Joe Webb ready to play wide receiver in Minnesota

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Joe Webb played both quarterback and wide receiver at Alabama-Birmingham, but he knows the Minnesota Vikings drafted him today to play receiver, and he's fine with that."It's based on what the coaches want me to do," Webb said, per the...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect him to see the field this season at least as a special teamer. I have heard he is a pretty good kid as well.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Shouldn't they have been more focused on Drafting an actual QB for the future?
He wasn't drafted as a QB. They took him knowing he would not play QB, but WR. Every team needs a 6-4 220pd WR. Something fun to watch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9PsUH1fmJk]YouTube - Joe Webb jumps 7 bags at Ces in Atlanta[/ame]

Although it would not surprise me to see them use him in an end around, WR throwing play.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wasn't drafted as a QB. They took him knowing he would not play QB, but WR. Every team needs a 6-4 220pd WR. Something fun to watch.

YouTube - Joe Webb jumps 7 bags at Ces in Atlanta

Although it would not surprise me to see them use him in an end around, WR throwing play.

I meant the Vikings should have drafted a QB for the future, because they have nothing planned. I don't think Jackson or Rosenfels is the answer for when Favre hangs it up.

Webb does look good though. That was a very impressive jump in that video.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts