Jennings signed by the packers

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eastcoastpacker said:
I must be blind,I don't see anything about it.I looked on other sites and didn't see anything.

Got this from kffl.

Packers | Team reaches contract agreement with G. Jennings
Sun, 23 Jul 2006 06:58:05 -0700

Paul Rieken, of News 3 Sports (Michigan), reports the Green Bay Packers have reached an agreement on a four-year contract with second-round draft pick WR Greg Jennings. Financial terms of the contract have not been disclosed. "I didn't want to have to, or even think about the possibility of a hold out. The Packers came to me with a good offer, there was a little bit of back and forth negotiating but not much," said Jennings. Jennings has already purchased a home in the Green Bay area, "7-miuntes from Lambeau Field."

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7 minutes from lambeau? sweet. hopefully they treat him better than nick barnett.. .. .

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
subin said:
He's referring to that whole night club mishap type situation.

The night club, not Nick Barnett. I thought something happened to Nick Barnett because I was unaware of that. I just seen him at the mall yesterday and he didn't have any noticable injuries or walking funny.

I then have to disagree with bringing up Nick Barnets's night club ordeal in regards to a Packer living seven minutes from Lambeau when FiveSix is about 15mins away from Lambeau.

Only thing that could merit that being mentioned is if Greg opens up a club of some sort.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finalizing terms with another draft choice, the Green Bay Packers Monday signed wide receiver Greg Jennings, the club's second of two selections in the second round. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the signing.

In addition Monday, the team released tight end Garrett Cross.

Jennings, a 5-foot-11, 197-pound talent out of Western Michigan, was the 52nd overall selection. Acquired with a choice Green Bay obtained from New England in a draft-day trade, Jennings was the fourth wide receiver chosen behind Santonio Holmes, Chad Jackson and Sinorice Moss.

The Kalamazoo, Mich., product led the nation in receptions per game (8.91) in his 2005 senior season. Also last year, he became the first Mid-American Conference performer to earn league MVP and offensive player of the year recognition in the same season since Randy Moss of Marshall did so in 1997. Jennings attended the same high school (Kalamazoo Central) as New York Yankees superstar Derek Jeter.

With Jennings' signing, six draft picks are under contract, including defensive end Dave Tollefson (June 23), defensive tackle Johnny Jolly (July 7), safety Tyrone Culver (July 11), cornerback Will Blackmon (July 14) and tackle/guard Tony Moll (Tuesday). The Packers led the league in 2006 with 12 draft choices.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:
eastcoastpacker said:
I must be blind,I don't see anything about it.I looked on other sites and didn't see anything.

Got this from kffl.

Packers | Team reaches contract agreement with G. Jennings
Sun, 23 Jul 2006 06:58:05 -0700

Paul Rieken, of News 3 Sports (Michigan), reports the Green Bay Packers have reached an agreement on a four-year contract with second-round draft pick WR Greg Jennings. Financial terms of the contract have not been disclosed. "I didn't want to have to, or even think about the possibility of a hold out. The Packers came to me with a good offer, there was a little bit of back and forth negotiating but not much," said Jennings. Jennings has already purchased a home in the Green Bay area, "7-miuntes from Lambeau Field."

YAY!!! A four year contract! That means he will not be complaining about wanting a new contract for a season and a half!!!(J/K!!!) With the way it's been going, thats just what came to my mind. Hopefully he will be a great player, with a great attitude!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers | Contract update: G. Jennings
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:44:22 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers rookie WR Greg Jennings signed a four-year deal worth $2.85 million, including a signing bonus of $1.24 million. The deal also included base salaries of $275,000 in 2006, $360,000 in 2007, $445,000 in 2008 and $530,000 in 2009.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts