Jermichael Finley on KFAN Radio

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I listen to Paul Allen's radio show on KFAN (Vikings radio guy, "and the Cardinals have knocked the Vikings out of the playoffs" guy) and I really enjoy PA's show. He has a lot of good football guys on like Mike Florio from PFT and Mike Mayock, among others.

He had Jermichael Finley on for a few segments and it was pretty cool stuff. Finley comes off as a good guy who is probably a little immature. I do think he has matured a lot since his first season and he's a guy I feel good about rooting for.

I really suggest listening to the segments.

4/15 - HR2 Jermichael Finley - KFAN Sports Radio AM 1130 - The Fan

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh, Paul Allen's a ****** bag. I'd love to hear what he has to say about Super Bowl XLV Champion and MVP Aaron Rodgers now. He was crushing Rodgers last season for whatever reasons, while simultaneously talking up Favre. This was before the first game of the season. He hammered him again right afterwards, but pretty much shut up after the clinic Rodgers put on in Minnesota..

I agree with Ivo- Finley shouldn't ever speak publicly unsupervised.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just needs to be coached up in PR/ public speaking. You would think this would be required for players as sooner or later PR is going to become part of their lives. He's going to create a nightmare for himself if he doesn't and I love Fins!!! :(

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just needs to be coached up in PR/ public speaking.
He has..... just like Johnny Jolly and his actions. Sometimes a dude be who they be.
Ain't nothing can't nobody to do to change who they be. You feel me?

Finley will always be like that. It's dangerous that he is a media ***** though because he will keep getting into trouble.

OP
OP
Future

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Ugh, Paul Allen's a ****** bag. I'd love to hear what he has to say about Super Bowl XLV Champion and MVP Aaron Rodgers now. He was crushing Rodgers last season for whatever reasons, while simultaneously talking up Favre. This was before the first game of the season. He hammered him again right afterwards, but pretty much shut up after the clinic Rodgers put on in Minnesota..

I agree with Ivo- Finley shouldn't ever speak publicly unsupervised.

Allen has admitted multiple times that he was incredibly wrong on Rodgers and has accepted that the Packers are pretty far ahead of the Vikings.

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think everyone here knows how I feel about Finley, great TE, but terrible representative of the Packers players...almost to the point of not being Packers material (character wise, anyway). I also think he needs a LOT of coaching to be able to sound articulate and not so ego-maniacal, self promoting and selfish.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't even say he's immature. He's, what, 23? I just checked, turned 24 a few weeks ago. He's young and he likes to talk. Yeah he can be a PITA but in time he might mellow. A lot of great players do a lot of talking. So be it.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, as a public figure he does not have that luxury. He needs to learn the right thing to say and if he can't learn that, he needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. IMO part of his "job" is to do and say what is right for the team (compare Manning, Rodgers, or Brady to Cutler and others who are terrible in front of a microphone). If Finley wants to be a star -- and we certainly want him to become one -- he will be routinely conducting press conferences and will constantly have reporters sticking microphones in front of him and he needs to pull it together.

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard the entire segment and was quite annoyed by the entire thing...Allen was for lack of better words "brown nosing" Finley the entire segment and its not like there is any precedent for Packers landing in Minneapolis...oh that's right Finley is not signed to a long-term deal and I believe his contract is up after the next football season is completed whenever that may be:(

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allen has admitted multiple times that he was incredibly wrong on Rodgers and has accepted that the Packers are pretty far ahead of the Vikings.

Ahh. Well that's something. I obviously don't listen to KFAN, I just heard the podcast where he was blasting Rodgers and promoting Favre.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I like Finely as a talent (I am both a Texas and GB fan) he does need to learn how to handle himself better in public. A year ago people would have thought you were crazy to let him go after his contract expires. Now, well not so much.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno, I'm listening to it now, he seems to be pretty reserved from where he was last year in training camp and OTA's. I wanted to kill him last year. He seems better this time. The radio hosts were trying like hell to start **** with that Super Bowl photo thing and he sidestepped it all. I'm proud of him.

Let's see if he keeps his mouth in check...

jamie97520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sorry to read all the negative comments the GB community are leaving regarding Finley's interview. I dont want to listen to the segment incase i feel the same way

Ignorance is bliss.....

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of you who don't know who Paul Allen is, or what he's famous for, HERE is the greatest moment in his career. He almost topped it with this last one.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_QzwbZJyFg]YouTube - Cardinals vs Vikings 2003 Paul Allen's Call[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcA-NEhWVfI]YouTube - Cardinals Knock Vikings out of the Playoffs - Madden Version[/ame] <MADDEN VERSION, better audio.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UUeqvquXZI]YouTube - Brett Favre interception by Saints Tracy Porter NFC Championship. Paul Allen's Call[/ame]

ENJOY !!!!!
It never gets old for me !!!

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I know a lot of young adults that can handle themselves in a very mature and acceptable manner. Youth is no excuse for inappropriately shooting off your mouth. Finley has a lot of talent. So did/do Randy Moss and TO. Hopefully he won't let a big ego taint his reputation.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I just disagree with the comparisons you draw. I think of him as more of a Shannon Sharpe, Bart Scott, or Ray Lewis. Comparing him to Randy Moss or TO is way off, in my opinion.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I guess I just disagree with the comparisons you draw. I think of him as more of a Shannon Sharpe, Bart Scott, or Ray Lewis. Comparing him to Randy Moss or TO is way off, in my opinion.

I wasn't attempting to compare talents but rather how a talented performer can taint their reputation by their comments or actions off the field. (or ON the field in the case of Moss :mooning:) It seems some people are feeling Finley's comments have been immature and less than favorable.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure. but I guess what I was trying to get across is that I think Finley's a guy who likes to talk to keep things interesting for himself, like, say, Shannon Sharpe rather than being malcontent ********* like T.O. who will pop off to anybody within earshot.

Honestly, I think Finley's got a short attention span, so he talks all the time as a way to make sure he keeps himself engaged in football.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts