Jonathan Stewart please!

FiercePierce6

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As all of us know sadly, Ryan Grant is done. I'm a big fan of his and what he has done so far with us. And for the 6th round pick we gave up for him, he's been quite the steal...that said...this could be the chance for us to go get a guy like Jonathan Stewart to SOLIDIFY the run. We might have to give up a little more than most of us would like but Stewart ran for 1100 yards last year as a backup. Sure they platoon in Carolina, but Williams gets more touches...imagine Stewart getting 80% of the touches in GB. It'd be great, and out run game would improve. Just a thought.

p.s. I also realize Ted Thompson doesn't do stuff like this but you never know, I don't really feel comfortable with Brandon Jackson being out #1 guy the rest of the year. He's a great #2 but I don't see him being a lead back. :viksux:

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading for another featured back is unrealistic, and simply isn't going to happen. What infuriates me is that Thompson in his infinite wisdom decided to go with only two running backs, and keep three fullbacks on the roster! I will never understand the logic behind that decision.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading for another featured back is unrealistic, and simply isn't going to happen. What infuriates me is that Thompson in his infinite wisdom decided to go with only two running backs, and keep three fullbacks on the roster! I will never understand the logic behind that decision.
For what's worth, Grant had never missed a start, and the #2 RB had never carried for more than 75 times in a season.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd really really like to see stewart in the green and gold. then all bets would be off as to the best offense in the NFL.

what id like to know is are there any avenues that the public can use to email teddy? i mean we could totally start a campaign to lobby for stewart or someone...

honestly picking up nance is just saving face, they should have gotten willie parker.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I just read on the Green Bay Press Gazette that they signed some undrafted free agent rookie from the Falcons practice squad.Really?! He averaged 2.4 yards a carry during the preseason for the Falcons. I'm not too thrilled. Green Bay has the cap room and depth at other positions to make a decent trade. I'mm not talking about trading for a feature back, but there are some damn good backups on other teams.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
GB would be ***** to get a feature back off another team. Remember the Viking's Herschel walker trade. It would probably be as bad as that.

Nope, we gotta roll with what we got! It's B.Jack time.

Mko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jackson will do great as the #1 he really has improved since his rookie season.

Why trade away depth at other postions right now when we have until week 6 to make a move if we need to.

Grant is a good running back but he isn't the feature player in the offense so no need to trade for a feature back that won't be used that way in GB.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Unless you feel like mortgaging our entire draft next year, no shot. Ted doesn't generally like trading picks the way it is, I doubt he's giving a team a 1 and a 2 for Stewart.

Is there any reason Carolina would want to give him up anyways? They have the best 1/2 punch in the NFL. By a lot.

Frankly, DeAngelo Williams might be a tiny, tiny bit more realistic because I think he's a couple years older than Stewart. But still very, very unrealistic.

Reaction score

Its because we only use 2 running backs. Plus Kuhn can run the ball also

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am pretty sure TT wouldn't trade for a feature back either. Yet there are backups on other teams that could start just about anywhere else. I'm sure GB could get a good back without trading 1st or 2nd round picks.

randymoonsthepacks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope they stick with BJack, as I picked him up in all 3 of my fantasy leagues. Too bad Jacksons on the Packers, I loved him on the Huskers. Oh well. But as to the Stewart trade, I highly highly highly doubt the Panthers would part with either of their RBs. That is their only strength. They have QB issues and need those RBs to stay competitive.

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Indont think tt will make a move line this unless we start losing games because of no run game.

packerfan1441

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Jackson needs an opportunity to prove himself, he has the skill set to became a very good back. This is his shot that he's worked for, we don't need to go get a back and have problems next year when Grant comes back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts