Jermichael F

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Has anybody else been impressed with him this season ?? He really looks like he`s matured this season to me anyway. :cool:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I like what I see. Whether it is a result of the season being a contract year, or if he is finally feeling good on his knee, or if its because he put back on those 15 pounds he lost last year... I don't care. He's a beast right now. Good to see it and hope we see lots more.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, yes, however I still think it's 100% contract reasons. I fear if we do offer him a new contract it better be incentive laced because just handing this guy cash will result in his lazy self returning more than likely.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think he's getting more chances, he needs to stay focused and make the most out of those chances however. He never really goes down on first contact and always tries for the extra yards that's what i like about him. If he can consistently catch the ball i prdicted a big season for him before the yr started.

12theTruth

Mike McCarthy said he noticed a changed man after the bye week last year. They would know far more about J-Mike than any of us. I feel a good amount of performance and lack of "a big mouth" has to do with what is good for the pocketbook with him. How many players have we seen get fat and happy after a big contract in the NFL? I'm sure they'll tread carefully considering his history.

NorthEast Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I love about what I have seen in Fin thus far is when he gets the ball he is running with reckless abandon and doing his best to flatten and DB or LB that gets in his way for that extra yard

Reaction score
I chalk it up to being a contract year.
Contract year or not, Finley was on a contract year before and played WORSE than he should have been... When you're on the field, you don't really think about that kind of stuff. If being on a contract year helps Finley catch balls and break 5 tackles per game, then we should just sign him to a 7 mil 1 year contract every year! :D

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley's problem was never his work ethic, by all accounts he always kept his body in immaculate form worked extremely hard during camps and practices. The trouble with him has always been maturity, sometimes receivers "press" too hard and their hands turn to stone. Finley seems to have learned to relax, his hands look much softer.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
A lot of football left to play. Let's hope his current form of beast mode continues. If he can stear clear of foul media types and keep the drops under control I think Fin should be ok.

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I think the change in Finley started last November when he initiated having weekly meetings with Rodgers. He was still talking too much and before the season he lost too much weight (IMO) perhaps in an attempt to be more “WR-like”. The improvement this season has continued so far has been significant: He put on good weight in the off season to be a better blocker, he’s kept his mouth shut, and he has shown a renewed determination on the field.

Here’s a quote from Rodgers from Wilde’s blog posted 11-28: “With Jermichael, I think it’s been about getting on the same page and spending some time together. And I think the thing I appreciate about him over the last three or four weeks is just how he really has been a good teammate. I think he really has. He cares about his guys; he’s been intentional about spending time with me and wanting to make sure we’re on the same page. And I think it’s helped. I really do think it’s helped.”

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=15741

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

RockyRaccoon

Day Tripper
Reaction score
HUH? That must be a skewed stat or they have a different version of YAC.

ESPN.GO has a different take on things: Look at number 48 on the list and slide over to his YAC. Total yds, 121, total YAC, 56

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/p.../sort/receivingYards/qualified/false/count/41
Maybe ESPN hasn't updated its YAC from week 2 yet? I just watched each of his 5 catches against SF and counted 56 total yards and 59 YAC. I might be off a yard here and there as far as where he actually caught the ball, but of his five catches, not one of them was caught a full yard past the LOS. If I can find a copy of the Redskins game I'll check his catches from that game as well.

EDIT:
Just saw Paul posted a 4-part tweet verifying the stat:
(1/4) I just watched all 11 of Jermichael Finley's catches this season, and yes, believe it or not, those YAC numbers are true. #Packers
(2/4) The breakdown: In Week 1, Rodgers threw two passes to Finley in the air for minus-1 yard, one pass for 0 yds and two passes for 1 yard
(3/4) In Week 2: Rodgers threw 1 pass to Finley in the air for minus-1 yard, one pass for 0 yds, 3 passes for 1 yd each, one pass for 3 yds.
(4/4) So, in total, of the 11 passes caught by Jermichael Finley so far, the ball has only actually traveled 6 yards in the air. #Packers

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy said he noticed a changed man after the bye week last year. They would know far more about J-Mike than any of us. I feel a good amount of performance and lack of "a big mouth" has to do with what is good for the pocketbook with him. How many players have we seen get fat and happy after a big contract in the NFL? I'm sure they'll tread carefully considering his history.
I'm thinking the same way.
It's one thing for an ex-teamate to bad mouth a QB and another for a current player to do so.
As long as he keeps his mouth shut about Rodgers and makes catches and plays, he's all right.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This sudden emergence has everything to do with cash, and the open market. Once signed, back to Jerdroppal paddlehands diarrhea mouth IMHO. This guy is the definition of primadonna. If anyone thinks there is packer loyalty playing its hand, think again.

OP
OP
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I don`t think I said anything about Packer loyalty in my original question ;), I asked if anybody thought he`d improved in attitude and ability. I am not stupid to believe ANY player, and I do mean ANY player has loyalty to the organisation the way the fans do. I DO however believe in credit where credit is due. JMHO

Members online

Latest posts