Jimmy Johnson

Duves

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't it funny how Jimmy Johnson is ripping the Packers for signing Koren Robinson, since "he's a problem child", when he had a druggie in Michael Irven and Leon Lett on the Cowboys while he was the coach.. Amazing the difference in people when your in the broadcast booth now looking to bash other people/ organizations......

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are experiencing first hand the uniquely (and ugly) American habit of cannibalizing the previously celebrated. We had been on top so long....defying the odds and the system the league has implemented....that we are now to be kicked a little when we are down. Just a bunch of monkeys frothing at the mouth over the opportunity to pour some salt on the open wounds of a proud team and fanbase.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Jimmy has lots of experience with turds. What he is saying isn't all that off base. But really, what do the Packers have to lose? Is Koren playing a few games for the Packers going to ruin a season that started out losing the home opener against the arch rival and losing 26 - 0??

All we can do is go up. Let them say what they want. Let's just cheer our favorite team and hope Ted and Mike know what they are doing.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what do you want him to say? "Ehh, who cares? I had players with worse situations than that, and I won me some Super Bowls."

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like when he said that when you are one player or to from being a contender he understands taking a player that might be a risk...

And he is right IMHO

But since the packers are like 50 players, a real GM and a whole set of real coaching staff from becoming a contender, this might not be the right move.

I just hope that KR controls his drinking and stays away from driving....for his own sake and everyone´s else.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YERCELL said:
Just out of curiosity, what do you want him to say? "Ehh, who cares? I had players with worse situations than that, and I won me some Super Bowls."

YES - i'd LOVE to hear him say that!!! honesty would be refreshing, wouldn't it?? :wink:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess the difference is that Irvin and Lett were very good players, among the best at their positions, while Robinson is a very ordinary receiver. Also, Robinson is in danger of being suspended for a year due to his violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

Duves: It's great to hear from someone in Quinnesec, MI. I grew up there, and still visit a friend there every month. I lived on Bluff Street, near the southeast corner of town.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I guess the difference is that Irvin and Lett were very good players, among the best at their positions, while Robinson is a very ordinary receiver. Also, Robinson is in danger of being suspended for a year due to his violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

Duves: It's great to hear from someone in Quinnesec, MI. I grew up there, and still visit a friend there every month. I lived on Bluff Street, near the southeast corner of town.
:eek: Well he's ordinary enough to make the pro bowl. Jimmy's hairspray addiction is no better so he shouldn't talk

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
YERCELL said:

YES - i'd LOVE to hear him say that!!! honesty would be refreshing, wouldn't it?? :wink:

Yes 4Packgirl,
That would be but, Jimmy doesn't have the guts to say it.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
Well he's ordinary enough to make the pro bowl. Jimmy's hairspray addiction is no better so he shouldn't talk

He made the Pro Bowl as a kick returner, not as a receiver. He's never been any better than an average receiver.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Cdnfavrefan said:
Well he's ordinary enough to make the pro bowl. Jimmy's hairspray addiction is no better so he shouldn't talk

He made the Pro Bowl as a kick returner, not as a receiver. He's never been any better than an average receiver.

And quite an underacheiver. He had every chance in the world in Seattle and he was just too inconsistent. He's Rod Gardner with better KR ability.

Staff online

Latest posts