Jenkins to have breakout season

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the latest SI they list 5 players to have breakout seasons. One of the 5 is Cullen Jenkins. They go on to say how Jenkins took KGB's starting spot with no hope of him getting it back. They also say that what they saw tc so far that he has quickness and some great spin moves. I mark my calender with X's everyday until that magical sunday september 9.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will share time ... probably put KGB on 3rd downs where the other teams chances of passing the ball are more then running it ... considering his fast

Reaction score
I think it's reasonable to have Jenkins up there.

He's got great strength at the DE position, and above average speed/quickness that can make him a killer DE.

I think mentally, Jenkins is relishing having some security and knowing he doesn't have to fight for his life just to make the cut. He can take more chances and be more aggressive in practice, knowing if he gets burned it won't cost him everything.

Hopefully the same can be said of his play during the season. He's someone whose worked his way on to the team, and then worked his way in to a starting spot, so you can't help but hope the dude does well.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB is very fast on passing downs. Since Jenkins is better against the run, its a perfect situation for us. PLUS we have Kampman. We got 3 Great DE's :)

Reaction score
When KGB goes in on passing downs, Jenkins will move to DT.

I respectfully disagree.

That would mean that Jenkins is on the field quite a bit, which I don't think the coaches want to do (i.e. overwork any 1 player).

On obvious passing downs, I think Jenkins is replaced by KGB, and the DT's are Corey Williams and John Jolly.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If, in fact, Jenkins has a break out year and the defensive backfield improves like it seems to be doing we should be a top 10 and maybe top five defense.

Jenkins playing large and a 2nd DB stepping up and we kick butt.

Members online

Latest posts