Joel Hilgenberg resigns

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers announce assistant OL coach Joel Hilgenberg has resigned.

Don't like that at all, as I think the line improved since he artived in Green Bay.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he could have worked his way up to being our main OL coach in a couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Welp, our OL is going to suck again.
You’re kidding, right? If not, please let us know the contributions Hilgenberg made.

I completely understand why someone who is financially secure, like Greene and (I assume) Hilgenberg, stops being an assistant coach. The hours are incredibly long and unless they see a relatively quick ascension up the ladder to be a coordinator and HC, that’s a huge time commitment for someone who doesn’t have to work at all.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You’re kidding, right? If not, please let us know the contributions Hilgenberg made.

I completely understand why someone who is financially secure, like Greene and (I assume) Hilgenberg, stops being an assistant coach. The hours are incredibly long and unless they see a relatively quick ascension up the ladder to be a coordinator and HC, that’s a huge time commitment for someone who doesn’t have to work at all.
You don't do that line of work for the money. You have to absolutely love the game and the whole 'team' thing. Nobody here, I assume, has any idea about Higenberg and how helpful/effective he is. I hope Campen is improving as a coach, the line play has gotten better. Who knows, though, if that was Hilgenberg's affect or Campen's. Gotta trust MM is much more in tune with what is best for the team.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's bothersome that 2 respected former players and good coaches have abruptly resigned "to spend more time with family". If the reason is true, no problem. But if the real reason is due to bickering among the coaching staff its a problem, a big problem.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Timing of Greene you can understand. This one is puzzling. Couple of weeks before the draft and training camp around the corner.

I guess, more to follow.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timing of Greene you can understand. This one is puzzling. Couple of weeks before the draft and training camp around the corner.

I guess, more to follow.

You never know when a wife may get a bug up her butt.

Could be famy issues just happen to have arisen now.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Actually, while I do think Hilg made a difference, this is probably a vote of confidence in Tretter if face value means nothing. We promoted Hilg, a former C, to OL Asst right after Wells left.

Pretty sure he was being facetious
Pretty much, its not like players all of a sudden forget everything they've been taught (barring John Sullivan)

Members online

Latest posts