Johnny Jolly

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I think he might actually have a legit chance at winning CPOY if he can stay healthy. RG3 will probably end up wining it though
Don't see how RG3 should even qualify. He didn't miss a game IIRC. You should need to have actually been out not just playing hurt IMHO.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Do any of you guys think the Vikings wouldn't have torn up the D with so many big runs if Jolly had been in yesterday?

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
more than 30 but less than than the combined him and gerhart got. remember we only had what 3 interior lineman maybe. also datone was playing linebacker for some snaps. whether or not he practiced i dont know but that just shows you if you arent in the packers infermary room, your playing somewhere. really if davon house got hurt yesterday (too bad he didnt) they may have tried to put jones or neal in at corner.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
more than 30 but less than than the combined him and gerhart got. remember we only had what 3 interior lineman maybe. also datone was playing linebacker for some snaps. whether or not he practiced i dont know but that just shows you if you arent in the packers infermary room, your playing somewhere. really if davon house got hurt yesterday (too bad he didnt) they may have tried to put jones or neal in at corner.

I meant 1st game, I think AP was under 30 yards

He got 60 yards that 1st game

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jolly missing, defense affected by Rodgers injury, and on it goes. :rolleyes: Sooner or later we will find the real culprit. :confused:
There is rarely just one thing wrong. Yes, Capers doesn't seem to be making us better, but you have to think that Jolly's absence is a negative for our defensive performance. Right?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is rarely just one thing wrong. Yes, Capers doesn't seem to be making us better, but you have to think that Jolly's absence is a negative for our defensive performance. Right?
All I'm saying is that some are looking for everything else and not getting to the crux of the matter. All teams lose players. Lets not hang on to each and every instance as an excuse for poor defensive play.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
All I'm saying is that some are looking for everything else and not getting to the crux of the matter. All teams lose players. Lets not hang on to each and every instance as an excuse.

Up till he went down, our def was top 5 in run def that was a fact..We shut down good rb till then..

Rodgers goes down, which makes our offense not have long drives...

In turn our defense cant keep going on the field all the time, they do get tired...They shouldnt be tired, but they are.I believe they dont have the rotation that they had in 2010...that is why the 4th q is an issue..

It was an issue before but now even more so..

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Up till he went down, our def was top 5 in run def that was a fact..We shut down good rb till then..

Rodgers goes down, which makes our offense not have long drives...

In turn our defense cant keep going on the field all the time, they do get tired...They shouldnt be tired, but they are.I believe they dont have the rotation that they had in 2010...that is why the 4th q is an issue..

It was an issue before but now even more so..
The offense has been blamed in the past for our poor defensive play. Check out some of the posts in the Fire Capers thread. As far as I know we weren't missing any guys for any significant time on the DL rotation until last week. The guys just aren't getting the job done.

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I'm saying is that some are looking for everything else and not getting to the crux of the matter. All teams lose players. Lets not hang on to each and every instance as an excuse for poor defensive play.

All teams lose their best coverage corner for basically the season, lose their best defensive player for three games and then he comes back with one hand, lose their second best corner for a couple games. lose their only functional safety for the first three games and then have Jarrett Bush put on his uniform for the rest of the year, lose their second best pass rushing linebacker for most of the year and lose a few backups at linebacker as well? Oh, and they also have their first round dlineman get injured in preseason and get basically no time to develop and their second round dlineman from the prior year miss the entire season with a torn ACL and their second round pick fom the year before that is so injury prone at DE that they have to move him to OLB. Huh, I'll have to check out the other teams' depth charts more closely because I certainly have missed all that.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All teams lose their best coverage corner for basically the season, lose their best defensive player for three games and then he comes back with one hand, lose their second best corner for a couple games. lose their only functional safety for the first three games and then have Jarrett Bush put on his uniform for the rest of the year, lose their second best pass rushing linebacker for most of the year and lose a few backups at linebacker as well? Oh, and they also have their first round dlineman get injured in preseason and get basically no time to develop and their second round dlineman from the prior year miss the entire season with a torn ACL and their second round pick fom the year before that is so injury prone at DE that they have to move him to OLB. Huh, I'll have to check out the other teams' depth charts more closely because I certainly have missed all that.
ummm, I think we were discussing the defensive line.:oops: Worthy is the only guy I see that has been missing that would have been helpful (perhaps) against the run and he was missing before and after Rodgers went down.

Last edited:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I think we were discussing the defensive line.:oops: Worthy is the only guy I see that has been missing that would have been helpful (perhaps) against the run and he was missing before and after Rodgers went down.

I don't know man.... I remember watching worthy and thinking to myself " damn, he looks more lost than an old man with alzheimers feeding the imaginary ducks at a park"

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
At this point, I would be willing to pull some fat drunk "big body" out of the stands and see what he can do.....can't be any worse.

Bring back the Gravedigger! Just let him set down on the ground eating a Gilbert Burger in the center of the line. That oughter plug up a couple of spots at once! :laugh:

H

HardRightEdge

Spofford is reporting that Jolly may be done for the year.

"The Packers defense will be down a key player for what appears to be the rest of the season. Tests on defensive end Johnny Jolly’s shoulder and neck revealed a 'significant injury,' McCarthy said, so Jolly has been ruled out for this week and almost certainly longer."

Next man up...Josh Boyd. He took about 30 snaps last week and looked pretty decent.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Aaron-Rodgers-has-‘a-good-sense’-of-Friday’s-answer/194ae0b5-3fac-4147-80f6-9b214f52f893

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disappointing, but still a great and memorable comeback year for him.

Boyd needs to step up, but so do guys like Worthy and Wilson. Daniels already has. He might be the most underrated Packer. 6.5 sacks from a part-time 3-4 DE?

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious about how well you all think he will hold up through a possible 19-20 game season. Our D-line depth is surely helping keep his legs fresh, yet I still wonder when and if those legs are going to feel their age. I think it will be difficult for him to maintain his edge through the playoffs.

I hope that I am wrong.
I think that I was wrong in terms of conditioning. I kept waiting for him to wear down but it didn't happen. That dude is all heart. I guess that's what a few years in prison can do to a man.

Unfortunately what didn't hold up was his body from injuries. It doesn't sound like they will hold out hope for Jolly to return in the playoffs, but maybe putting him on IR opens up a spot for Cobb on the active roster.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts