Jordy questionable for sunday?

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson will be held out of practice again on Friday, and won't test his hamstring until Saturday or Sunday.

The hamstring pull "sounds a little worse than first thought," says the Green Bay Press-Gazette. If he's not going to test the hamstring before the weekend, Nelson's best-case scenario is a game-time decision. We would have a hard time sitting one of fantasy's hottest receivers if he suits up, but Nelson will be dropped in our Week 8 rankings on Friday. If Nelson does sit out, Randall Cobb and James Jones are borderline WR1 options while Donald Driver and Jarrett Boykin pick up extra snaps. Oct 25 - 2:23 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4731/jordy-nelson

Didn't realize he was hurt. Could be the return of DD.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just tweaked it. Not sure what they will do with him Sunday but not too worried about it. Rodgers is still going to torch Jacksonville. Might be better to just sit him just in case.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping the emergence of Jarrett Boykin.
Another Packers name that either starts or ends with a J?
What's up with all these names with the letter J in them?
And who do we play?
The Jacksonville Jaguars.
Oh noes! It's a conspiracy.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll hope that the coaching and medical staff knows best, and knows Nelson's specific injury better than all of us. That said, if there is any potential to make it worse, I would rather sit Jordy against Jacksonville. Different story if we were playing the Giants or Bears.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is would be a blow. I'd advocate resting him and using Jones, Cobb, Driver, and Boykin. You kept Driver "just in case," well, "just in case" has happened. To have Jordy pop his hamstring in a game that we should win by 3 touchdowns would be foolish.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have very talented receivers, yes. Losing Jordy for the game would suck, yes. But, what we need to remember is that we have a quarterback that makes all of our receivers play better by throwing them open. Whoever steps up, Rodgers will help lift them.

MLB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is would be a blow. I'd advocate resting him and using Jones, Cobb, Driver, and Boykin. You kept Driver "just in case," well, "just in case" has happened. To have Jordy pop his hamstring in a game that we should win by 3 touchdowns would be foolish.
Yep!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep. Say hello to Boykin!!!

Let's say theoretically: What if Boykin does extremely well... Would that automatically end Jennings chances of coming back to Green Bay?

No, Jennings could sign a 1 yr deal and re enter FA the next year after putting up good numbers. It's a possibility but it depends how the rest of the season goes

Reaction score
No, Jennings could sign a 1 yr deal and re enter FA the next year after putting up good numbers. It's a possibility but it depends how the rest of the season goes
Personally, I don't think Jennings would like that. Unlike Finley who did that, Jennings is getting "old"

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope he comes back though.. I would give it a 50% if we make the Super Bowl

I actually don't agree with you on the Super Bowl. Jennings already has a ring, at this point in his career it is more about long term deals a guaranteed money. A chance at another Super Bowl ring (especially if he gets another one this year like you are saying) means nothing. If he remains injured and teams are afraid to give him big bucks and a long term deal, THEN he would take the one year deal with the Pack. Yes a super bowl might have something to do with the one year deal being signed but the bigger part would be trying to put up big numbers (whether the Packers win or lose) so he can get a long term deal with big bucks during the 2014 off season. He would be more likely to sign a one year deal with the Packers knowing that he has and can put up big numbers in their offense as opposed to the Redskins or Dolphins who are more of an unknown. Again this would only happen if teams do not offer him the big bucks during this off season.

Reaction score
I actually don't agree with you on the Super Bowl. Jennings already has a ring, at this point in his career it is more about long term deals a guaranteed money. A chance at another Super Bowl ring (especially if he gets another one this year like you are saying) means nothing. If he remains injured and teams are afraid to give him big bucks and a long term deal, THEN he would take the one year deal with the Pack. Yes a super bowl might have something to do with the one year deal being signed but the bigger part would be trying to put up big numbers (whether the Packers win or lose) so he can get a long term deal with big bucks during the 2014 off season. He would be more likely to sign a one year deal with the Packers knowing that he has and can put up big numbers in their offense as opposed to the Redskins or Dolphins who are more of an unknown. Again this would only happen if teams do not offer him the big bucks during this off season.
I disagree haha. After 2 superbowls, a dynasty would form. Jennings could make a lot more money off of ads, etc.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The following players have been declared as inactive for today’s Packers-Jaguars game at Lambeau Field.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Green Bay Packers

21 DB Charles Woodson
30 FB John Kuhn
37 CB Sam Shields
53 LB Nick Perry
85 WR Greg Jennings
87 WR Jordy Nelson

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Boykin has any real impact on Jennings sticking around after the season. Jennings probably wants top-5 money. He probably deserves it. If that is what the market will bear for his services, he's gone to whoever will throw the most money at him.

With him being injured, it's possible (likely) the market will be depressed. TT probably has a number in mind that he is willing to pay for Jennings. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll play out like that ala James Jones.

Assuming both Jennings and Driver are gone next year, we'd still have Jones, Nelson, and Cobb as the top three. That's pretty good. Boykin should make a huge improvement from year 1 -> 2 (though exactly what his ceiling is remains to be seen.) It's all but a given TT takes a receiver in the top 3 rounds and just like that, the position is restocked. Not quite as good top to bottom as this year and last year, but still quite good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts