Jermichael Finley's new contract

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it's a bit early to talk about his contract, but packerslounge.com made an interesting point regarding how much we'd have to pay to keep Finley on the team once it expires. His rookie contract runs through the end of 2011 so we have a bit of time. Recently it was reported that the 49ers are negotiating a deal with Vernon Davis for a new contract worth up to $40 Million for 5 years. That's a heck of a lot of dough and I hope TT is willing to dish out the cash consdering Finley is poised to have a huge impact in the coming years.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah he'll need to play at Vernon Davis' level to get paid like Vernon.. I think that he'll live up to his potential (really hope he does) and then he'll get that big contract and I don't think TT will have a problem dishing it out for him..

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We really dont know where the NFL will be at that point. We could be in the middle of a strike or have a new CBA. He is going to have to have two consistent high performing seasons before we pay him the big bucks. We might be able to franchise him for another year as well depending on the CBA

PackerSlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still way paranoid that he's going to become the headcase Walker was. He just seems like one of those guys that might get a diva attitude once his contract is up and want to go to the bigger market to reap the rewards of all those endorsements he might not get here. Especially if he feels hes the key to the team. Maybe he'll pull that crap Sterling did on the eve of the regular season. But hopefully not. I hope I'm dead wrong. Maybe hes really grown up like he says. If you can really grow up that much in a year. So far so good...

Members online

Latest posts