Johnny Jolly faces up to 20 years on drug charg

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There goes Jolly's pro career.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After reading that and knowing that Jolly will probably get a decent attorney, I doubt he'll get an intent to distribute. That said, he'll probably still see some kind of jail time plus probation/community service.

Having cups of the drug ready for consumption in the parking lot of a known drug haven qualifies as intent to distribute. Whether or not a jury of his peers buys that (pun intended) remains to be seen. It won't get that far though. He'll take a plea & do the minimum.

Goodell won't be as merciful though. Once all the facts are made public Goodell will make an example of Jolly. The Packers don't need drug dealers on their payroll. It'll be interesting to see how the organization handles this so close to the start of TC. It's not going to look good having Jolly making the wrong kind of headlines this time of year. GB may just cut him to avoid the embarrassment.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
djcubez said:
After reading that and knowing that Jolly will probably get a decent attorney, I doubt he'll get an intent to distribute. That said, he'll probably still see some kind of jail time plus probation/community service.

Having cups of the drug ready for consumption in the parking lot of a known drug haven qualifies as intent to distribute. Whether or not a jury of his peers buys that (pun intended) remains to be seen. It won't get that far though. He'll take a plea & do the minimum.

Goodell won't be as merciful though. Once all the facts are made public Goodell will make an example of Jolly. The Packers don't need drug dealers on their payroll. It'll be interesting to see how the organization handles this so close to the start of TC. It's not going to look good having Jolly making the wrong kind of headlines this time of year. GB may just cut him to avoid the embarrassment.

Jolly's career in the NFL is probably over.

The timing for this for us as a team is very bad. We used to be deep at DT. Harrell's injured and Corey Williams, who I really liked, is gone.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jolly was playing really good before he got injured, wtf is wrong with him, he was on his way to becoming a very good DT in the NFL making millions of dollars and he has to start selling drugs for pocket money? WTF?! How stupid can you be?

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was thinking the exact opposite. Having cups ready for consumption indicates they were drinking them in his car. Intent to consume.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok slow the roll on the amount folks 200 grams is like 1/2 pound. It was cough syrup. Granted perscription grade but cough medicine none the less. so in fluid ounces probly pretty large but not huge. Was he sick recently. May have been and had the refills. Went to mutible locations to get it filled then Party time. Bad news is pharmacies noadays can track junk like that.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There goes Jolly's pro career.

Time for TT to find another "Packer People" to replace this lump of expletive

Packers are one injury away from having a bad defensive line.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok slow the roll on the amount folks 200 grams is like 1/2 pound. It was cough syrup. Granted perscription grade but cough medicine none the less. so in fluid ounces probly pretty large but not huge. Was he sick recently. May have been and had the refills. Went to mutible locations to get it filled then Party time. Bad news is pharmacies noadays can track junk like that.

1 milliliter(mL) = 1000 milligrams(mg) or 1 gram

Roughly 10 mg of codeine are found in 5 mL of cough syrup

So it takes 500 mL of cough syrup to produce 1 gram of codeine.

1000 mL = 1 Liter so one Liter contains 2 grams of codeine.

Does that mean Jolly had 100 Liters of cough syrup in his possession? If so, then yes, he will definitely be charged with intent to distribute.

Why did they not say 200mL of codeine in the arrest report? It's a liquid after all & usually solids are measured in grams. Did he have tablets of codeine in his possession?

A single dose of codeine in tablet form is about 60mg.

Did Jolly actually have 200g of codeine tablets in his possession or 3,333 individual doses? If so, then yes, he will definitely be charged with intent to distribute.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:

1 milliliter(mL) = 1000 milligrams(mg) or 1 gram

Roughly 10 mg of codeine are found in 5 mL of cough syrup

So it takes 500 mL of cough syrup to produce 1 gram of codeine.

1000 mL = 1 Liter so one Liter contains 2 grams of codeine.

Does that mean Jolly had 100 Liters of cough syrup in his possession? If so, then yes, he will definitely be charged with intent to distribute.

Why did they not say 200mL of codeine in the arrest report? It's a liquid after all & usually solids are measured in grams. Did he have tablets of codeine in his possession?

A single dose of codeine in tablet form is about 60mg.

Did Jolly actually have 200g of codeine tablets in his possession or 3,333 individual doses? If so, then yes, he will definitely be charged with intent to distribute.

Isnt that like 50 2Liters of the stuff? Damn he must have been really sick. Or maybe since he's so big, he needs more than a normal person. Sounds good right?

Message to Johhny :bye: Nice knowing you. Dont drop the soap

boiga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wife is a pharmacist and I asked her about how much codeine this actually is.

According to her, the maximum medical dosage for codeine is 1 g per 24 hours. This would only apply to those who are in severe pain but whose tolerance to opiates has rendered smaller dosages ineffective.

This level of codeine would only be allowed for a day or two because of the risk of addiction is so high. If that much codeine still had no effect, they'd switch to morphine, but only in terminal patients. Codeine can be distributed in both pills and solution.

So, it's not exactly likely that he was carrying this around in 2 liters of cough syrup. The other question, though, is whether he'd built up tolerance during his injuries over the last year. In any case, given the injuries he can probably argue that it was for his own consumption.

Still opiates are nastily addictive. No matter what happens, the Packers are going to have to get him in Rehab.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
Purple Drank is sizzurp. Does that clear things up? ;)

No. :lol:

johnny_blood said:
It's a party drink that usually contains codeine and promethazine. It was first made really popular in the Texas/southern hip-hop scene. Jolly is from Texas.

Sounds like whammy! I can see a guy getting pulled over for driving the wrong way on the thruway. The driver says, "I'm telling you occifer! I only had ONE drink at the club".
The officer says, "and what did you have?"
The driver says "a sizzup"
"Never heard of it. Be on your way, and try to drive more carefully, okay?"

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet Favre would have been arrested too if the police caught him with his supply of painkillers..

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[video width=425 height=344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZRAuRX9Ie0[/video]

damnit someone make that work.

[flash width=450 height=400]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/EZRAuRX9Ie0.swf[/flash]

Sunny D! YEAAAAAH!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
Purple Drank is sizzurp. Does that clear things up? ;)

No. :lol:

johnny_blood said:
It's a party drink that usually contains codeine and promethazine. It was first made really popular in the Texas/southern hip-hop scene. Jolly is from Texas.

Sounds like whammy! I can see a guy getting pulled over for driving the wrong way on the thruway. The driver says, "I'm telling you occifer! I only had ONE drink at the club".
The officer says, "and what did you have?"
The driver says "a sizzup"
"Never heard of it. Be on your way, and try to drive more carefully, okay?"

:rotflmao:

Elle - THAT was funny.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't really know that the 200g amount is accurate. That could be the total amount of liquid in the cups, which didn't contain 100% codeine. It could've been codeine-promethazine syrup plus a mixer for all we know.

So it's possible this will end up much better than it looked initially. Possible.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we need to know the facts before we can say anything in this case.

Jolly has had a lot of injury problems and might be addicted to painkillers like Favre was. In that case we need to support Jolly and help him get clean like we did with Favre. Send him to rehab to help him solve his problem.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we need to know the facts before we can say anything in this case.

Jolly has had a lot of injury problems and might be addicted to painkillers like Favre was. In that case we need to support Jolly and help him get clean like we did with Favre. Send him to rehab to help him solve his problem.

The big difference is Brett did it to himself. Alone. He wasn't stting outside a strip club at 1 AM with 4 of his 20 something buddies. radio blaring away. unregistered gun on the floor. etc.
Jolly does need help but since he did not come forth on his own the law and the NFL will be a whole lot tougher on him.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
[video width=425 height=344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZRAuRX9Ie0[/video]

damnit someone make that work.

[flash width=450 height=400]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/EZRAuRX9Ie0.swf[/flash]

Sunny D! YEAAAAAH!

If I would have seen this clip before this thread was set up; being middle aged, middle class, middle west white guy; I would have had no idea what the heck he ws talking about. Purple drink? What's the big deal about grape juice? 8)

Members online

Latest posts