see Jermichael stay healthy we can lock him up too.
Sitton is mean like my current GF... I think... Idk actually, I will have to ask her and get back to you all on that one.
If Finley keeps his mouth shut as well then Ted will be more inclined to keep him.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice work. Lock up all the important pieces while the price is right. I think what the above poster meant is that b/c Raji was drafted along the same time as Clay he'd feel they should both get contracts at the same time? I mean as important as Clay is, Raji isnt' that far behind.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
#71 was indeed the most important Packer up for free agency. Well deserved deal here. Love those great big fat guys.

I recognize that Finley gets a lot of love from the media and all and I don't deny that I'd love to keep the guy but truthfully, I don't see it happening - it'd be nice if I were wrong ...but ...

See, Finley just seems to be one of those guys. Talks a lot ... likes to use the word "I" a lot, I mean from his rookie year on. Given the amount of national media his injury received last year, I just have a feeling that some team is going to turn it into a bidding war based solely on the hype. His 'breakout' year was supposed to be last year and then he got hurt...so, in a contract year, he'll have his breakout year and will cash in somewhere else. In the many local interviews I've seen, he never impressed me as a "Green Bay" kind of guy...just my opinion and I've never met him personally...I just got the feeling that he had a hankerin' for the big bucks and the big city lights. Seriously, I don't see Finley in my crystal ball.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me neither, weeds. I've been saying it since we drafted him. We'll get half a season less out of him than his rookie contract is good for.

Members online

Latest posts