JMike's Injury - From His Perspective - A Must Read

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a man (in my Mike Gundy voice) but this story got me emotional. Take advantage and appreciate the small thing's in life. EVERYDAY

North44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great article- wishing all the best for JMike! Hoping the stars align and he can play for the Pack again. One observation: his son looks really big for a 5 year old! I'm wondering if he's going to be as tall as his daddy. Of course, he'll probably never play football, but maybe basketball? :tup:

Reaction score
I'm a man (in my Mike Gundy voice) but this story got me emotional. Take advantage and appreciate the small thing's in life. EVERYDAY

I, too, became emotional upon reading this story! You know? When you witness such a serious injury as this was, from either your seat in the stadium, your sofa at home, barstool at a sports bar, etc., suddenly you just pause and realize just how quickly this game that we dearly love can become so unimportant in the flash of a second. And, yes, I am quoting the same sentence that comes from everyone's mouth, I know, each time such a tragic moment occurs on the field, but as much empathy as I could possibly feel for the player, I cannot even begin to imagine what is going through his mind as he lay motionless on the field; the trauma, fright and the uncertainty of the aftermath. Prayers were answered and God was with Jermichael on that afternoon and continues to bless him and his family.
Godspeed for a full recovery, JMike :tup:
p.s....And on a sad and pathetic note: Then we witness the intent to injure a player constantly displayed by this idiot, Merriweather, and hear his comments following the measely one game suspension. I hope his recent words in that presser were "absorbed" intelligently, THIS TIME.....translate: he has indicated, blantanly, that his violent intentions to "head hunt" and cause injury will continue to exist. :mad:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
p.s....And on a sad and pathetic note: Then we witness the intent to injure a player constantly displayed by this idiot, Merriweather, and hear his comments following the measely one game suspension. I hope his recent words in that presser were "absorbed" intelligently, THIS TIME.....translate: he has indicated, blantanly, that his violent intentions to "head hunt" and cause injury will continue to exist. :mad:

The NFL's not helping either...as idiotic as he sounded he made one valid point..the NFL is basically going to open the door to guy's getting their knees blown out..Randle Cobb is a perfect example of that. DB's are going to be afraid to get fined and suspended and start targeting knees smh. This could get ugly quickly.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The NFL's not helping either...as idiotic as he sounded he made one valid point..the NFL is basically going to open the door to guy's getting their knees blown out..Randle Cobb is a perfect example of that. DB's are going to be afraid to get fined and suspended and start targeting knees smh. This could get ugly quickly.
I agree with part of what you are saying. I think most of the NFL players know there is a tackling area between the neck and the knees. Meriweather is just a thug and doesn't get it.

Reaction score
The NFL's not helping either...as idiotic as he sounded he made one valid point..the NFL is basically going to open the door to guy's getting their knees blown out..Randle Cobb is a perfect example of that. DB's are going to be afraid to get fined and suspended and start targeting knees smh. This could get ugly quickly.[/quote]

Yeah, they're BOTH idiots! It's now pretty much been declared: "OPEN SEASON" on ALL body parts, evidently! The league has gone to hell on a fast track. I'm afraid we all know what it's going to take before the NFL takes action, huh? And that will be a tragic occurance, for sure:mad:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonderful article by Finley. It sounds as if he's had good advice, and has the wisdom to listen to it. I wish him the best regardless of what his future holds.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`m glad you said that....lol I was getting a bit chocked reading it too ;). I REALLY look forward to seeing him play again some day. :tup:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I was getting a little tired of Finley's schtick for a while...I was ever mindful that when all is said and done, his need in seasons past to hear his own voice, started getting under my skin ... but ... he really was just a kid. Sometimes, we old geezers forget that we popped off as young men too and some old guys were gurgling about us.

Anyway, I was most impressed by his writing style. It surprises me that he can construct a coherent sentence -- something I am not convinced a whole lot NFL players can accomplish.

Still and the same, if Finley chooses to never play another down I will understand. Particularly after seeing the picture of his son sitting beside him. THAT picture puts a lot of things into perspective.

I

I was getting a little tired of Finley's schtick for a while...I was ever mindful that when all is said and done, his need in seasons past to hear his own voice, started getting under my skin ... but ... he really was just a kid. Sometimes, we old geezers forget that we popped off as young men too and some old guys were gurgling about us.

Anyway, I was most impressed by his writing style. It surprises me that he can construct a coherent sentence -- something I am not convinced a whole lot NFL players can accomplish.

Still and the same, if Finley chooses to never play another down I will understand. Particularly after seeing the picture of his son sitting beside him. THAT picture puts a lot of things into perspective.

I got the impression he's had a good old father to son conversation with junior and he's put his mind at rest. Very good interview though.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great article.... a lot of great points, positive.
I still have the odds at 95% his season is done, sadly.
And about 50-50 that he ever plays a down for us again, sadly.
We just always seem to have bad luck with this ****.

Here's the part that bothers me the most, for some reason, from what he said:
That night, I transferred into a regular patient unit, and I think about half of my teammates and coaches came to the hospital to visit me. I felt so blessed and appreciative. I’ve certainly been through my fair share of ups and downs in Green Bay, but it was really amazing to feel the love and support from my teammates, coaches and fans during this 48-hour period. It means more to me than I could ever explain.
He said about half of his teammates paid him a visit.
What about the other half?

The only excuse I can possible kind of accept is fear on their part, of seeing him like that.
But even that's weak.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huh. They can take off the face mask.
That's ineresting. I wonder how they did it.

When I saw him on the stretcher heading for the ambulance, I had a bad feeling that it was going to be bad or not a typical injury.

I

Huh. They can take off the face mask.
That's ineresting. I wonder how they did it.

When I saw him on the stretcher heading for the ambulance, I had a bad feeling that it was going to be bad or not a typical injury.

Its screwed on at the side mate. If look close up, the screw heads are clearly visable :tup:

I

I love your Brits use of the word "mate."

Here in the States our equivalent would be "dude."

Well I would certainly not try to offend you dude.....lol ;) although when it is said with a certain emphasis, it is not meant in a friendly way :D, but certainly in this case it was friendly.

Members online

Latest posts