Jermichael Finley needs to go!

Packers80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's what I think about Jermichael.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Comment below or on the video comments on youtube, what do you guys think?

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see him gone. Anywhere we could get something for him, Miami would be nice if there is something there for the Packers to get

Gbayallday

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed!! I call him butterfingers. And he needs to look at himself not pointing it towards everyone else. He needs to go!!

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Finley Excuses(1)A-rod throws to hard. (2)James Jones switched gloves with me. (3)Thats not the play I CALLED.(4)the defenses will not give me space.(5)I was BLOCKING when A-rod threw me a pass. (6) Not my FAULT...

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley Excuses(1)A-rod throws to hard. (2)James Jones switched gloves with me. (3)Thats not the play I CALLED.(4)the defenses will not give me space.(5)I was BLOCKING when A-rod threw me a pass. (6) Not my FAULT...

You forgot lack of chemistry makes balls thrown at his numbers uncatchable :rolleyes:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In the past (even last few weeks) word was he was MM's "guy" and was untouchable,....But he can't think that now...MM HAS to be smarter than that...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep all the coaches.
Get rid of players.
And I won't mind at all if JM is the first to go.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't really know how much we can get for him but get rid of him. He reminds of Dez Bryant ! Looks good in uniform and gives you cheap beer. Were gonna be in the hunt and the last thing I want to see is him dropping a crucial pass in a big game. I don't trust him. He is not a Packer. Send him to Dallas or the Seahawks. Either way he wont be around long.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
WOW....I was called out for being a finley hater a few weeks ago.....whom ever that was can go eat a **** sandwich. The dude is a JOKE, he does not belong on our team. He blows key 3rd down every damn game and has the most drops in the NFL. His dumb *** runs the wrong routes, we are lucky Arod didn't toss a pick six because of his dumb ***. BENCH HIM for Tom Crabtree, I said it weeks ago and got crap for that too.....but, crabtree produced and butter fingers pan hands finley did not.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW....I was called out for being a finley hater a few weeks ago.....whom ever that was can go eat a **** sandwich. The dude is a JOKE, he does not belong on our team. He blows key 3rd down every damn game and has the most drops in the NFL. His dumb *** runs the wrong routes, we are lucky Arod didn't toss a pick six because of his dumb ***. BENCH HIM for Tom Crabtree, I said it weeks ago and got crap for that too.....but, crabtree produced and butter fingers pan hands finley did not.

I don't think you disproved the hater thing with this post. :)

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is this thread going to blow up in everyone's face? now finley will have a stellar season! lol. (probably not, but our thread titles have been foot-in-mouth moreso this season than any other)

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I more than enjoyed that win.... My old *** was ready to do a back flip, but Im old and can't, but I wanted to. This just proved all the critics wrong.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are not the only ones who feel the way we do about Finley.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-instant-grades-analysis-for-green-bay/page/5
Jermichael Finley–D
Finley deserves some credit for fighting through a shoulder injury to play, but Finley failed to have a big impact on the football game. He caught two passes for 12 yards, but dropped another pass. The drops are adding up and patience is running out for Finley.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Sure Finley (and his agent) need to learn how to speak in the media and what needs to be talked about while the mics are off and in the locker room.

And he most definitely needs to restore his confidence and start catching the ball.

But Finley, even with his diminished value at the moment on the field (due to drops), he still poses huge problems for a defense.. he is too fast for a Backers.. too strong for a corner.. so it really makes a defense account for him on the field. Thus creating space for other players, most notably Cobb at the moment, to work and creates winning situations over the top because he applies pressure on the safeties..

Finley needs to play up to his potential and probably is overpaid at the moment, but Finley most definitely has value to the Packers passing offense overall.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley is a big powerful type TE, but many times goes down much too soon, when he does catch a pass. After getting hit by a defender, he usually just curls up and goes down. He doesn't seem to have the moves or fight in him to break free for YAC, IMO. He has not been the same since his knee injury in 2010.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say keep as long as we can afford him, but don't keep him at the expense of losing others we must keep. He's a prime example of an over-hyped/large-potential/under-achieving player....you can cling to hope or go with what you know. I think Williams, Crabtree and Quarless (when healed) are more than capable for sure. I'd even be willing to deal Finley for a mid-round pick if someone would play with us on it.

H

HardRightEdge

I feel compelled to offer some kind of argument in support of Mr. Finley, best encapsulated in the following video, particularly at the 1:15 and 1:50 marks in said video:

The tight ends capable of making those two plays can be counted on one hand, maybe even after an amputation or two.

Admittedly, we're 3 years, a knee injury, and a 1/2 step removed from those performances. Nonetheless, it is hard to give up on him entirely without the benefit of seeing where we are with him by season's end, particularly given Jennings tenuous status.

That said, he'll be due about $8 mil next year, starting with a $3.5 mil roster bonus due in March. On the current trajectory, I would have say I would not pay that money. But I still think it is still a bit premature to throw in the towel.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may be that Finley and his agent are yapping in order to force his way to another team. I think we went through that with another player in 2008. The difference is that one player will be a member of the Hall of Fame, and the other will need to buy a ticket to get in.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel compelled to offer some kind of argument in support of Mr. Finley, best encapsulated in the following video, particularly at the 1:15 and 1:50 marks in said video:

The tight ends capable of making those two plays can be counted on one hand, maybe even after an amputation or two.

Admittedly, we're 3 years, a knee injury, and a 1/2 step removed from those performances. Nonetheless, it is hard to give up on him entirely without the benefit of seeing where we are with him by season's end, particularly given Jennings tenuous status.

That said, he'll be due about $8 mil next year, starting with a $3.5 mil roster bonus due in March. On the current trajectory, I would have say I would not pay that money. But I still think it is still a bit premature to throw in the towel.

I'm glad you posted this video man. I can't forget 2nd half of that 2009 season either.

Look, the guy is under contract for 1.5 more years...I say see what happens. He's good enough to be the starting TE out there without a doubt. This is the very reason TT signed him to the short term contract...if that talent doesnt materialize this year he's gone. But to say send him packing mid-season is a mistake IMO.

That said he just needs to shut-up and play football.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not going to dump him mid season. Won't get much for him anyways. Best to let the season run out then go from there.

I don't think his attitude will ever change tho

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heard some people call him Jermichael Fumbly. That's not true of him. U have to catch the ball before u can fumble it.

Members online

Latest posts