Jolly / Franks?

Reaction score
Jolly is up in the air, McCarthy has said he still hasn't ruled out placing Jolly on IR. So because of that I'd guess that Jolly is out at least the next couple of weeks. I recall reading that Jolly had further tests done a week or so ago.

As for Franks, Wisconsin State Journal reported that McCarthy stopped short of calling Franks setback a "major" setback, but acknowledged Franks' knee "didn't feel very good." http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/packers/259071

So I'd say no news is good news with Franks, and he might have a shot to play against the Rams, and if he doesn't then the Bears game (IMO) is when we will see him return.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it will be good to see Franks back. I hate Jolly is out for the season.

Yeah losing Jolly sucks. I guess we will see more of the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE now.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Damn. That loss hurts.

I'm guessing we'll be seeing more of Jenkins at DT now.

Jenks doesn't play DT except on passing downs. Harrell took a lot of snaps as the 3rd DT against the Raiders. He was very solid.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats too bad Jolly is out for the year. And I'm starting to lose hope with Franks too. It started out as a "2 week" injury. Since then, every week its, "we're shooting for next week." I'll believe it when I see it.

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, losing Jolly is a big blow. The D-line is just not the same with out him.

We need Bubba back in it. He has really had a rebound season up untill the point he got injured. Good thing MM and TT kept with him and gave him a 2nd chance. Let's just hope he is still a threat when and if he get's back.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even when Franks comes back..I dont see how that is going to have any kind of effect on our offense. How do you guys think he is going to change anything for our offense? Besides adding depth..

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even when Franks comes back..I dont see how that is going to have any kind of effect on our offense. How do you guys think he is going to change anything for our offense? Besides adding depth..

Put it like this: I'd rather have him than not having him...

And it opens up for some 2 TE formations.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone what the name of the formation where Bubba would in the backfield then his route is just a 10 yard curl up the middle, we were using it alot when we had no run game and when Bubba was healthy, aint seen it much lately.

Also the formation where we have 2 FB's in a wishbone style set?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, here we were saying we have plenty of depth in the DT position. Next time anyone says that, be sure to write "KNOCK ON WOOD" really big besides it.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, here we were saying we have plenty of depth in the DT position. Next time anyone says that, be sure to write "KNOCK ON WOOD" really big besides it.

well we do.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looked like Bubba was starting to turn it around a bit this year after the past couple of bad seasons he was having before he got hurt. We've barely heard a peep out of Ryan Krause other than some run-blocking, so if having Bubba out there opens up Lee and the TEs a bit more, I'm all for getting him back.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looked like Bubba was starting to turn it around a bit this year after the past couple of bad seasons he was having before he got hurt. We've barely heard a peep out of Ryan Krause other than some run-blocking, so if having Bubba out there opens up Lee and the TEs a bit more, I'm all for getting him back.
I agee RainX.....Bubba was looking like the Bubba of old at the beginning of the year. He seemed to really be trying his best. I think him being back will help ALOT.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts