Jim Bates?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well he burned his bridge here, not wanting to stay after not getting the HC job, which is a shame. I like jim...im sure he'll land on his feet.

Reaction score
Last I heard, he was in the running to be a DC in Buffalo. However, nothing materialized. I think he is going to take the year off, or perhaps might have already gotten a consultant type of gig somewhere. Bates is one hell of a coach, that is for sure!

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
well he burned his bridge here, not wanting to stay after not getting the HC job, which is a shame. I like jim...im sure he'll land on his feet.

What bridge did he burn? I thought he made a most gracious exit even though he really felt like he got royally screwed..

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah........i didn't think he left on bad terms. Just wasn't happy he didn't get the head coach job. Can't blame him on that.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah..TT screwed him allright...

(He left walking out of GB kinda funny....!)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
P@ck66 said:
Yeah..TT screwed him allright...

(He left walking out of GB kinda funny....!)

THINK POSITIVE. Atleast his wife got some rest that night.

The only reason he was walking funny was his WALLET was too heavy.
I don't think you can call it a "********" because they didn't want him as coach. They made their choice, good or bad. We will see which it turns out to be.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bates was offered about 3 DC jobs but turned them all down. Last I heard he was going to take a year off. My bet is he gets back involved in some capacity before the year is out. I can't see his high energy "type a" personality sitting out a whole year.

Members online