Jim Schwartz Bad Sport

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Did anyone else see that at the end of the Detroit game how he got in Harbaugh's face when celebrating?

Read Harbaugh's lips when Schwartz pushed him and got in his face, and I swear he's saying "Get outta my face you son of a *****!" LMAO

I think that was ********.

Harbaugh was happy to win, who wouldn't be?

I hope Detroit loses every game this year after seeing that.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw the first part where Harbaugh ran past Schwartz but didn't see the blowup. Hopefully ESPN posts it.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Check NFL's official website, it's there. I seen it on highlights flashing into the Saints/Buc's game.

Schwartz acted like he had never lost before, yelling and pushing the guy. I am on the Harbaugh bandwagon after he called him a son of a ***** to his face! LMAO

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bleh. One could argue that Jim Harbaugh was classless for celebrating like that before he had even congratulated Jim Schwartz.

Honestly though... I think "Bad Sport" and "Classless" are words that people use just so they have something to b-tch about. People like Chris Chase thrive off pimping this type of nothingness.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I thought Schwartz got just a little too animated during a number of the plays in the Chicago game. He seems to think his team is God's gift to the universe.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I try not to read too much into this stuff. But I haven't seen McCarthy, Tomlin, Coughlin, etc. doing this stuff. Even Belichick, when he sometimes hasn't shaken hands after games, at least he's just being a baby by himself and not making a scene. It's good to play with some edge and fire, but the head coach shouldn't be the guy losing his cool and starting a kerfuffle.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Schwartz does this kind of thing all the time. He was excited after seeing Charles' season-ending injury and constantly runs up and down the sidelines yelling and screaming. Harbaugh did the kind of thing that Schwartz usually does and Schwartz couldn't take it.

I don't have a problem with coaches being excited and animated but if you're gonna do it, be prepared to have it thrown back in your face.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeh exactly, weve all seen Schwartz run up and down the sideline swinging his fists about in excitement because his team finally are doing well.

If he can dish it out he has to be able to take it.
Plus I like Harbaugh, great coach.

Reaction score
I was watching parts of that game during commercial breaks (cousin has NFL sunday ticket) and both of those coaches were trash talking from across the field the whole game.
Post game.
Red Jim got up and kinda rubbed it in with a kinda "Haha!" handshake, then smurf Jim got a bit "pizz-E" about it and ...idk, it was fun to watch.
I wouldn't call it classless, it's a game of emotion... As long as refs keep it under control and from turning into a fight.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
If he wants to ***** about losing, just remember, 49ers had 15 penalties in that game, way more than Detroit and they still won!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said in a similar thread, emotions run high, people do things in the heat of the moment that they wouldn't do normally. I'm not defending their actions, just trying to offer an explanation as to why they occurred.

With these two, I think, Harbaugh was already emotional because of Megatron's non-TD. Lions would of/ should of won that game. God only knows what Schwartz did to set Harbaugh over the edge, but whatever it was, it was enough. I wonder if we will see fines resulted of this? NFL can't look too kindly on it. It looks unprofessional in the least regardless if someone was sorely provoked. You can do something in the height of emotion but you must also own the consequences.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
There should be zero fines.

Harbaugh took the blame, apologized for it, like a real man.

I still think Schwartz instigated it. He goes over there and pushes a guy that's walking off, and don't stop, keeps on. But hey, Harbaugh was cool enough to take blame, and say he was sorry, so he's a class act for that.

49ers are getting better. Just think if they had a deep threat wide receiver and a good quarterback.

In a way, Detroit got exposed. Can't run the ball, and all that pressure on Stafford while shutting down Megatron. See, the Lions are beatable. I don't wanna hear anyone saying they might be 15-1.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
there was no helmet to helmet contact,,,,Lions coach did not take him down at his knees.......there was no PI as it was a dead ball,,,,,,maybe unsportsmanship by both coaches,,,,,penalties offset....there is no need for a fine......you people who dwell on fines need to zip it

LOLions

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harbaugh was about that sore loser the ol' one-two if the players didn't break them up.

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to have to disagree with everyone on this. First if youwatch the replay, harbaugh sort of shoves Schwartz in the back instead of a pat after the handshake. It was probably just over exuberance, but I could see how Schwartz could have initially taken it the wrong way. Secondly, I know he is the HC of a divisional foe, but I rather like Schwartz He's fiery, yet respectful.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Love love love me some Jim Harbaugh. This guy is a winner and he helped lead one of the most magical Colts seasons ever in 1995. Sure, he gets a bit too excited at times but the Lions looked like poor sports.

I would love nothing more then a Packers/49ers NFC title game btw

As for the Lions I have not been on their bandwagon. Something has rubbed me the wrong way for weeks and today confirmed it.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
They showed it pretty good at halftime of SNF, It looked to me like Harbaugh was just a little too fired up with the handshake and the back pat and he admitted the it was on him in the post game interview. But what Schwartz did was totally out of line. How does he now jump down some players throat for losing control and costing the team 15 yards.

BoilerUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of which... who did AJ Hawk flip off in the 2nd quarter?

Yes I was totally wondering that too! I was sitting there and I was like, wait was that his middle finger? I'm glad I know I'm not crazy now!

Anyway back on Topic

I love Jim Harbaugh! Did you see him with 6 seconds left in the game and he was still fired about about something with the refs?

Dude is always so intense, I love it.

People need to get over it, he just improved his team to 5-1 and just beat an undefeated team, the guy was jacked.

People get so easily offended.

Members online

Latest posts