Jordy Nelson

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Hard to argue. Only Sterling Sharpe's 94' season was probably better

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Football Outsiders not only made the case that he's had the best season since Hutson, they've made the case that he's had the single best season since 1992 (when they started measuring)

http://footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/final-2011-dvoa-ratings

Personal opinion? I think Nelson had a monstruous season, but he benefited a lot from the constant worry about Jennings and Finley. With both in the lineup, he has been singled out, and always against the #2 or #3 CB..

That's not to say he wasn't terrific, he has been incredibly consistant, and he has made some huge, huge catches. There've been plenty of players in this league that have faced similar situation and none of them have had the season Jordy has had. Another important aspect is that, with Jennings out, his production, outside of the KC game where the whole offense stalled, has not declined, even facing better opposition. And he just had a monstrous game without Rodgers, so it's not like the QB is making the receiver.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sterling was special, and Robert Brooks put up a helluva season as the #1 target.
But Jordyzzzz has been phenomenal, and I hope he keeps his home-TD streak alive to Indy.

OP
OP
Frozencheese

Frozencheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
15 td's - no pro bowl? I'm not saying its a travesty, all the WR's on the pro bowl roster deserve it, but 15 td's WOW.

OP
OP
Frozencheese

Frozencheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't think that he should be entirely out of the all-pro discussion for this season. Look at the numbers. It makes sense. Victor Cruz too.

I am sure his catch total might hurt him in some voters eyes. Make no sense to me, but just look at everyone's love affair with Wes Welker. I agree with Victor Cruz, he came out of NOWHERE. I think that Nelson ought to be on the pro bowl team instead of Fitzgerald or Smith for that matter.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think sterlings top 3 years were all more impressive...mainly because he had a horrible QB throwing him in the ball when he was triple covered every play.

;)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think sterlings top 3 years were all more impressive...mainly because he had a horrible QB throwing him in the ball when he was triple covered every play.

;)
Best WR I've ever seen (I didn't watch much Rice on his prime). Sterling was a bigger, stronger Greg Jennings. Just a monster that ran great routes, was a punishing blocker, won every ball thrown at him, was a terrific deep threat, all of this without being able to practice.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best WR I've ever seen (I didn't watch much Rice on his prime). Sterling was a bigger, stronger Greg Jennings. Just a monster that ran great routes, was a punishing blocker, won every ball thrown at him, was a terrific deep threat, all of this without being able to practice.

Yup, Sterling was something special. GREAT, GREAT WR.

12theTruth

Jordy has been amazing but its going to be hard to crack the Larry Fitzgerald/Calvin Johnson strangehold as the perennially best NFC wideouts.

I'm excited to see how explosive we are as Gurley will most likely be added to 53 man roster next season. Yowsers!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I like Jordy because he can flat...out... PLAY and doesn't grandstand. The guy is a farm boy which is a trait near and dear to my heart. If you can drive a tractor, bale hay and catch a post pattern, over your shoulder, in stride ... you're aces in my book.

Members online

Latest posts