Jeremy Ross

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's bothering me a bit that he was a completely failure as a packer but looks like a pro bowl player with the lions. Not sure if anyone is to blame or it just summarizes our season.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tis a bit mind boggling, but fumbles in the return game will get you in the dog house real quick. I am almost wondering if he was putting to much pressure on himself to live up to Cobb in the return game. There were many times while returning he showed flashes of being a really good return guy.

Either that or ST blocking just sucks compared to Detroit's. There is also the whole snow thing from yesterday's game.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Fluke. Our secondary has been getting burned by everyone and their grandma.... and he returned a kick in the blizzard of philly...c'mon.....he aint no pro-bowler..... a toilet bowler, yes.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's bothering me a bit that he was a completely failure as a packer but looks like a pro bowl player with the lions. Not sure if anyone is to blame or it just summarizes our season.

blame Slocum haha jk..nah but Hyde isn't nearly as good as kickoff returns as i thought he would be.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fluke. Our secondary has been getting burned by everyone and their grandma.... and he returned a kick in the blizzard of philly...c'mon.....he aint no pro-bowler..... a toilet bowler, yes.
That's actually not very surprising. Slippery footing is a big advantage for returners because they can plan their moves ahead of time while the snow greatly hampers defenders ability to react quickly.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
That's actually not very surprising. Slippery footing is a big advantage for returners because they can plan their moves ahead of time while the snow greatly hampers defenders ability to react quickly.

Thats what the coach from philly said in post game press conf. Part of the reason that L. McCoy had 200+ yards rushing....defenders couldnt adjust quick enough.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#1- before we added this guy Jeremy Ross, originally, I don't think any of us had ever heard of him or seen him play.
#2- he showed some electric skills late in the season last year as a return man
#3- fumble vs SF in playoff game was huge error. but the defense was worse that day, way way worse.
#4- our special teams blocking, and coverage, was horrible, HORRIBLE, right out the gate this year. A young Devin Hester or Josh Cribbs, or Randall Cobb couldn't have done anything with the lack of blocking.
#5- he had another terrible fumble at Cinci (or was it Baltimore), that was costly and bad.

Many here know I thought we should have still kept him.
Because of #2 above. He had it, we saw it, last year.

Fumbles are a tricky thing. So are turnovers.

Last few years, our defense forced a lot of them, especially interceptions.
Now we have very few, and our safeties have NONE.

Some guys, like Tiki Barber, Ahman Green, Adrian Peterson, and this year David Wilson and Stevan Ridley, have had big issues with fumbles.

Some coaches stick with them.
Some bench them.
We cut ours.

I was sad to see Ross go, but I am VERY HAPPY for him he's gotten some blocking and a few passes thrown his way. Caught the TD against us, and took 2 back to the house yesterday.
He's proven me right, and that #2 above was no fluke.

This was an error from someone in our organization to cast him away.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
blame Slocum haha jk..nah but Hyde isn't nearly as good as kickoff returns as i thought he would be.
this could be a coaching thing. Ross looked tentative for us and now looks confident. I am sure blocking is now better for him, but I believe his current coaching staff has him better prepared instilling confidence in himself.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#1- before we added this guy Jeremy Ross, originally, I don't think any of us had ever heard of him or seen him play.
#2- he showed some electric skills late in the season last year as a return man
#3- fumble vs SF in playoff game was huge error. but the defense was worse that day, way way worse.
#4- our special teams blocking, and coverage, was horrible, HORRIBLE, right out the gate this year. A young Devin Hester or Josh Cribbs, or Randall Cobb couldn't have done anything with the lack of blocking.
#5- he had another terrible fumble at Cinci (or was it Baltimore), that was costly and bad.

Many here know I thought we should have still kept him.
Because of #2 above. He had it, we saw it, last year.

Fumbles are a tricky thing. So are turnovers.

Last few years, our defense forced a lot of them, especially interceptions.
Now we have very few, and our safeties have NONE.

Some guys, like Tiki Barber, Ahman Green, Adrian Peterson, and this year David Wilson and Stevan Ridley, have had big issues with fumbles.

Some coaches stick with them.
Some bench them.
We cut ours.

I was sad to see Ross go, but I am VERY HAPPY for him he's gotten some blocking and a few passes thrown his way. Caught the TD against us, and took 2 back to the house yesterday.
He's proven me right, and that #2 above was no fluke.

This was an error from someone in our organization to cast him away.

Shhhhh...don't talk about Teddy. You may get stoned.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this could be a coaching thing. Ross looked tentative for us and now looks confident. I am sure blocking is now better for him, but I believe his current coaching staff has him better prepared instilling confidence in himself.
Fumbles to me, are like a pitcher and giving up home runs.
A guy could pitch a great game, but give up just 4 hits over 8 innings, but 1 or 2 of them are always home-runs.
Or a relief pitcher.... he can get everyone out, but too often, a guy takes him deep.

Confidence.

If the manager sticks with them, they can get over it often and then become a dominant pitcher.
Or they can melt down.

Or a manager, or coach, can just say enough of that, we can't have that......

I was just amazed at the quick trigger on Ross after seeing how long the team stuck with way more inept guys/mistakes made by guys like Newhouse, McMillian, Crosby, Hawk.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Ross the turdburglar that Kuhn begged not to come out of the endzone two consecutive times? The fumblerooskis are coming on a crucial return in Detroit, and the kitties will get to punish him next.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Ross the turdburglar that Kuhn begged not to come out of the endzone two consecutive times? The fumblerooskis are coming on a crucial return in Detroit, and the kitties will get to punish him next.
Isn't Kuhn the guy who fumbled a blocked punt this year, our first blocked punt in so long? And isn't Kuhn the guy who fumbled the ball away against the Giants in the 2011 playoff loss?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Kuhn the guy who fumbled a blocked punt this year, our first blocked punt in so long? And isn't Kuhn the guy who fumbled the ball away against the Giants in the 2011 playoff loss?
Yes, and he's also the guy who has Rodgers' back on third down and calls out blitz assignments.

Frank, aren't you the guy who was just talking about the virtue of not cutting a guy because of a couple fumbles?

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@GoPGo, He wasn't saying cut Kuhn, he was saying the exact opposite. He was saying how players make mistakes regardless of position, length in the league, starter or backup.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@GoPGo, He wasn't saying cut Kuhn, he was saying the exact opposite. He was saying how players make mistakes regardless of position, length in the league, starter or backup.
Frank is not advocating for Kuhn here.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I kind of see Ross getting cut by the Packers as a wake up call. "Yeah when you fumble a few returns and you figure its the heat of the moment I'll fix it next time. And next time you do the same thing but its not my fault right? Then you become unemployed and figure maybe I need to fix it. " thats what I figure he was doing. Glad he is gone, hope we find a better replacement.

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frank is not advocating for Kuhn here.

Perhaps I misunderstood, but it seemed as though he simply pointed out that players make mistakes and was backing up Ross by pointing out that everyone makes mistakes, not trying to slam Kuhn. If anything it reinforced his stance of not cutting someone because they fumbled. Where in that post did he say cut Kuhn? Where did he say cut Ross? He was pointing out how Kuhn makes some bone headed mistakes and no one is screaming for him to be cut (atleast in my mind).

Edit: I guess the point Frank was making is Kuhn is no ST god, just because Kuhn says not to come out of the endzone doesn't mean it was the right call. Kuhn has made his fair share of mistakes on ST.

Last edited:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps I misunderstood, but it seemed as though he simply pointed out that players make mistakes and was backing up Ross by pointing out that everyone makes mistakes, not trying to slam Kuhn. If anything it reinforced his stance of not cutting someone because they fumbled. Where in that post did he say cut Kuhn?

His past comments regarding Kuhn involve terms like "idiot" and "bonehead." Call it a hunch.

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure that I was the one who said boneheaded. But we can agree to disagree. I don't wanna fight, just felt it was a valid point and I'm probably incorrect, been drinking a few beers so I tend to take misjudge tone.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
He had the potential and I think we all saw it as fans. He had fumbles on plays that will lose you games (and did contribute to losses). Close to the goal and so on. I'm not sure he would have gotten over it here. Glad he found another opportunity, just wish it was outside of the NFCN.
Good point by Ogs, might have been working too hard to equal Cobb. I hadn't considered that.

Members online

Latest posts