Jennings: I don't want a franchise tag

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it'll be fine. Jennings has had injury problems and hasn't produced much when he has been on the field this year. I don't think he'll command a large salary on the market... certainly nothing TT won't be willing to match.

H

HardRightEdge

I think it'll be fine. Jennings has had injury problems and hasn't produced much when he has been on the field this year. I don't think he'll command a large salary on the market... certainly nothing TT won't be willing to match.

There are several teams desperate for a receiver. Take MIN for example, where Jennings could play with his new best friend. The Rams still have no idea whether Bradford is the real deal given his paucity of weapons over his time there. I'm sure there are a 1/2 dozen other teams I could name if I thought about it for more than a minute.

I'd say if Jennings can make a highlight reel play or two the rest of the way, that would assuage injury concerns in some quarters, with an offer coming that would exceed TT's.

TT's formula begins and ends with getting good value for the $. With a big chunk of Jennings' targets going to Cobb, now and for the future, his value proposition drops sharply, healthy or not. Jennings is popular, but not so popular as to have the "fandom blackmail" quotient of a Donald Driver.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best case scenario: Packers and Jennings find common ground.

Worst case scenario: Facing Jennings twice a year.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There are several teams desperate for a receiver. Take MIN for example, where Jennings could play with his new best friend. The Rams still have no idea whether Bradford is the real deal given his paucity of weapons over his time there. I'm sure there are a 1/2 dozen other teams I could name if I thought about it for more than a minute.

I'd say if Jennings can make a highlight reel play or two the rest of the way, that would assuage injury concerns in some quarters, with an offer coming that would exceed TT's.

TT's formula begins and ends with getting good value for the $. With a big chunk of Jennings' targets going to Cobb, now and for the future, his value proposition drops sharply, healthy or not. Jennings is popular, but not so popular as to have the "fandom blackmail" quotient of a Donald Driver.

He's not essential to us winning, at least certainly not this year, but I expect he'll be back next year one way or another. Driver otoh, he's an all-time Packer great, but it is time for him to retire and I don't think the outcries to bring him back at all costs will be nearly what they were this year.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is either Oakland or Miami. Both are receiver needy teams with connections to the Packers.

Could also go to Arizona, since he has close ties to Larry Fitzgerald.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is either Oakland or Miami. Both are receiver needy teams with connections to the Packers.

Could also go to Arizona, since he has close ties to Larry Fitzgerald.

It would be very Arizona like to fix their offense by signing a 30 yr old receiver

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay him....not with his injury history and new found desire to brand himself in the media. What scares me is that I don't know who can step into his role. Jordy seems like a burner...Cobb is more slot and JJ is real streaky. Jennings finds a way to get separation early in the route against top corners where the other guys don't. Cobb gets separation but its after the play starts to break down.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds as if Jennings has one foot out the door already. I give him less a chance of being back next year than Finley. Finley's actually been playing pretty well the last few weeks and if he continues and has a good playoff, he could get his paycheck next year.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If jennings leaving means we get to keep other valued players, then so be it. I just hope he does not go somewhere inside our division. I think that teams like: Raiders, chiefs, browns, Jets, Miami, Jags, Carolina will all have some sort of bidding war on him.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I don't see Jennings going to a rebuilding team but to one that has only a couple pieces of the puzzle missing for a SB run.

Maybe yes, maybe no. He already has his SB ring, he may just go to whom ever waves the most cash under his nose. I know if I had 4-5 more years to play and I have a SB ring on my finger already, I would go get some cash and prepare for a retirement.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL AM talked about him possibly going to the Texans. Him & AJ would be a good duo. W/him missing a few games we might be able to get him at a discount.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO the Packers won't put a FT on him as they won't want to pay him that much. They won't be able to w/everyone else we have to sign.

Reaction score
I doubt that he would want to go to Minnesota. Why would anyone want to go to Minnesota? Do you think AP is happy he's in Minny? He is having the season of his career and it's all bittersweet. I know money talks but I feel that Jennings is not just about money.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings will have 2 rings. I wouldn't be surprised if he talked to the Patriots. If I were Greg & the Packers didn't sign me these would be the 5 teams I would go for.
Pats
Skins
Texans
Denver &
49ers

Members online

Latest posts