Jimmy Williams, CB cut by the Falcons

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I know.. troubled with weed, and hasn't lived up to his 2nd round draft status.. but he is a bigger CB with decent cover skills..

Worth a look see?

Or do we just stay out of the project player types?

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
but if the Falcons cut him... there can't be too much project left.

Well I think he kind of sunk his chips a little with the Vick thing.. the arrest thing in during the trial and the whole attitude towards the Falcons in general.. but maybe he is just a lost cause.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
TT throw in a waiver claim for Williams..

WILLIAMS HEADS TO WAIVERS
Posted by Mike Florio on June 17, 2008, 6:59 p.m.
With less than four years in the NFL, former Falcons defensive back Jimmy Williams will now hit the waiver wire.

If he isn’t claimed, he’ll become a free agent.

One team to watch in this regard is the Seattle Seahawks, given that Seahawks assistant (and head coach in waiting) Jim Mora was the head coach of the Falcons when Williams was drafted. Another possibility is the Rams, since new St. Louis Executive V.P. of Player Personnel Billy Devaney was working in the Falcons’ front office when Williams was drafted.

Whether either team is truly interested depends on whether either man wanted Williams. And whether either man decided that Williams isn’t very good based on the time observing him in Atlanta.

Still, for $445,000 in 2008 and no up-front money, it might be worth taking a shot at whipping him into shape. Especially since he’ll earn none of the salary unless he makes the final cut.

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he was drafted by the falcons cut by the falcons same old story every time

and now i cant believe i liked them

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts