Johnny Jolly

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is he allowed to be with the team or does he have to stay away? I hope hes not sitting at home putting on 50lbs. Jolly is my favorite d linemen and I would hate for him to not return next year. can you imagine Jolly, Picket, jinkins, BJ, greene next year!!!! Also mike neal was looking good before he went down.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
honestly, I think Jolly would be great to have, b/c Pickett is getting up there in age...but if CJ Wilson & Mike Neal continue to develop, I don't think I would care what happens to Jolly...I also hope Greene stays, he is a beast

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Since he is suspended for a year, that means NO contact with the team, can't even go to the games and sit in the stand I believe technically. He can't enter the Packers offices, or training facilities. Besides we released him so he wouldn't have access anyway now.

Yeah, he either is keeping in shape (somehow I doubt it) or eating donuts and guzzling purple drank.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Since he is suspended for a year, that means NO contact with the team, can't even go to the games and sit in the stand I believe technically. He can't enter the Packers offices, or training facilities. Besides we released him so he wouldn't have access anyway now.

Yeah, he either is keeping in shape (somehow I doubt it) or eating donuts and guzzling purple drank.
Packers did not release him. Just look at the NFL.com site. It says SUS on the roster. If he had been released he would not be there.

Green Bay Packers Roster at NFL.com

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Hmm, could have sworn I read TT released him. Ok, I see where my mind played a trick on me. Packers released a statement, somehow when I read in months ago I read it as released him, dunno why. Old age?

Statement they released at the time of his suspension.

“Johnny is a good player that loves everything about the game of football. We appreciate the contributions he has made to the Packers the past four seasons. His focus and priorities now lie elsewhere – our thoughts are with him during this difficult personal time.”

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We didn't release him yet, but I'm willing to bet we do. Ted's not one for keeping troubled players around, and I'm pretty sure that's he's partly why we picked up Neal and Wilson.

BTW, anyone have an update on his trial? It's been delayed so much I stopped paying attention.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lost track of Jolly with all the other injury stuff that went down. I hope he is doing well and using this time to get himself better regardless of whether he comes back to the Packers or not. I would think T.T. is paying close attention to his progress to evaluate his situation. Or he may be singing this holiday, "Oh by gosh by golly, Johnny is not so Jolly." :(

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He posted this pic on FB 11/17....hard to tell if he's still in shape though lol

Attachments

• jolly.jpg
    jolly.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 151

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
OH that is hilarious! Looks like he might of been at an airport between flights or something?!?! weird!

I'll miss sreaming 'JOOOOLLLAAY!!!" * in the crazy a** way Whitney Houston would scream "BOBBBAAAY"

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
He had the amazing interception last year that I don't think I will forget and I hope he can come back for the Pack and do it again.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didnt Jolly pretty much blow a game by headbutting someone?

Yeah, that was the Vikings game of all games... Defense had just come up with a HUGE stop and there's Jolly, headbutting someone RIGHT in front of the ref...

I had forgotten about that until you mentioned it. Forgot how close I was to throwing my remote thru my T.V.

OP
OP
gatorpack

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he was on a 1 yr contract, does that expire or is it moved to next season?
I think it carrys over. Jolly was our best lineman last year. He is very underrated if you ask me. I thought this was going to be the year he got noticed but he needs to clean up his act or he will end up a "never was"

Members online

Latest posts