Jordy Nelson

dieautobot

Success is commemorated, Failure merely remembered
Reaction score
haha, idiot or troll. nice. guess i'm not a sheep like you. one of the best WR games??? there was no one else lol. Rodgers would have thrown me a few balls had i been out on the feel. i love it. if rodgers went out there and threw as many interceptions as jordy dropped passes, you drones would be asking for blood. we can turn this intononsense and overly hyped band wagon riders, but GM dieAutobot would cut Nelson's butt for such a mediocre showing in the superbowl.

and yes, the packers on the moon would be awesome.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
haha, idiot or troll. nice. guess i'm not a sheep like you. one of the best WR games??? there was no one else lol. Rodgers would have thrown me a few balls had i been out on the feel. i love it. if rodgers went out there and threw as many interceptions as jordy dropped passes, you drones would be asking for blood. we can turn this intononsense and overly hyped band wagon riders, but GM dieAutobot would cut Nelson's butt for such a mediocre showing in the superbowl.

http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/2010mediaguide_records.pdf#page=160

Jordy 9 for 140 yards and 1 td

Ties most catches in a playoff game

3rd highest yardage by a wr in a playoff game

But yeah medicore

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score

You Mad?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh really?? check out this
STATS Hosted Solution

A Packer WR isn't on there until he's tied for 16 and he had the most drops. now you could make the argument that it's because they weren't thrown to as much as the guys above. However Jones is about 12% lower than Wes Welker at 57% to Welkers 69% but it's nearly identical to Drivers's and Much better than Mike Williams of the Bucs, Steve Smith of Car, Jerricho Cotchery of the Jets, and about the same as Brandon Marshall.

Jones and Nelson would be #1, #2 on ANY other team in the NFL.

FettPett-- McGinn has Nelson dropping 10 of 92 passes this season, but STATS has him dropping 4. I wonder how they come up with the numbers.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would you guys grade Nelson? I would give him a B for the SB. Call me a hater if you want but with 4 drops in the biggest game of his career I cant give him anything higher.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but if DD retires, I would be perfectly fine with Jordy as our number 2. I can only think he'll get better with more reps. James Jones is extremely talented, he could be a great number 1 receiver on a lot of teams, but his drops are the worst. I know Jordy dropped some bad ones, but it seems like JJ has at least one sure td drop a game.

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Finley back next year, we really don't need a number 2. Finley is 1/2 already with Jennings. Probably James Jones will be let go and Jordy along with Swain will fill in and number 3/4 along with DD. Couple of the drops that Jordy had in the SB were really tough catches and he did make up for it.

Another thing to note about Jordy is YAC's he is hard to get down and does fight for yards!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Jordy and Jones are putting about 6 hours per day in on the JUGS machine this offseason.

jerryricefumbled

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 1 Jones dropped in Philly would have blown the game wide open and crushed any momentum the Eagles had built up going into half. The 1 he dropped in the SB was key to answering the Steelers score and bringing the game back in our favor. And of course each would have went for 50+.

The few Jordy dropped in the SB were forgivable because he came right back in the next play and made a huge catch.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson is a good receiver and should only get better. He usually gets a lot of yards after the catch and is durable. I am not worried if DD retires, with our receiver corp.

Members online

Latest posts