Jermichael Finley needs to go!

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Finley reminds me of javon walker all the talent 2 cent head had 1 good season both agents were dumb and walker got what he wanted out of GB only to tear his knee up in denver and noone ever heard of him again. Finley is going towards that same path.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade him for a first or second and then grab Joseph Fauria from UCLA(half kidding)... then through DJ williams and Fauria out there like NE does. Sprinkle in some crabtree.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading him tomorrow morning for a backup janitor would be fine by me. As they say in the money world "cut your losses". With Finley, we will always lose. And by "lose" I mean we will lose a sense of teamwork that is needed. He is almost getting to be the Randy Moss of tight ends.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Trading him tomorrow morning for a backup janitor would be fine by me. As they say in the money world "cut your losses". With Finley, we will always lose. And by "lose" I mean we will lose a sense of teamwork that is needed. He is almost getting to be the Randy Moss of tight ends.
They keep him at least long enough to see what they have in Quarless. They have serviceable young TE's on the roster, they'd be losing a "potential" stud with no visible replacement.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He made at least two catches in the Rams game.
Now is he happy or will he now keep his big pie hole shut?
At the least I hope it's the latter.

And I hope, really really hope that someone within the Packers organization gave him a really good talking to letting him know that he must now act like a Packer off the field.
Idiot is lucky, really, really lucky that he wasn't around Lombardi. Can you imagine?

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree we need to get rid of finley. While i know the big target TE is the way to go now I think a good blocking TE that can every now and then slip out for some catches in the middle of the field is the way to go.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree with any comparison to Javon Walker. Walker was a head case, he didn't love the game. I think Finley has the right attitude. Confident but not too cocky. His problem just appears to be his hands. If I was him, I would be putting in about 40 hours per week all year round on that ***** machine. Get so that you can catch balls in your sleep.

As far as trading him for a 1st or even a 2nd - not going to happen. At best, I think a 4th.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't wanna see the guy go either but we don't NEED him. Rodgers is the type of qb that makes others better, all we need is a guy who can catch and get open he doesn't have to have the athletic ability of Finley. Finley is 5x's the athlete Gronkowski is but Grownkoski is the better TE imo because he gets open and catches the ball consistently.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ ummm...maybe not 5x the athlete, that's a bit much. Even with Gronk playing hurt with a bum hip, he still can run his routes and catch tough passes. Finley is plain out lazy, plain and simple. He hot paid, he got lazy, end of story.

Female Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone here knows that he isn't a team player. HE NEEDS TO GO!! I don't think that he should open his mouth about Rogers if he isn't even playing well the games. If he doesnt like the way Rogers does things he can leave, nobody will miss him. It won't hurt the team they have better players that will do a better job.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But Finley, even with his diminished value at the moment on the field (due to drops), he still poses huge problems for a defense.. he is too fast for a Backers.. too strong for a corner.. so it really makes a defense account for him on the field. Thus creating space for other players, most notably Cobb at the moment, to work and creates winning situations over the top because he applies pressure on the safeties..

This is a great point and I dont want it to get lost..

BrettsFavor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone here knows that he isn't a team player. HE NEEDS TO GO!! I don't think that he should open his mouth about Rogers if he isn't even playing well the games. If he doesnt like the way Rogers does things he can leave, nobody will miss him. It won't hurt the team they have better players that will do a better job.

Let's not get carried away here. Not everyone has the most likable character. But Finley is no T.O. either.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ ummm...maybe not 5x the athlete, that's a bit much. Even with Gronk playing hurt with a bum hip, he still can run his routes and catch tough passes. Finley is plain out lazy, plain and simple. He hot paid, he got lazy, end of story.

Ok 4x's the athlete haha.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never hated on James Jones. He kept his mouth shut and got better. Finley should take notes he sounds like he as as much sense as James Harrison.

NJPackfan.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TT has made a two year commitment to him and there is no way he'll be traded. Especially when his value might be low after a shaky early season.

Love him or hate him, he'll be a Packer for the foreseeable future.

Staff online

Members online