Joe Theismann- Rodgers Is The Best Passer Ever

kali3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the the thought of it but unfortunetly I think Theismann might still be a little concussed from all those beatings he took from Lawrence Taylor.

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a big difference between the best QB to play the game, and the best passer to play the game. Rodgers may very well be the best "passer" to play the game thus far. He is on pace to be one of the best "QB's" ever, however saying that now is a bit premature.

Look at Rodger's mechanics. It is about as fundamental and sound as you are going to get. When was the last time you have seen Rodgers botch a snap? He prides himself on his ball security. He has a huge arm, and is deadly accurate, not to mention one of the best QBs at throwing the back shoulder fade, one of the hardest throws in all of football. Couple this with his mobility, I have seen him make so many free-running LB's miss that it makes me sick. The way he can manipulate the pocket, how he steps up, everything is spot on. Theisman is correct in this quote, there is no one in the NFL that has ever done it better. He is the total package at QB, end of story. Best pure passer in NFL history? I think so.

MARCOPO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These debates have little relevance because you are never going to convince someone who can't be convinced. IMO, Rodgers is now, or will soon be, barring injury the greatest QB in the game. Why? Simply, no quarterback before has had the attributes Rodgers has in one package. However, I can only go back as far as Unitas in my evaluation.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rodgers overall ability at the position can be compared to no one

Mobile, accurate on the move, out of pocket passer, pocket passer, quick release, chemistry in system and w his players, and work ethic

Not one qb has all those attributes and situation together, I would say that if u needed to pick one qb in the NFL to convert a 4th down, rodgers is ur guy

On a side note the raw and unrefined cam newton, if his work ethic can match his ability, could be better

sent from my rooted evo4g

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since this is indeed a packer forum and rodgers did get you guys a superbowl, it makes sense to love the guy.

In my opinion, i think rodgers is one of the most talented qbs from what i have seen (15 or so years of football).

Best passer ever? I don't know, but the way things are going (Barring injury) he could be up there (i mean his current level maybe isnt even his prime!)

I would love to hear opinions from other fanbases (particularly steelers or falcons fans :D) on what they think about rodgers passing ability.

Members online

Latest posts