Joe Webb?!!?

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reports are that Joe Webb may start. Though Mr. Steele played through a similar injury in college, the reports are indicating that Webb is ready to play if needed.

How does this impact the game? Frankly, I am concerned a bit. He's a dangerous and different weapon than Mr. Steele. It's not Steele was prolific in the passing game. Because of that, the fall-off might not be much in that dept. But he certainly brings an added dimension with his athleticism. Plus, and perhaps most importantly, there's little film on him - none this year. How ready would the Pack be if Webb starts? It reminds of the regular season Philly game a few years ago when we knocked Kolb out and Vick came in. We were dominating the game, but weren't ready for Vick and he almost led them all the way back.

Hopefully Steele plays the whole game b/c there is no way he repeats last week's performance and I like our chances then.

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember when Webb started against Philly. Everybody underestimated him, then he kicked the Eagles' butt.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if the idea of this ever came up during practice since Ponder has been questionable all week.

SoDakPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds to me as though Ponder should have been listed as doubtful rather than questionable. Had he been correctly listed the Packers could have focused more on possibly having to stop Webb. This makes me mad to be honest.

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds to me as though Ponder should have been listed as doubtful rather than questionable. Had he been correctly listed the Packers could have focused more on possibly having to stop Webb. This makes me mad to be honest.

I don't get that, though. This happens all the time in sports whether it is people surprisingly starting or surprisingly sitting. Just a strategy.

Reaction score
You know how this is shaping up...
"Oh wow - here's this scrappy little QB that can!"
"Oh Boy - a Story we've got going here!"

....all at our expense. :tdown:
There's two ways our seasons can end - A Superbowl Win or a just a sickening heart breaking loss (4th & 26/Eli 07/etc.) ... I suppose we've got it better than most fans, 2 great QBs - consistent Superbowl contender - etc.
I hope we get on a Superbowl Run.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
A mixed bags of tricks. Our defense probably prepared for Ponder. Webb is pretty decent but hasn't thrown a pass this season. This could be a very interesting situation. I would like to see the Packers beat the Vikings on equal strength.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hard to know without more information, though the skeptic in me certainly has questions.

I don't get that, though. This happens all the time in sports whether it is people surprisingly starting or surprisingly sitting. Just a strategy.

Injury reports developed as a way to curb shenanigans between players and gamblers. The idea was that disclosing who would play (or the likelihood of banged up players to go) would enhance transparency and discourage gamblers from paying players under the table to feign injury in order to influence the outcome of a game.

Using the injury report to screen or conceal an expected starter is not an acceptable "strategy."

H

HardRightEdge

Webb's nickname: "The Bye"

Man, that was a bad performance from Webb. Good energy from the D, though.

Members online

Latest posts