Joe Haden

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
An absolute pipe dream. But, if a trade is made, it's theoretically possible.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbNVcrA19Mc]YouTube - Joe Haden Highlights- Top CB Prospect in 2010 NFL Draft[/ame]

Position: CB
School & Year/Status: Florida - Junior
Jersey Number: #5
Height & Weight: 5'11 - 190 lbs.
Ranked #18 on our Top 100 Prospects Board

2010 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
Joe Haden, CB, Florida
Haden perhaps does not get as much recognition as he deserves as part of a Florida Gator team that has been loaded with stars ever since he stepped on campus in 2007. Even if relatively unheralded, Haden was a major contributor to last season's National Championship run and he is up to more of the same in 2009. The cornerback started all 14 games as a sophomore and was borderline dominant in the SEC Championship against Alabama and in the BCS National Championship against Oklahoma. Through five games of this season, Haden led the Gators with 20 solo tackles and was tied for the team lead with two interceptions. While he is most likely going to make his way to the NFL after three seasons, he still has plenty of experience. Haden even started 12 games as a freshman, missing one game (Florida State) due to a minor ankle injury. After being named to the All-SEC Second Team in 2008, Haden looks like he is going to do one better this time around.
He appears to have all the makings of a shutdown corner at the next level, and he currently clocks in at the low 4.4s of the 40-yard dash. The only minor --very minor-- drawback regarding Haden is that he does not have ideal size at 5'11'' and 190 points. Still, those measurements are more than adequate (especially since he makes up for it with speed and physical fearlessness). Assuming Haden makes himself eligible, he could be the first cornerback off the board in the 2010 draft.

Joe Haden Scouting Report - 2010 NFL Draft Prospect

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to jump on the Haden bandwagon just yet. I'm very sure that he has the capability to become a great corner in the NFL but his size issue really concerns me. He barely makes the 5' 11" mark and some sites say he is more like 5'10". I really wouldn't trust this guy covering the larger receivers let alone a TE.

The Coordinator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
great video highlights. Seems the TT way is for a CB that is at least 6'. Having someone the size of Ahmad Carrol will not I dont think happen again under his watch. This draft is deep in CB's so if one of the top OT drop to us I hope he goes that way.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NYPacker, I usually have lots of concerns about small players, but this guy can flat out play ball.

And, like Colts President Bill Polian said, size issue on a cornerback is almost null. Height is only good for jumping balls. How many jumping balls do you see per game?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NYPacker, I usually have lots of concerns about small players, but this guy can flat out play ball.

And, like Colts President Bill Polian said, size issue on a cornerback is almost null. Height is only good for jumping balls. How many jumping balls do you see per game?

It's not so necessarily the jump balls that i'm worried about but the ability of a reciever to overpower a smaller in 1 on 1 or maneuverability. With recievers getting bigger and bigger nowadays i think this may become more evident.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not so necessarily the jump balls that i'm worried about but the ability of a reciever to overpower a smaller in 1 on 1 or maneuverability. With recievers getting bigger and bigger nowadays i think this may become more evident.
But Haden is awfully strong, I'll tell you that... So not a concern. He may need a little work in the weight room, but I don't think his frame is maxed out.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Haden will be there when the Packers draft in the 1st round, and no way will TT move up to pick a CB........in my opinion anyhow. If for some odd reason he did fall to number 23, I am sure we would take him. If that happens we better get a OL in the second.

Members online

Latest posts