*Jenkins father FOUND*

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
540 ESPN Milwaukee

By JASON WILDE
[email protected]

IRVING, Texas – Cullen Jenkins voice quavered, his eyes cast down toward the floor. Super Bowl week is supposed to be full of happy, inspiring stories. And maybe this one will end happily, too.

But maybe it won’t. And that’s what the Green Bay Packers veteran defensive end is afraid of.

On Sunday, Jenkins will play in Super Bowl XLV against the Pittsburgh Steelers, and he doesn’t know if his father will be there. Because he doesn't know where his father, the man who raised him as a single parent, is.

“We just haven’t heard from him,” Jenkins said Wednesday morning at the Packers team hotel. “He went out to Hawaii and we haven’t heard from him since he went out there. It’s been a little over a month.”

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow. Thats incredibly sad. I hope this has a happy ending for Jenkins and his family.

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's horrible. Hopefully all will turn out well. I will be sending up prayers also.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Didn't know that. And the guy is still playing out of his mind?

Now we HAVE to win the SB. Not only for the long drought Packers fans have been through, not only for Favre karma, not only for guys like DD, Woodson and Pickett, but for Cullen as well.

Sorry Steelers. I know you guys really want to win it, but to you it's just one more title. It just means so much more to this Packers team.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers need to win this for Cullen if it will help with any grieving process if the worst has happened.

I hope his dad turns out to be OK.

Packerstud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.
Vince Lombardi

At the hight of your career and to endure such personal tragedies. Great men have been forged at such time in life.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, this is awful news.

I read something earlier this week that said that the Steelers and their fans WANT to win this Super Bowl.

The Packers and their fans NEED to win it.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is tragic. It makes me even more thankful for the father I had, who I already considered the greatest.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Wow, over a month with no contact from him. That's not a good sign. Prayers are with Jenkins and his family.

Black and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's horrible--a month? It doesn't sound like that's normal behavior given Jenkins' reaction to it. Both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry Steelers. I know you guys really want to win it, but to you it's just one more title. It just means so much more to this Packers team.

Honestly, it wouldn't kill me to see this one go to the Pack, and that has absolutely nothing to do with Jenkins. (It has everything to do with beating Baltimore a few weeks back.)

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
That's horrible--a month? It doesn't sound like that's normal behavior given Jenkins' reaction to it. Both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Honestly, it wouldn't kill me to see this one go to the Pack, and that has absolutely nothing to do with Jenkins. (It has everything to do with beating Baltimore a few weeks back.)

That's how a Steelers fan (whom I'm going to watch the game with) feels. He said if the Steelers lose he would want it to be to GB. Heck, his mom is actually pulling for the Packers and I took her for a hard core Steelers fan. I have to echo that. If an AFC team wins, let it be the Steelers. GB and Steelers have so much in common as far as fan bases, history etc...

Beating the Bears last week in their house, in the NFC Championship game..that felt bigger than the SB in a lot of ways. So I know what you mean. Still want GB to bring the Lombardi home though.

Hope they find Jenkins dad, such a sad story. He did seem kind of down during media day, I was kind of wondering.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers to Jenkins and his family. Don't always assume the worst. Maybe something was going on with him and he just needed time to get away and think and lost track of time. Maybe the Packers winning the SB will draw him out. Hope all goes well, and if worse comes to worse, Jenkings has a family of teammates who, win or lose, will be there to support him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's how a Steelers fan (whom I'm going to watch the game with) feels. He said if the Steelers lose he would want it to be to GB. Heck, his mom is actually pulling for the Packers and I took her for a hard core Steelers fan. I have to echo that. If an AFC team wins, let it be the Steelers. GB and Steelers have so much in common as far as fan bases, history etc...

Beating the Bears last week in their house, in the NFC Championship game..that felt bigger than the SB in a lot of ways. So I know what you mean. Still want GB to bring the Lombardi home though.

Hope they find Jenkins dad, such a sad story. He did seem kind of down during media day, I was kind of wondering.
Having hoisted the Hallas trophy at Soldier field, and playing against the most successful franchise of the modern era makes losing the SB a lot less painful, I'll tell you that.

Latest posts