Jerry Kramer on TV news

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple of days ago on the tail end of a sports broadcast I saw Jerry Kramer being interviewed. He said something to the effect of-"players can do what they want on their own time but when you are under contract and it's time to play football you better be there, because now you are effecting me. We are here to play football and to win games and championships and if you are not here doing your part and pulling your weight you are hurting the whole team..."

I wish I had seen the whole thing, it sounded like it was pretty good. Did any one else see this?

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be nice to hear the whole interview.
Guys like Kramer know what they are talking about. They played their guts out for virtually nothing and had a sense of loyalty to their teams and fans. They also cared about winning championships.
These young greedy guts nowadays will just follow the money whether or not it leads to a championship.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's cause it's the easier road to walk down.....
These newer Players just are as tough as they were back before the big contracts.
We saw the end of that, I think, with the Pittsburgh Steeler's dynasty.
Bill Walsh tried to re-create that dynasty, to some extent...
In the end, he breathed new life into the NFL, with the Cincinnati-borne, re-designed by Walsh.....

<center>West Coast Offense</center>

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts