Jordy Nelson

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
If this Super Bowl didn't do wonders for his confidence, I don't know what will. The guy dropped like 4 passes, and still had a monster game. He deserves to feel good about that, and he has the hands to be a solid WR in this league, he just needs to focus. He and JJ both.

jamie97520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, Jordy will always be a #3 receiver. DD will have another #2 year next year but as we all know A-Rod can make any receiver look good.

Calhoun Lambeau

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assuming James Jones is gone and Donald Driver comes back, it still doesn't matter to me where Nelson is 'ranked' on the WR depth chart. Next year we're going to be running a ton of 3-WR/1 TE sets. Driver and Nelson line up everywhere. In a lot of offenses there's a clear difference between a #2 and a #3, not much in Green Bay. I don't see Nelson's role changing much at all next year since Finley is going to get a ton of targets. It's not going to be much different than this year, James Jones out, Jermichael Finley in, all three WR's lining up outside right, outside left, slot right, slot left, it's just a mess trying to figure out what we'll do play to play.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the defining moment in the game for jordy was when he dropped the second down catch late in the game and then Aaron goes right back to him and he turns it into a big gain. Every receiver will drop balls. It's how they respond that I look at. He doesn't drop that many balls guys. He was on the biggest stage being asked to play the biggest role playing on an injured brusa sac. I know brusa sac is in the knee and not super serious. But it had to bother him. It can mess with your concentration. Bottom line is if Aaron trusts him enough to target him 14 times, then I sure as hell do to.

L

Lunchboxer

He was playing good he made up for a drop on a Key 3rd and 10.

Hes a Solid #3 Receiver. Once DD retires I think Nelson could be a great #2 Behind Jennings.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
--Ryan Clark, Pittsburgh S, on the Green Bay WR's:

“They’re good players. They’re basically all the same guy, except for Jordy Nelson is Caucasian."

Does this crack anyone up?
**** anyone off because a Caucasian couldn't even say such a thing?
Yup.

It's not racist to point out that it is unusual or different for a white guy to be a receiver in the NFL today.
It's just an observation that happens to be true.
And when one of us white folks points it out, then we are thought of as being a racist just because of that or nervous that we could be labeled as such?

Not everything said by whites towards blacks that may be thought of as disrespectful has to be thought of as being racist.
I think all this PC crap has made us to be so sensitive to things which are said are not true or are not the speakers intent.

Of course race doesn't have to come into the conversation at all with players but when I see a minority (Nelson) in a position with the majority of a different skin tone, I can't help but have thoughts of "Hey. That's different. And it's cool to see a white guy making catches and scoring TDs." Does that make me a racist? Especially since I also cheer on all the other receivers of the Packers?

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup.

It's not racist to point out that it is unusual or different for a white guy to be a receiver in the NFL today.
And when one of us white folks points it out, then we are thought of as being a racist just because of that or nervous that we could be labeled as such?

Not everything said by whites towards blacks that may be thought of as disrespectful has to be thought of as being racist.
I think all this PC crap has made us to be so sensitive to things which are said are not true or are not the speakers intent.

I like to point out that the guy who held the Career TD receptions that stood for nearly 50 years was held by a white guy...one that played for the Packers :D:happy0005:

petertosh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup.

Of course race doesn't have to come into the conversation at all with players but when I see a minority (Nelson) in a position with the majority of a different skin tone, I can't help but have thoughts of "Hey. That's different. And it's cool to see a white guy making catches and scoring TDs." Does that make me a racist? Especially since I also cheer on all the other receivers of the Packers?
I agree with this, but does anyone believe that if John Kuhn was not a white guy from Shippensburg, that he would be as big of a fan favorite?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with this, but does anyone believe that if John Kuhn was not a white guy from Shippensburg, that he would be as big of a fan favorite?
Probably.
But we loved William Henderson too, but he didn't have the catchy name Kooooooooooon, nor did he do as much as Koooooooon has down the stretch this year with the TDs.

BTW, Peyton Hillis is the answer to a question this year, first time since 1985-86.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I've been saying this since I came to this forum. Jordy Nelson is probably the 2nd best receiver on the Packers because of potential, he's bigger than all the others and I think he presents a matchup problem.
That being said, I've come to realize it doesn't matter what number receiver you are in this system. My big concern is that he has been the 3rd or 4th read for Rodgers, I think he'll be called on more next year which is exactly what I think the receiving corps needs.
All four receivers got over 40 receptions this year, I think Driver needs 44 to pass Lofton, he can get that from the 3rd or 4th spot. I expect we'll see more of Jordy Nelson this year. Bring back Finley and it will be a real difficult deal for opposing defenses to stop them all. Think about it, who's got that many good DBs on the defense?
One last thing, I think once Jordy is looked at more often, he'll get more favorable catches because it won't be after all the other reads are looked over. I think he'll be second in YAC after Jennings.
I sure do hope they keep Jones though, he might get his head together if he's "demoted" a bit and that guy can play.
Edit to include Quarless, he was more productive in his rookie year than Finley. Oh mannnnnnn, it's good to be a Packer fan these days.

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion, one/both could have GREAT futures if both clean up on the drops. Both are studs and can beat defenses often.

Packerstud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson and Jones are # 3 & 4 receivers, their play in the Super Bowl proves that they are 3-4.

They are good enough to be on the team but not #1s or 2s.

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
Jordy is a hell of a receiver, who doesnt drop passes?? cmon now...some of you are like sea saws back and forth on your opinion about a player. I bet next year he is big talk around the NFL. Keep him! We need to shape him up so hes ready for when DD retires...greg, nelson, james, and jermicheal, oh my! small names, BIG plays.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson and Jones are # 3 & 4 receivers, their play in the Super Bowl proves that they are 3-4.

They are good enough to be on the team but not #1s or 2s.

oh really?? check out this
STATS Hosted Solution
1 Wes Welker NE 13
2 Reggie Wayne Ind 12
3t Brandon Marshall Mia 11
3t Terrell Owens Cin 11
5 Miles Austin Dal 10
6 Pierre Garcon Ind 9
7t Danny Amendola StL 8
7t Brent Celek Phi 8
7t Jerricho Cotchery NYJ 8
7t Brandon Gibson StL 8
7t Fred Jackson Buf 8
7t Stevie Johnson Buf 8
7t Chad Ochocinco Cin 8
7t Brandon Pettigrew Det 8
7t Steve Smith Car 8

A Packer WR isn't on there until he's tied for 16 and he had the most drops. now you could make the argument that it's because they weren't thrown to as much as the guys above. However Jones is about 12% lower than Wes Welker at 57% to Welkers 69% but it's nearly identical to Drivers's and Much better than Mike Williams of the Bucs, Steve Smith of Car, Jerricho Cotchery of the Jets, and about the same as Brandon Marshall.

Jones and Nelson would be #1, #2 on ANY other team in the NFL.

dieautobot

Success is commemorated, Failure merely remembered
Reaction score
insanity...

every player drops balls??? that's funny. i agree that i don't care how they stack the WR lineups next year. all i know is that

Nelson dropped key passes...in the superbowl...the coverage wasn't even that hard in most situations. that's his job, catch the ball. He only scored one touchdown and does anyone remember how close the score was??? a couple of completions to a "WR" would have put the game in a better position for the pack.

some people are satisfied with barely squeaking by a superbowl victory. I'm more interested in the Packer franchise and the bigger picture. February 6 was awesome and somehow Jordy didn't ruin it for us, but come on. Fire him.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
insanity...

every player drops balls??? that's funny. i agree that i don't care how they stack the WR lineups next year. all i know is that

Nelson dropped key passes...in the superbowl...the coverage wasn't even that hard in most situations. that's his job, catch the ball. He only scored one touchdown and does anyone remember how close the score was??? a couple of completions to a "WR" would have put the game in a better position for the pack.

some people are satisfied with barely squeaking by a superbowl victory. I'm more interested in the Packer franchise and the bigger picture. February 6 was awesome and somehow Jordy didn't ruin it for us, but come on. Fire him.

So what will it take for you to be happy then? Do the Packers have to colonize Mars?

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
insanity...

this is asinine, he had one of the best games for a WR in GB Post season history and your sitting here saying dump him? either you're an idiot or a troll.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy is normally very reliable. He is one of the highest % caught for any player in the NFC and the highest for any NFC wide reciever (according to that website above). A-Rod went to him throughout the playoffs on key passing situations. It seemed like he would convert 3rd and longs all the time. He had one, I can't even say bad game, one game with a few bad spots. He more than made up for those bad spots in that game though, do people forget that part? How many other recievers can have a game like that with so many people bashing him? They won and he was a big part of the win look at it that way. He is a good locker-room guy with soooo much upside and almost always comes through. He should be the number 2 guy next year with his size route running ability and normally very reliable hands. People think jones has the worst hands in the league, I bet his hands are of the average ability in the league and his physical ability is way above average so once again I think he should be a big priorty for this offseason. Probably third biggest signing for this offseason behind jenkins and hawk, but these three are musts in my mind.

Members online

Latest posts